Season tickets early bird discount

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Think the point is the season ticket money is what they'll gauge to budget for the season. If nobody bought them or there was a drastic drop I'd imagine that would affect recruitment in the summer

Exactly!

5 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Come on mate, season ticket sales are paramount when establishing a playing budget, which itself will have parameters dependent on how the season is panning out.

I doubt the owners have a fixed subsidy in mind and wouldn't be surprised if they actually pushed that boat out further in the event of higher than expected sales..

Season ticket sales provide income to the club over the Summer. Why was the closing date set for just after the last game of season? How can they set a budget when they don’t know which contracted players they can move on? 

But much more that- 

The season ticket sales last season generated circa 1.1 million. 

That’s 21.5k a week. 

We know Nors and Nutall are on very good money- let’s 8-10k a week. 

How are we paying the other 28 members of the squad if the season ticket sales were paramount to setting a budget? 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Season ticket sales provide income to the club over the Summer. Why was the closing date set for just after the last game of season? How can they set a budget when they don’t know which contracted players they can move on? 

But much more that- 

That’s 21.5k a week. 

How are we paying the other 28 members of the squad if the season ticket sales were paramount to setting a budget? 

It gives an idea of revenue. Fucking hell.  Not rocket science. 

If you know how many people minimum are likely to be coming through the gates you can estimate other income as well like food, programmes etc etc.

Why don't you email DR or the club and ask. Might cover the gap in common sense you have

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

But much more that- 

That’s 21.5k a week. 

I guarantee you season ticket sales last summer generated nowhere near £1.1M. Probably wasn't even half that.

Nobody is suggesting season ticket sales are the budget, but they are by far and away the most solid aspect of the forecast. Particularly given the apparent expiry of Football League payments next season (which will also very likely see ST money constitute a bigger percentage of revenue)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Sounds like the Foundation wasn't consulted.

Makes you wonder what is being discussed in the meetings with Royle...

Maybe you should offer to get involved and volunteer to help the Foundation, attend meetings, etc.

Then again, you wouldn’t be able to snipe from the sidelines, would you?

• Like 1

We'll be buying 2 for sure. We need to help as much as possible to get out of this league.

I think that if you can't afford it then fine nobody will criticise you for that but just say that rather than trying to find fault with the owners and the running of the club. The club need as much income as possible.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Braver he/she/they than me if you commit to that.

Eyresy I don't mind your antagonistic posts, but how many games have you attended in the last 2 seasons and when did you last get a ST (I'm well aware it's down to the individuals own choice).

35 minutes ago, JED said:

The point being we all like to comment on the strength or otherwise of the squad and expect the owners to continue to cough up. If I was Frank I would be seeing season ticket sales as one of the indicators of the strength of support and MAY influence the budget, and we therefore should be willing to contribute ourselves where possible - accepting that for various reasons a season ticket is not suitable for all supporters.

I don’t think anyone reasonable expects the owners to continue to cough up. Most of us, ST holders and POTD alike, are just grateful to have such a beneficial owner, long may it continue.

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Eyresy I don't mind your antagonistic posts, but how many games have you attended in the last 2 seasons and when did you last get a ST (I'm well aware it's down to the individuals own choice).

Haven't had one for at least 20 years.

7 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Maybe you should offer to get involved and volunteer to help the Foundation, attend meetings, etc.

Then again, you wouldn’t be able to snipe from the sidelines, would you?

Would love to but unfortunately time does not allow for it.

Not sure my participation would have led to the organisation being consulted in any case to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Nobody is suggesting season ticket sales are the budget,

They are mate. 

The conversation started with somebody saying- I hope those not buying a season ticket don’t moan about the playing budget. 

6 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

but they are by far and away the most solid aspect of the forecast.

Agreed. 

But the key word there is aspect. 

They’re an aspect to the overall budget/incomings but nowhere near the whole thing. 

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

They are mate. 

The conversation started with somebody saying- I hope those not buying a season ticket don’t moan about the playing budget. 

Agreed. 

But the key word there is aspect. 

They’re an aspect to the overall budget/incomings but nowhere near the whole thing. 

Fair enough, I don't think it's unreasonable though to dismiss budget criticism from fans unwilling to commit what amounts to six quid a week.

It's not just the income that's important here, ST sales indicate how busy BP is likely to be on match days and the associated income and expenditure. Plus they give a feel for the 'vibe' around the place and the better that is the easier meetings with prospective sponsors and signings become. In short, season ticket sales go a long way to dictating how big the club is - pay-on-the-dayers might be more lucrative but they come and go with the weather (often literally).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Fair enough, I don't think it's unreasonable though to dismiss budget criticism from fans unwilling to commit what amounts to six quid a week.

It’s never that simple.

People have their own circumstances, and if they can only make a few games they have as much right to comment as someone who goes every week. 

38 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

It's not just the income that's important here, ST sales indicate how busy BP is likely to be on match days and the associated income and expenditure. Plus they give a feel for the 'vibe' around the place and the better that is the easier meetings with prospective sponsors and signings become. In short, season ticket sales go a long way to dictating how big the club is - pay-on-the-dayers might be more lucrative but they come and go with the weather (often literally).

I mostly agree with this- especially the size of the fanbase/club, the vibe,  selling to sponsors. Where I’d disagree is associated expenditure- I think season ticket holders are just as likely to miss as POTD as their game cost is very cheap, loads of times this season the announced attendance is nowhere near the actual attendance- and that can only be season tickets giving it a miss- but still included in the gate. 

• Like 1

A good few factors contribute to what people spend, which everyone of us knows about. Necessity spending first. Then it's the amount of disposable income being the next biggest. A persons perceived wants/interests/leisure/time and the enjoyment gained from that activity being paid for.

Regarding ST's in particular then the level of disposable income available will be a big one. Matched with whether Latics and football in general being their go to interest/bag. Enjoyment/Entertainment is certainly up there as a main reason and that could purely be for the social side of it.

Then we have those with the disposable and the affiliation to the club who see it as helping out financially. I'd wager plenty of these have missed a good number of home games this season and the money wasted isn't a driver for them not renewing again next season. I've missed loads this season whether it be through work, family commitments or lethargy to the dross. I am certainly in this category these days.

The one thing and the biggest thing that increases sales is a winning, entertaining team. If the club shop is buzzing it means we are top of the league.

I hope for the Rothwell's sakes sales remain buoyant.

Edited by Lags
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Sounds like the Foundation wasn't consulted.

Makes you wonder what is being discussed in the meetings with Royle...

Like me unless you join the foundation you won’t find out what they discuss 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Edited by philwhite
Wrong name for the fan’s representatives

1 hour ago, Lags said:

A good few factors contribute to what people spend, which everyone of us knows about. Necessity spending first. Then it's the amount of disposable income being the next biggest. A persons perceived wants/interests/leisure/time and the enjoyment gained from that activity being paid for.

Regarding ST's in particular then the level of disposable income available will be a big one. Matched with whether Latics and football in general being their go to interest/bag. Enjoyment/Entertainment is certainly up there as a main reason and that could purely be for the social side of it.

Then we have those with the disposable and the affiliation to the club who see it as helping out financially. I'd wager plenty of these have missed a good number of home games this season and the money wasted isn't a driver for them not renewing again next season. I've missed loads this season whether it be through work, family commitments or lethargy to the dross. I am certainly in this category these days.

The one thing and the biggest thing that increases sales is a winning, entertaining team. If the club shop is buzzing it means we are top of the league.

I hope for the Rothwell's sakes sales remain buoyant.

Top post 👍

11 hours ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Would like to buy my seats again in JRS but its being removed for a vomitory!

must be due to our shocking home form!

Has anything else been disclosed? Is it a much needed cunning plan to access the fans bar from the stand?

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

Has anything else been disclosed? Is it a much needed cunning plan to access the fans bar from the stand?

It's a new escape route from the stand for when the game is shite

16 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't understand people complaining about the deadline. Season Tickets always go on sale in March. People have had almost a year to put money aside for it. It's almost as if it comes as a big shock to many when they release them...

It's probably more because it's still a big financial decision and people want time to consider it.   

Do you think people who have a limited disposable income have monthly standing orders to a savings account solely for Latics season tickets.... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

It's probably more because it's still a big financial decision and people want time to consider it.   

Do you think people who have a limited disposable income have monthly standing orders to a savings account solely for Latics season tickets.... 

They've had a year to consider it. Just like you've had a year to consider blocking me and still haven't done it. Strange man...