Who was he

On 10/19/2023 at 7:12 PM, peanuts2 said:

Darren mcdonagh born in hong kong iirc 

It was Dougie Anderson who was born in Hong Kong, no longer with us sadly. Darron McDonough was born in Antwerp as has been correctly stated, although he lived near me in Failsworth. 

Here's another couple of overseas players (apologies if they've already been mentioned and I've missed them), does anyone remember Winston Dubose or Orpheo Keizerweerd?!

2 hours ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

It was Dougie Anderson who was born in Hong Kong, no longer with us sadly. Darron McDonough was born in Antwerp as has been correctly stated, although he lived near me in Failsworth. 

Here's another couple of overseas players (apologies if they've already been mentioned and I've missed them), does anyone remember Winston Dubose or Orpheo Keizerweerd?!

Don't think Dubose ever played in the first team?  Dean Bouzanis did

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Don't think Dubose ever played in the first team?  Dean Bouzanis did

Dubose played one first team game, at home against Darlington in the League Cup. I remember it well, he had a slightly 'unorthodox' style - a tendency to try to save everything with his legs and he kept legging it out of his area - but still managed to keep a clean sheet though 😀 

2 minutes ago, stott182 said:

I thought we had Ben Amos and Rachubka from MU and they are both English.

We had Lee Grant and many other very solid GKs on loan in the past

Rachubka is half American and was born in California but lived here from an early age

l havent read this thread bc l don't like looking backwards but incase it hasnt been mentioned his nickname was lnspector bc his name was almost pronounced the same the fictional detective 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

good player but didnt have the edge one would have expected from an Atgie. he was too nice on the pitch and didnt even intrinsically hate England for starters!!!