MATCH: Rochdale (H) 06/04/24

Just now, JoeP said:

Whistle goes.  2 seconds later their player has a shot.  No booking.

Terrible.

It’s hard to see how that is anything other than some sort of bias. You can’t explain it. As blatant example of that offence as you’ll see. 

We wouldn’t have scored if he’d added another 10 minutes but that stoppage for the corner flag was 3 mins long. Only 2 extra was added. 

Referee just awful. 

As for us, well that should seal it now. I didn’t think that looked like a side who’d given up or just hoofed it or wasn’t playing for their manager. I just thought it was a side who has serious squad issues when it comes to creating anything. If our better players are off form there is absolutely no one else to come in. 

Right back/wing back and at least 2 or 3 creative forward players are an absolute must for the summer. 

• Like 2

Big yawn

They can all get in the bin for me, fucking frauds. Blame who you want none of them are good enough and Darren Royle needs to take a long hard look at himself because he's currently overseeing a shitshow he's a big part of creating.

Disappointing end to the season going out having our bellies tickled but not surprising. 

• Like 3

Just now, stargazer said:

Eight (8) games without a win , February 27th the last win. This manager and the majority of these players still here in August .....what a depressing thought.

Agreed, there will be changes in the summer yes- but I struggle to see us turning it around under Mellon with a large group carried over from this season. I’m not going into the summer with any hope and that’s depressing. 

Get our noses in front and fail to take full advantage of it, then give as soft a goal as you could ever give away

A true shocker and last chance saloon passes us by, oh well

There's always next season 

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
Missing text

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

1 win in 11.

On the plus side - we’ve beaten last seasons points tally with 3 games to go- if that isn’t a sign of progress I don’t know what is. 

Only 5 defeats in 15 though so absolutely take the positives.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Right back/wing back and at least 2 or 3 creative forward players are an absolute must for the summer. 

Think we’re in for a nasty shock in the summer. Don’t think the players we all want will materialise- bloated contracted squad with too many on big wages, who are nowhere near the squad and difficult to shift. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Think we’re in for a nasty shock in the summer. Don’t think the players we all want will materialise- bloated contracted squad with too many on big wages, who are nowhere near the squad and difficult to shift. 

Nobody will want to play in a team set up like that, it's soul destroying. Great if you get results but awful when you get sussed out as this bunch have been.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That needs not to be the case if we want to move forwards. We’ll have to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Sheron on the bench watching McGahey must be fuming

How the hell does McGahay get a start every game.

What does he bring to the team ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Why would this be the case. We will go into next season with 15/17 players. Obviously we will be able to recruit. 

6 weeks ago it looked like we would finish fourth. I have just tuned in today to listen to the game only to find out it finished about an hour ago. That speaks volumes.

I don’t think I have ever felt this low about Latics and that’s saying something. Yes yes I get we are in a better place off the pitch but that’s not offering me a lot of comfort right now. This is an emotional response rather than necessary a rational one 

6 minutes ago, TJ1952 said:

It's mind boggling really but is probably a measure of where we are at, I'm hoping we've seen the end of some of these relegation experts.

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Why would this be the case. We will go into next season with 15/17 players. Obviously we will be able to recruit. 

Nuttal

Reid

Kurt

Shelton

Ward 

All signings made by Unsy and nowhere near the Starting 11- all contracted on good wages and difficult to shift. 

Contracted Players who have made little or no contribution. 

Hammond 

Conlon

Kitchen -post Christmas. 

Contracted Players who have at least done ok. 

Hudson. 
Hogan

Rags

Hobson

Sutton 

Lundy

Sheron

Garner 

Nors. 

So we have 8 players who might as well not be here, and of the other 9 who would get universal approval from us???? 

We are as far away as the shez squad when the owners came in and that’s an awful indictment. 

31 minutes ago, League one forever said:

1 win in 11.

On the plus side - we’ve beaten last seasons points tally with 3 games to go- if that isn’t a sign of progress I don’t know what is. 

#incrementalimprovement

That is a seriously depressing stat for the season.  "On the verge of the play-offs" for a lot of it, but in reality no better than last year's failure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Nuttal

Reid

Kurt

Shelton

Ward 

All signings made by Unsy and nowhere near the Starting 11- all contracted on good wages and difficult to shift. 

Contracted Players who have made little or no contribution. 

Hammond 

Conlon

Kitchen -post Christmas. 

Contracted Players who have at least done ok. 

Hudson. 
Hogan

Rags

Hobson

Sutton 

Lundy

Sheron

Garner 

Nors. 

So we have 8 players who might as well not be here, and of the other 9 who would get universal approval from us???? 

We are as far away as the shez squad when the owners came in and that’s an awful indictment. 

Lundy and sheron should be no where near the starting lineup 

21 minutes ago, TJ1952 said:

He brings something to the team and probably deserves to start. That’s the problem 

Gardner and Lundstram brilliant today. 

Probably one of Gardners best ever performances, ended by yet another injury… and def Lundstram’s best.  

Decent for large parts, but wasteful.

Odd subs. 

• Like 6