MATCH: Rochdale (H) 06/04/24

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

We are talking about Shelton here?😂

I did mean that we should have let him go out on loan even if just for a percentage of his wages, rather than keep him and pay 100%!

Saying that, I am a little puzzled as to why he's been totally frozen out. I can understand some of the other decisions... Reid - discipline, Nuttall and Willoughby - wanted different types of strikers. Shelton struggled but given midfield and rwb have been such massive problems I'm surprised he's not been considered at all. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I did mean that we should have let him go out on loan even if just for a percentage of his wages, rather than keep him and pay 100%!

Saying that, I am a little puzzled as to why he's been totally frozen out. I can understand some of the other decisions... Reid - discipline, Nuttall and Willoughby - wanted different types of strikers. Shelton struggled but given midfield and rwb have been such massive problems I'm surprised he's not been considered at all. 

He was doomed from the moment that OASIS Gold sponsored his kit.  The kiss of death for many years.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I thought he was our MotM in the away game v. Borehamwood. Admittedly a low bar but I always thought it was confidence with him and there was a NL player in there.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Because he’s been consistently crap in just about every game he’s played!!

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yep, we need 4 wins, we won’t get 4 wins. So it’s a bit meh now. 

Just want the season over, so we can start again. 

There is no reason why we can't win all 4.  The reaction in the 2nd half against Altrincham showed real character.

3 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

There is no reason why we can't win all 4.  The reaction in the 2nd half against Altrincham showed real character.

I agree with your second sentence, the team showed fight and passion albeit we didn’t create many clear cut chances. On your first sentence, again, of course we could win all 4 but how many times this season have we played well 2 games running, never mind 4?

22 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I agree with your second sentence, the team showed fight and passion albeit we didn’t create many clear cut chances. On your first sentence, again, of course we could win all 4 but how many times this season have we played well 2 games running, never mind 4?

We won 4 league games in a row under Mellon end of Dec/early Jan. Feels a long time ago now. 

Shelton played 90 mins v Fylde away and then only another 8 mins v Eastleigh at home a couple of weeks later under Mellon. I know Fylde away was bad but does seem strange he hasn't even given him another look given some of the players he has. Must be more to it. I had heard if Mellon didn't like the look of you that was it. Tollit had it at Tranmere and was first out of the door when he arrived here. Still think Tollit would have given us something.

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

. I know Fylde away was bad but does seem strange he hasn't even given him another look given some of the players he has. Must be more to it.

Strange!!!!😂😂 Have you not seen enough of that absolutely useless tw** yet!!

Not surprised if Lundstrum comes in for Conlon, think Conlon downed tools after his debut, he cruises through games despite claiming he'd give his all after joining, some players lack ability, he doesn't but his commitment is questionable. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not surprised if Lundstrum comes in for Conlon, think Conlon downed tools after his debut, he cruises through games despite claiming he'd give his all after joining, some players lack ability, he doesn't but his commitment is questionable. 

Wasn't even training so might be injured!

Storm Kathleen this weekend. 

I reckon we'll kick off, lay it back to Hudson who'll hoof it and it won't come down again...

0-0.

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Storm Kathleen this weekend. 

I reckon we'll kick off, lay it back to Hudson who'll hoof it and it won't come down again...

0-0.

Bet that will kill halifax's pitch cannot see that game being on come Wednesday.

Just listened to Mellons interview, he seems proper fed up. Panned the recruitment having to play players in wrong positions. Really needs to be asked about how recruitment has been done the last 18 months 

Thought Mellons interview is fair and not surprised he’s fed up. He really can’t be judged until we have a right back, wide players and a creative midfield player. 

We must be one of the most predictable teams in the league in terms of how we play. 

31 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Just listened to Mellons interview, he seems proper fed up. Panned the recruitment having to play players in wrong positions. Really needs to be asked about how recruitment has been done the last 18 months 

NM. Working now. Ignore

Edited by Gentleman

15 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Thought Mellons interview is fair and not surprised he’s fed up. He really can’t be judged until we have a right back, wide players and a creative midfield player. 

We must be one of the most predictable teams in the league in terms of how we play. 

He signed players in all of those positions...

1 minute ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

He seemed to admit that Sachdev was a mistake saying he’s a wing back really but thought he might do a job at right back -paraphrase.

Considering he’s a wing back, he takes no players on