JKLatics - Latics Internet Pioneers

17 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

There was a last to post on this thread wins thread which was brilliant. 

Was on there as this username I think.

I was one of the regulars on Big Thread along with Derek Wilson, Jimi T, Maddog, Stipe Tripe, Leeslover, GillianFN and Stevie J and I think Ackey popped up now and again. Apologies if I missed any other regulars. The eventual unwritten rule was you posted about anything other than football. Got to something stupid like 6000+ pages. Stipe did curate it after it ended and had it in his e mails somewhere split into chunks. I tend to read rather than post nowadays.

Edited by Inspectormorose.
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Ackey said:

As you can see from @Matt's homage (also at the top of OWTB right now), it was indeed Jack and Kate:

OWTB - Oldham Athletic Forum

Mike Stott was also involved with Jack in running the site, he still goes to Latics. Not heard or seen Jack in a long time.

4 hours ago, Lags said:

Mike Stott was also involved with Jack in running the site, he still goes to Latics. Not heard or seen Jack in a long time.

oh yeah wasn’t Mike Stott the resident statto on there?

1 hour ago, Ackey said:

Where you pulling these screenshots from @Matt?

Wayback Machine. Unfortunately they didn't crawl into the actual thread/topics, but there is still a lot of stuff just under the indexes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We lost a regular JK Latics contributor a few months ago, BLUMAX.

Still in regular contact with the likes of LatikNik, Wilson etc. Some lapsed fans but all Latics at heart...

There's lots of them from JK Latics days.

Some great memories of working with Jack on JKLatics

Met some fantastic people through the site. Too many to name, but a few from the top of my head Lags, Stipe Tripe, Nik, Derek Wilson, Cromwell. 

Not heard from Jack and Kate for a few years. 

Be interested to know where your getting the screen shots, been having a look only recently but not been able to find anything.

From memory the theory that Alan Hardy was TGOBM was not true. We could see the individual IP addresses of the people who posted on the message board and it just didn’t match up. 

still have a season ticket, but can only make it to around half the home games due to work commitments. Looking forward to Halifax away on Tuesday

Edited by Mike_Stott
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mike_Stott said:

Be interested to know where your getting the screen shots, been having a look only recently but not been able to find anything.

23 hours ago, Matt said:

Wayback Machine. Unfortunately they didn't crawl into the actual thread/topics, but there is still a lot of stuff just under the indexes. 

10 hours ago, Mike_Stott said:

Some great memories of working with Jack on JKLatics

Met some fantastic people through the site. Too many to name, but a few from the top of my head Lags, Stipe Tripe, Nik, Derek Wilson, Cromwell. 

Not heard from Jack and Kate for a few years. 

From memory the theory that Alan Hardy was TGOBM was not true. We could see the individual IP addresses of the people who posted on the message board and it just didn’t match up. 

still have a season ticket, but can only make it to around half the home games due to work commitments. Looking forward to Halifax away on Tuesday

Wayback Machine (archive.org)

that link should take you directly to what they have captured. Unfortunately as Matt said, they only have the homepage and not the actual threads. 

On 3/6/2024 at 8:44 PM, maximus1267 said:

I was on there under a different username.

I was on there as well, but I can't remember my username!

On 3/6/2024 at 11:56 PM, Lags said:

TGOBM was quite a knowledgeable chap, many suspected it was Alan Hardy, not sure about that myself but I do wonder what became of him.

Didn't TGOBM stand for the ghost of Brendan McManus?

On 3/7/2024 at 4:11 PM, Inspectormorose. said:

I was one of the regulars on Big Thread along with Derek Wilson, Jimi T, Maddog, Stipe Tripe, Leeslover, GillianFN and Stevie J and I think Ackey popped up now and again. Apologies if I missed any other regulars. The eventual unwritten rule was you posted about anything other than football. Got to something stupid like 6000+ pages. Stipe did curate it after it ended and had it in his e mails somewhere split into chunks. I tend to read rather than post nowadays.

Nice to know you’re still kicking about, Inspector!

• Like 1

Didn't have the Internet in our house until about 2006! 

Could only look at Latics sites on the Internet occasionally at college and work but do remember the Canada site. Wasn't there an official message board as well around 2005/2006?

Think I must have joined this forum fairly soon after it's inception and mad to think that was 17/18 years ago! Wasted a lot of time on this site at one point getting incredibly wound up by people like Oafc0000 and Corporal Jones. 

But there's been a lot of good posts and posters too over the years which has made this a top site and still something I look at fairly regularly. Well done to Matt and the admins.

Edited by Yard Dog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2024 at 7:42 AM, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I was there under this user name. Does anyone else miss the spectacularly zany PlakkiLakki? 

I never got my head around Plakki’s posting style. I remember some people claimed to have cracked the code and understood his posts but I wasn’t one of them!