Chesterfield

7 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

The block at the back nearest the main stand wasn't open.

Because Kidderminster didn’t sell it. They still had tickets available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Watching Dorking v Chesterfield,  currently 2 nil Dorking.  Absolutely nothing to fear from Chesterfield. 

4-1 now, remarkable. Chesterfield are comeback experts but this will take some rescuing.

They need 96 points (11 more) to confirm it from here but that's assuming Barnet or Bromley win all their games so it's quite possible they could seal the deal on the 16th at our place yes certainly if we beat Bromley tomorrow.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

They could do it the previous game, depends on their results and those of Bromley and Barnet. It's still possible. 

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

They need 96 points (11 more) to confirm it from here but that's assuming Barnet or Bromley win all their games so it's quite possible they could seal the deal on the 16th at our place yes certainly if we beat Bromley tomorrow.

Think the early kick-off and Bromley and Barnet not playing in the league on Saturday may scupper them winning it at ISZ. We might be their last game before being crowned champions but they may have to wait until after Bromley and Barnet play before it's confirmed.

• Like 1

Update on the tickets.  At a meeting with the club last night our liaison office confirmed  that both CFC and the police requested more tickets but Oldham refused and offered no "rationale" .

This seems a very bizarre decision and an unsafe one.

19 minutes ago, -lemlinspire said:

Update on the tickets.  At a meeting with the club last night our liaison office confirmed  that both CFC and the police requested more tickets but Oldham refused and offered no "rationale" .

'the police requested more tickets'? 

I heard that the numbers were reduced due to the fact that Chesterfield fans have been talking about pitch invasions and the like - I would imagine that GMP will have advised the club against giving more tickets to the away club.

Either way, you will have enough fans in the ground to make a decent noise.

By my amateur calculations, will win the title at BP it they win their upcoming games against Fylde and Oxford City, they beat us, and Barnet don't beat Eastleigh on Tuesday. Anything else and it will go beyond our game (potentially just until 5pm the same day).

I'll stand corrected if I've got that wrong!

36 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

'the police requested more tickets'? 

I heard that the numbers were reduced due to the fact that Chesterfield fans have been talking about pitch invasions and the like - I would imagine that GMP will have advised the club against giving more tickets to the away club.

Either way, you will have enough fans in the ground to make a decent noise.

The Police one million percent requested more tickets. They think Chesterfield fans will travel anyway so don't want them wandering around Oldham...

53 minutes ago, -lemlinspire said:

I mean I cant remember a time Chesterfield have ever brought around 4 thousand fans so its only day trippers missing out anyway.

Blame your allocation and your probable housing at the top of the stand, as far from the pitch as possible, on the fact sections of your fanbase have been talking about pitch invasions 6 months in advance. On that note, it would be wise for your fellow supporters to stop broadcasting the fact they are purchasing tickets in the home end. I suspect all parties are not unaware of this and the "no rationale" comment was made purely to appease your lot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

On a fashion note do I need to buy some Stone Island for this game?

😂

Stone Island, CP company, Burberry are all optional. Garishly coloured Gazelle's are mandatory 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -lemlinspire said:

Very strange decision, we obviously don't need the money.

I'll probably give it a swerve, it's not too difficult to predict it's going to be dick heads day out.