MATCH: Oxford City (A) 13/04/24

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

649 tickets sold for Oxford City. There is now PotD so we should get to 650…😉

They've had three matches this season with smaller attendances than that 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

649 tickets sold for Oxford City. There is now PotD so we should get to 650…😉

And some people are content that we have improved our position on last season.

I believe some people don’t realise exactly where we are. We are a non league fucking football club 

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

And some people are content that we have improved our position on last season.

I believe some people don’t realise exactly where we are. We are a non league fucking football club 

Never has the phrase 'no shit, Sherlock' been so apposite.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Is anyone that bothered now. I mean our season is over barring the shouting. Anyone who's going just enjoy the day out.

Get to the summer and the rejig and let's start a fresh in August.

We lose tomorrow I’m being serious I will boo like I’ve never booed before 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I mean you can scream and shout as much as you like it won't change anything besides alot those players will be gone come August anyway.

Somethings aren't worth getting angry about.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I mean you can scream and shout as much as you like it won't change anything besides alot those players will be gone come August anyway.

Somethings aren't worth getting angry about.

Probably make him feel better!!😂😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Probably make him feel better!!😂😂

I mean sometimes it's good to get it out the system

But at the end of the day while the current playing staff need to take responsibility for the fall off in form in the last 2 months they are still human beings. They are peoples sons, and brothers some of them are Husbands and Dads to people. We forget that sometimes. It's not like they have intentionally gone out there and tried to lose. 

I'm sure they are honest they could have done more but I'm not going to hate these players it's wasted energy and I actually feel sorry for people who do. Their are bigger problems in the world.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

But at the end of the day while the current playing staff need to take responsibility for the fall off in form in the last 2 months they are still human beings. They are peoples sons, and brothers some of them are Husbands and Dads to people. We forget that sometimes. It's not like they have intentionally gone out there and tried to lose. 

I'm sure they are honest they could have done more but I'm not going to hate these players it's wasted energy and I actually feel sorry for people who do. There are bigger problems in the world.

I get what you are saying and course there are bigger problems, that goes without saying. 

But to me, as sad as it may seem, OAFC is one of the biggest things in my life and is my greatest passion. 

So them feeling they could and maybe should have done better, doesn't cut it for me. They should be going out to with every single game, giving their all every single second.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

No danger of that. Convincing win tomorrow with some positive football played. 

I've got 3 tickets. We've decided not to go. We'll win, but so we bloody should do against a team who have shipped as many goals as they have. Incidentally, read that after their relegation, they're likely to go to the National League North. Would have imagined they'd be in the South...

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm sure they are honest they could have done more but I'm not going to hate these players it's wasted energy and I actually feel sorry for people who do. Their are bigger problems in the world.

They deserve to be booed in these circumstances. If they can’t take it, they are in the wrong job. 

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Fucking hell let's all jack it in then and sit there in silence at home games in case we upset someones dad or husband, never read so much tosh in all my life, maybe you should go watch crown green bowls or similar.

I'm not for booing myself, I've normally fucked off by fulltime this season but I've every sympathy for someone whose paid out another hundred or two hundred quid to follow this shower around and have to suffer what's been served up, more than entitled to have an opinion for me despite what's going on in the rest of the world.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fucking hell let's all jack it in then and sit there in silence at home games in case we upset someones dad or husband, never read so much tosh in all my life, maybe you should go watch crown green bowls or similar.

I'm not for booing myself, I've normally fucked off by fulltime this season but I've every sympathy for someone whose paid out another hundred or two hundred quid to follow this shower around and have to suffer what's been served up, more than entitled to have an opinion for me despite what's going on in the rest of the world.

😂

You've really got some anger problems haven't you.

Nobody is holding a gun to anybodies head and saying you have to go to Oxford City tomorrow. So the idea that someone is spending £100-200 tomorrow half of which will be spent on booze and wants to throw their toys out the pram I don't sympathise that much. You are going out of choice.

I don't go to every home and away I don't want too plus I've got other commitments in my life. 

But I'm putting out there now a game of football between 2 teams in the 5th tier 1 has only won 1 in 11 and their season is over the other has already been relegated therefore their season is also over won't be greatest game of football the world has ever seen.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

But I'm putting out there now a game of football between 2 teams in the 5th tier 1 has only won 1 in 11 and their season is over the other has already been relegated therefore their season is also over won't be greatest game of football the world has ever seen.

Something to be real proud of that

Shitshow extraordinaire, what's the fooking point then?

Jackshit to play for then, a theme that's been playing out season after season

8 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Something to be real proud of that

Shitshow extraordinaire, what's the fooking point then?

Jackshit to play for then, a theme that's been playing out season after season

But that's not a reflection on the fans is it. See I kind of detach myself from My football clubs underachievement as I know it's not my fault or your fault or any other of the supporters fault. 

To be perfectly honest I just want this season to be done so we can press the reset button. Looking at the lack of activity on this thread alot of other people do too. I know we say that almost every year but I do feel that this year unlike most of the last 15 or so is one where we are in a position to put right what went on this season.

Edited by GlossopLatic

50 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

But that's not a reflection on the fans is it. See I kind of detach myself from My football clubs underachievement as I know it's not my fault or your fault or any other of the supporters fault. 

To be perfectly honest I just want this season to be done so we can press the reset button. Looking at the lack of activity on this thread alot of other people do too. I know we say that almost every year but I do feel that this year unlike most of the last 15 or so is one where we are in a position to put right what went on this season.

Say this every season. We need to stop making excuses and demand more. 

52 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Say this every season. We need to stop making excuses and demand more. 

I expect their to be some Frank and honest discussions in the boardroom between owners board and coaching staff about what's gone on this season why we haven't achieved atleast top 7,  and how they are going to put that right next year. They know full well the fans are disappointed and that we expect more. While details of those discussions should remain in-house it would be good if someone senior at the club fronted up and came out and said that we haven't been good enough this season we've learned a few lessons and we are going to out it right next season purely from a PR point of view. They might take some pelters for it but atleast the acknowledgement and a showing of willingness to put it right will atleast show the right intentions to get it right.

It's also fair to say we've done this debate to death now and most of the threads are going round in circles.

Edited by GlossopLatic

13 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I feel total silence and then walk out is better. Eerie silence shows the total deflation of the fans.

Being completely disappointed in them is better than anger, this only brings anger back at you. Sorry dad mode kicked in :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I just ask myself, why are we failing so badly, when everything that's been asked for has been delivered, bar what's happening when they cross that white line?

We could easily outstay our welcome for year's, if the past two are anything to go by.