Season tickets early bird discount

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Your season ticket buys you a season ticket not a superior right- 😂

Season ticket is important money over the summer, but it doesn’t fund everything over the course of the season. That’s where match day and POTD revenue comes in. 

I’ve spent more this season by POTD, than people paid for their season tickets. So by your rationale- I deserve  a bigger say than you because I’ve financially made a bigger contribution. . . 

Or maybe we should realise it’s each to their own, no fan is better than the other and each individual does what works for them. 

Think the point is the season ticket money is what they'll gauge to budget for the season. If nobody bought them or there was a drastic drop I'd imagine that would affect recruitment in the summer

1 hour ago, JED said:

Be good to see those NOT committing keeping quiet when there are questions being asked about the cost of the squad next season. Those buying a season ticket are contributing to the running of the club and backing Frank and co, and ‘buy’ the right to comment.

I think their is element of season fatigue at the moment it happens quite often at this time of year but particularly with the recent form. However come August their will be a renewed sense of optimism.

Obviously what we do during the close season will have a big impact, but I think come August alot of those wavering now will be refreshed and will have renewed their season tickets.

• Like 1

I think the short deadline is so they can get some money in quick and as someone else mentioned gauge the uptake and plan the spending in the future.

They have pitched it about right, if a little low in my opinion and they had to put the money up as all costs generally will go up in April.

You can't really gripe at the price as a season ticket in the NL, although the product you are getting for it may not make it worth it :)

We have all got to try to stick with it, but if you don't want to that's your choice, no problem from me.

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Think the point is the season ticket money is what they'll gauge to budget for the season. If nobody bought them or there was a drastic drop I'd imagine that would affect recruitment in the summer

I know. But that’s a myth.

We sold circa 4000 season tickets last season at £280 a pop.

That’s 1.1 million. 

There’s no way we set our budget off that last season. 

Norwood

Nuttall

Reid

Kurt 

Fondop

Them five alone would be the best part of a million in wages. So what pays the other 20 odd players in the squad??

In the article on the official website it says our average home attendance is 6800- that is what the playing budget will be decided on. 

1.1 million in season ticket sales divided by 52 - £21.5k a week. 

Circa 3000 POTD paying £25 for 23 games- gives you 1.725 million. 

1.725 million divided by 52- 33k a week. 

Our playing budget is therefore anything up to 54.5k a week. Which is far more realistic with a squad of 30 players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That’s 1.1 million. 

Norwood

Nuttall

Reid

Kurt 

Fondop

Them five alone would be the best part of a million in wages. So what pays the other 20 odd players in the squad??

In the article on the official website it says our average home attendance is 6800- that is what the playing budget will be decided on. 

Our playing budget is therefore anything up to 54.5k a week. Which is far more realistic with a squad of 30 players. 

Parachute payments, early enthusiasm, will look to manage the budget better this season I’d imagine.

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That’s 1.1 million. 

Norwood

Nuttall

Reid

Kurt 

Fondop

I'd say <50% of season tickets are full price seats - there's a hell of a lot of concessions, whether youth or pensioners etc within that element of the fan base .. that said, with almost the same number of POTD's, it's still a fair amount of money coming in 

Edited by thetramfixer
spelling

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That’s 1.1 million. 

Norwood

Nuttall

Reid

Kurt 

Fondop

You think clubs don't adjust budgets etc based off season ticket sales?

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You think clubs don't adjust budgets etc based off season ticket sales?

Of course- it’s a big part of the budget. 

My point is- season tickets aren’t the whole budget. . as this season obviously shows.

There is no way last seasons ticket money alone is paying for the current squad. 

Edited by League one forever

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Of course- it’s a big part of the budget. 

My point is- season tickets aren’t the whole budget. . as this season obviously shows.

There is no way last seasons ticket money alone is paying for the current squad. 

Don't think anybody suggested that was the whole budget. That would be silly

25 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Don't understand people complaining about the deadline. Season Tickets always go on sale in March. People have had almost a year to put money aside for it. It's almost as if it comes as a big shock to many when they release them...

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

I'd say <50% of season tickets are full price seats - there's a hell of a lot of concessions, whether youth or pensioners etc within that element of the fan base .. that said, with almost the same number of POTD's, it's still a fair amount of money coming in 

Yes and deduct VAT too - season ticket revenue last year will have been way shy of a million. 

Still, a pound in the pocket and what not. It's certainly important to the club and they'll want to sell as many as possible irrespective of any potential shortfall on subsequent matchday ticket sales.

Just buy one ✅ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Clearly not. As stated they'll use it to gauge the budget. Not use it as the whole budget. 

Ahhh. Riiiiiight. 😂😂

Well their ‘gauge’ of last season was an absolute country mile off what they’ve actually spent. So hopefully they’ll rethink and budget for a whole instead of a ‘gauge’. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The point being we all like to comment on the strength or otherwise of the squad and expect the owners to continue to cough up. If I was Frank I would be seeing season ticket sales as one of the indicators of the strength of support and MAY influence the budget, and we therefore should be willing to contribute ourselves where possible - accepting that for various reasons a season ticket is not suitable for all supporters.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Ahhh. Riiiiiight. 😂😂

Well their ‘gauge’ of last season was an absolute country mile off what they’ve actually spent. So hopefully they’ll rethink and budget for a whole instead of a ‘gauge’. 

Not being the brightest are you. Either intentionally or not

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Ahhh. Riiiiiight. 😂😂

Come on mate, season ticket sales are paramount when establishing a playing budget, which itself will have parameters dependent on how the season is panning out.

I doubt the owners have a fixed subsidy in mind and wouldn't be surprised if they actually pushed that boat out further in the event of higher than expected sales..

Edited by Can Neil Redfearn Do It

2 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Come on mate, season ticket sales are paramount when establishing a playing budget, which itself will have parameters dependent on how the season is panning out.

I doubt the owners have a fixed subsidy in mind and wouldn't be surprised if they actually pushed that boat out further in the event of higher than expected sales..

He just wants to argue it seems. Makes sense to everyone else