Chesterfield

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The Police one million percent requested more tickets. They think Chesterfield fans will travel anyway so don't want them wandering around Oldham...

I’m not disputing what you say but that’s just weird!

The police tend to have the final say in these situations.

It is they who make the decision to move the KO time, it is they who make the decision for the games to be ‘all ticket’.

If the ‘police’ had requested that we give them more tickets we would have to comply, surely?

If it was up to me I would have given them the small block in the main stand paddock and then give @BP1960 an unlimited supply of werthers original to lob at their heads. They should count themselves lucky.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, -lemlinspire said:

Update on the tickets.  At a meeting with the club last night our liaison office confirmed  that both CFC and the police requested more tickets but Oldham refused and offered no "rationale" .

This seems a very bizarre decision and an unsafe one.

You can't bring approx 400 year upon year and as soon as you're doing well you're wanting the moon on a stick. Do one.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I’m not disputing what you say but that’s just weird!

The police tend to have the final say in these situations.

It is they who make the decision to move the KO time, it is they who make the decision for the games to be ‘all ticket’.

If the ‘police’ had requested that we give them more tickets we would have to comply, surely?

Do we heck. Police can't make Oldham sell them if they're saying they're not opening the bottom section of the Chaddy...

43 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Do we heck. Police can't make Oldham sell them if they're saying they're not opening the bottom section of the Chaddy...

I think they probably could….I don’t think they’ll be too pleased if ticketless fans end up milling around outside the ground or infiltrating the home ends!

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I think they probably could….I don’t think they’ll be too pleased if ticketless fans end up milling around outside the ground or infiltrating the home ends!

That's why they asked them to put more tickets on sale, but they can't force them to...

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

After the last two times we played them, couldn't care less if they were only allowed 100 tickets. People will fight and cause trouble regardless.

On that basis let them have what they want, still doesn't make sense to me that we'll have them in the home ends when there will be at least 1500 seats empty in the Chaddy.

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

On that basis let them have what they want, still doesn't make sense to me that we'll have them in the home ends when there will be at least 1500 seats empty in the Chaddy.

I do think we should give them more, doesn’t make sense to me, but there won’t be many of them in the home ends. A few may slip through, but it’s ticket only for us, and your address has to be in our database to be able to get a ticket. 

31 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Chesterfield will win the title at BP on Saturday if they win and Barnet drop points.

Early kick of means they will be waiting an awful long time after the final whistle in the Chaddy end for the Barnet result

1 hour ago, LaticsEddie said:

Early kick of means they will be waiting an awful long time after the final whistle in the Chaddy end for the Barnet result

Didn't think of that...

20 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Chesterfield are showing the match at their ground on Saturday which could negate the danger of away supporters in home areas.

Also

Streaming
Just seen this…
Due to the earlier kick off time, the Chesterfield home fixture is available to stream on National League TV.

• Like 1

not been able to  attend  games recently  due to sudden illness and still quite week. Missed the last 2 home games and  could see the floodlights from the corridor of Oldham Royal Hospital!! 

If I am not strong enough to go to the Chesterfield game at least I can now watch it on National League stream

52 minutes ago, Norewgian Gunnar said:

not been able to  attend  games recently  due to sudden illness and still quite week. Missed the last 2 home games and  could see the floodlights from the corridor of Oldham Royal Hospital!! 

If I am not strong enough to go to the Chesterfield game at least I can now watch it on National League stream

Hope you’re on the mend pal. 

Mind you, I think I’d prefer a spell in a hospital than go to home games, so every cloud. 😁

On 3/8/2024 at 9:00 PM, oafc1955 said:

Tough shit. Hope it rains on them.

Edited by diggleblue
Wrong spelling.

7 hours ago, Norewgian Gunnar said:

Get well soon mate.

• Bender changed the title to Chesterfield
On 3/13/2024 at 3:44 PM, Norewgian Gunnar said:

Get well soon and take comfort you’ve missed absolutely nothing !!