Chesterfield

Apparently they've sold out their 1700 allocation in 15 minutes, I'm presuming they'll get the whole of the Chaddy End if they want it? Don't think we can afford to turn the 40k down that 2000 more tickets could generate.

Edited by yarddog73

35 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

They will absolutely roll us.

Hopefully our players can maybe take something from the inevitable battering.

Doubt it, though. Spineless jokers.

I am hoping this will be quite a competitive game, which I can see us winning.  There should be (I say should) no pressure on the players as the general consensus would more than likely be an expected loss.  It will suit us to sit in and break almost like an away performance.  Playing the better teams in the league has suited us, I suppose Gateshead at home being the exception. 

I can see it being a "typical Latics" performance but in an arse about face way from Saturday, where we go and win 4-3, 3-2 or something like that.  

Spireite in peace

Do you think the reduced allocation was on Police advice or is there some reason Oldham are reluctant to give the whole away end? ( do you usually give it all if a club can sell it ? ) If this game has a chance of being the promotion game all it will do is drive 2000 more away fans into the home end and have people maybe travelling without a ticket. I can't believe for a minute anyone thinks that is a better solution than having us all in one place.

Let's hope that common sense prevails and whoever made that decision has a rethink. 1700 tickets went in 12 minutes and that was to ST holders only.

Whatever let's hope for both sets of fans to behave like adults ( unlike the last few times we have met where neither have done so )

1 minute ago, -lemlinspire said:

Spireite in peace

Do you think the reduced allocation was on Police advice or is there some reason Oldham are reluctant to give the whole away end? ( do you usually give it all if a club can sell it ? ) If this game has a chance of being the promotion game all it will do is drive 2000 more away fans into the home end and have people maybe travelling without a ticket. I can't believe for a minute anyone thinks that is a better solution than having us all in one place.

Let's hope that common sense prevails and whoever made that decision has a rethink. 1700 tickets went in 12 minutes and that was to ST holders only.

Whatever let's hope for both sets of fans to behave like adults ( unlike the last few times we have met where neither have done so )

Wrexham got the whole end last season and they have some spicey fans. They’ve already made it an early kick off, so I can’t see us not giving it you on those grounds. Plus it’s a lot of revenue for us to down, so I can’t see it myself. 

My guess is 1700 to see how you get on initially.  The rest to follow after that. 

The end holds 3750 but due to ongoing maintenance work the capacity for Frank’s homecoming game was reduced to about 2250. 
So, unfortunately, if the necessary work isn’t completed I think you’ll probably only get another 500 or so.

The main stand paddock has been allocated to the smaller supported away clubs so if they were to also give you that it would be another 3/400.

33 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The end holds 3750 but due to ongoing maintenance work the capacity for Frank’s homecoming game was reduced to about 2250. 
So, unfortunately, if the necessary work isn’t completed I think you’ll probably only get another 500 or so.

The main stand paddock has been allocated to the smaller supported away clubs so if they were to also give you that it would be another 3/400.

There was about 800/1000 less due to segregation against Kidderminster so maybe the capacity is more like 2700 ish

1 hour ago, -lemlinspire said:

Spireite in peace

1700 is a piss take tbh with you and It’ll definitely be on police advice. Whilst we aren’t skint, we aren’t going to turn our nose up at thousands more in revenue. Wrexham got 2400, which still isn’t a full stand and your fan base is nothing like as bad as theirs. 

They’ll make it ticket only for home fans soon too, and cancel any tickets that weren’t in our database, so there won’t be Chesterfield fans in the home end, barring maybe 1 or 2 who slip the net. 

2 hours ago, -lemlinspire said:

Spireite in peace

Charge the police for a 1,000 lost fans revenue.😄

3 hours ago, daniel said:

1700 is a piss take tbh with you and It’ll definitely be on police advice. Whilst we aren’t skint, we aren’t going to turn our nose up at thousands more in revenue. Wrexham got 2400, which still isn’t a full stand and your fan base is nothing like as bad as theirs. 

They’ll make it ticket only for home fans soon too, and cancel any tickets that weren’t in our database, so there won’t be Chesterfield fans in the home end, barring maybe 1 or 2 who slip the net. 

Be some good money going for fans wishing to sell their QR code for the game...

7 hours ago, -lemlinspire said:

Spireite in peace

2000 more away fans. Course.

Edited by longtimeblue

44 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

2000 more away fans. Course.

With respect if this is a possible promotion game it would be more important to us than our recent away FA cup game at Watford and we took over 4000 and sold out easily for that game. This is not a pissing contests it is about making sure everyone is safe and those in charge hopefully make good decisions.

13 hours ago, -lemlinspire said:

With respect if this is a possible promotion game it would be more important to us than our recent away FA cup game at Watford and we took over 4000 and sold out easily for that game. This is not a pissing contests it is about making sure everyone is safe and those in charge hopefully make good decisions.

I hope common sense prevails, if it were on the other foot there'd be a meltdown on here if we were given less than half the tickets for a stand that holds 3500, that's before you factor in it may be the game that seals your promotion. I can't think of another club who'd turn down the income from another 2000 supporters, it's not like we need the seats for home fans.

43 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I hope common sense prevails, if it were on the other foot there'd be a meltdown on here if we were given less than half the tickets for a stand that holds 3500, that's before you factor in it may be the game that seals your promotion. I can't think of another club who'd turn down the income from another 2000 supporters, it's not like we need the seats for home fans.

We do need the seats don’t we? We had 11,000 home fans on Saturday, and i’m sure they all loved it enough to return in future, no?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Would make more sense to give them the whole of the Chaddy End instead of having some of their fans scattered in the home end. But, by the same token, F Chesterfield...

Yes, obviously…But because of maintenance work they can’t be given the complete end.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Yes, obviously…But because of maintenance work they can’t be given the complete end.

Barring a block or two for segregation it looked like the whole stand was in use for Saturdays fixture.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Barring a block or two for segregation it looked like the whole stand was in use for Saturdays fixture.

The Chaddy end segregation block was far too large, could have been a a small barrier leaving about 500 more seats for sale.

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

From a public safety perspective it would be sensible to give Chesterfield the whole of the Chaddy End. It probably still won't be enough but at least you're mitigating some of the issues caused by away fans in the home stands. 

Agreed.