Season tickets early bird discount

On 3/27/2024 at 4:01 PM, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Not exactly mega money is it, how much were they last season..?

2023 / 24 season Early Bird:

Adult 22-64 £286.00

Concession 65+, 18-21 £175.00

Youth 14-17 £75.00

2024 / 25 season Early Bird:

Adults 22-64 £320 or 11.89% increase

Concession 65+, 18-21 £220 or 25.71% increase

Youth 14-17 £110 or 46.67% increase

I read through looking to see if someone else had spotted the differential increase for old codgers like me.

Thanks LaticMark.  

There are so many of us and just as the Tories are moving the balance of taxation away from workers (broadly speaking NIC payers) to pensioners (who pay no NIC) the Latics want us old ones to pay a larger proportion of gate income.

13 minutes ago, old codger said:

I read through looking to see if someone else had spotted the differential increase for old codgers like me.

Thanks LaticMark.  

There are so many of us and just as the Tories are moving the balance of taxation away from workers (broadly speaking NIC payers) to pensioners (who pay no NIC) the Latics want us old ones to pay a larger proportion of gate income.

And we're still cheaper than most clubs, as I've found on my infrequent travels this season.

44 minutes ago, old codger said:

Thanks LaticMark.  

And rightly so. In what other line of business would you charge significantly less than your direct competitors? Halifax are charging £18 in a few weeks, and the cheapest at Rochdale is £15 in the standing sections. Granted they are POTD prices, but still significantly higher than what you’d be paying next season. 

1 hour ago, old codger said:

Thanks LaticMark.  

about time Boomers paid a decent price for sumat!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old codger said:

Thanks LaticMark.  

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

about time Boomers paid a decent price for sumat!!

It was pretty cheap last time around tbf - it’s still less than a tenner 👍

6 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Not a bad price really and i will be buying. 

Early bird is an increase of 1.50 a game (assuming you go to all the home games) not much more than the price of a daily red top. 

10 hours ago, disjointed said:

Early bird is an increase of 1.50 a game (assuming you go to all the home games) not much more than the price of a daily red top. 

Does anyone buy a daily Red Top these days?. At one time a newspaper was a staple on the way to work.

21 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Has anything else been disclosed? Is it a much needed cunning plan to access the fans bar from the stand?

Yes it's to build a new entrance direct into fans bar, which in itself is a good idea, but my lovely halfway line seat will be gone.  Great for half time I guess.

1 hour ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Yes it's to build a new entrance direct into fans bar, which in itself is a good idea, but my lovely halfway line seat will be gone.  Great for half time I guess.

I have been informed it’s for the 100 club whose seats they are moving into my block (E) to be more central…money talks…..if they were to increase it to the 200 club would I have to move again?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, old codger said:

Thanks LaticMark.  

Old people: Young people are entitled and want something for nothing.

Also Old people: I'm old gimme gimme gimme gimme

Grandpa Simpson

• Like 1