MATCH: Oxford City (A) 13/04/24

18 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

But I'm putting out there now a game of football between 2 teams in the 5th tier 1 has only won 1 in 11 and their season is over the other has already been relegated therefore their season is also over won't be greatest game of football the world has ever seen.

I mean I'm no clairvoyant but it's not like this wasn't entirely predictable.

Roll on August and hopefully a very different looking team.

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Insipid. We have stolen a draw against a team of already relegated part timers. 

NLTV Oxford based commentator (82nd minute): “These Oldham players just don’t look very interested…. Not much effort”. That is damming! 

We have collapsed in slow motion this season. Abysmal form in the first and fourth 1/4’s of the season have killed us. 

2 wins from the last 13. Only the two teams that will be relegated have won fewer games in that time. 

Does Mellon deserve another year? Not for me. Looks clueless and spent. 

The decision makers (DR) need to look in the mirror too and do we trust them to make a decent move with the next appointment? 

You forgot to add that they said "especially Norwood" after that. Hence BP1960s post.

Edited by O.A.F.C.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Insipid. We have stolen a draw against a team of already relegated part timers. 

NLTV Oxford based commentator (82nd minute): “These Oldham players just don’t look very interested…. Not much effort”. That is damming! 

We have collapsed in slow motion this season. Abysmal form in the first and fourth 1/4’s of the season have killed us. 

2 wins from the last 13. Only the two teams that will be relegated have won fewer games in that time. 

Does Mellon deserve another year? Not for me. Looks clueless and spent. 

The decision makers (DR) need to look in the mirror too and do we trust them to make a decent move with the next appointment? 

I wanted Mellon to get longer than Unsworth did just because of his previous record, but he comes across as completely fed-up in interviews and the players don't seem to be playing for him.  How can the players not be up for winning just these three games to get us back into the play-off mix, after a season of mediocrity?  Have some professional pride.

I think Mellon might be an issue, but I'm certain the players are.  Don't offer a single new contract and try and shift on anyone else we can and rebuild from scratch.

• Like 6

Just now, O.A.F.C. said:

You forgot to add that they said especially Norwood after that. Hence BP1960s post.

He was saying it about all the players multiple times throughout the match. Him singling out Norwood was bizarre given he ran more than most and at least took a few shots. 

• Like 2

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

I mean I'm no clairvoyant but it's not like this wasn't entirely predictable.

Roll on August and hopefully a very different looking team.

Not just a different team, different tactics, motivation and I wouldn't be arsed if it was a different manager. What's happened since Kidderminster at home and since Norwood returned to the team?

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

Not just a different team, different tactics, motivation and I wouldn't be arsed if it was a different manager. What's happened since Kidderminster at home and since Norwood returned to the team?

Reid??

If these players aren't bothered or playing for him now, what's going to change over the summer?  He's not going to be able to replace the whole squad or many of the first 11, bringing in additions or, "his own players', will still have to play with those we have, who clearly downed tools!

Today was a game we had to win, didn't look interested at all.  No urgency, no pressure, not enough shots at goal etc etc...fallen apart so drastically bad.

Todays performance has me turned on Mellon, he can't get a tune out of what we have in such an important game (baring in mind the last 4 or 5 have been the same) against a team who are rubbish, the league doesn't lie, is very alarming.

Honestly thought today would be a game that we could of scored 2 or 3 at least, based on nothing other than Oxford were down with nothing to play for and we still had a play off chance.  Very disappointing.  Go and attack and at least try to win.

Edited by deckyd
  • Like 2

Just now, diggleblue said:

Reid??

Are you saying the Reid incident could be the catalyst or not having Reid playing? On the outside, it appears as if Mellon has lost the players, if so, nothing much is going to change.

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He was saying it about all the players multiple times throughout the match. Him singling out Norwood was bizarre given he ran more than most and at least took a few shots. 

The commentator still said it. It was him singling him out not BP

23 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

Although I don't particularly rate us I thought we would trounce these today. They have conceded 90 goals so far this season (!) and should be like lambs to the slaughter really. We might just sneak one yet but if we don't... it's a very poor result indeed. 

I thought we'd at least score a goal against the bottom of the table side who've conceded 90 goals so far this season!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Are you saying the Reid incident could be the catalyst or not having Reid playing? On the outside, it appears as if Mellon has lost the players, if so, nothing much is going to change.

It happened at Christmas 

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

I thought we'd at least score a goal against the bottom of the table side who've conceded 90 goals so far this season!!

Players have to be interested to score goals. It's plain from the comments this team has been disinterested for a long time. On all outward appearances, Mellon has fucked it up somehow and how he puts it right is beyond me.

I was miffed a few weeks ago when Melon was asked what he needed to do to get them playing with more urgency and consistency.....

He said:

"I don't know"

Which got me worried;  of all things, why would you say that?

He needs to be looked in the eye and asked if he has any real ideas now and if not given the Irishman's farewell.

If he does have a plan, give him till Christmas and we shall see.

What happened to 1 year rolling contracts?  We can't keep paying the buggers off.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

It happened at Christmas 

It did but don't you think the marked downturn began with the Kidderminster defeat and Norwood returning to the team when the Garner/Fondop partnership was working quite well?

9 minutes ago, Wardie said:

9 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Both ,but clearly there's been an upset.

But we could still reach the playoffs!!( said before Aldershot result)

I

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It did but don't you think the marked downturn began with the Kidderminster defeat and Norwood returning to the team when the Garner/Fondop partnership was working quite well?

Yep, maybe - but can't see a Reid connection?  That's a whole season for me without seeing a win

These players are a disgrace. I despise them to a man. They have everything they want.

I knew they would let us down. Never trusted them as a group. They believe they are better than they are. No passion or urgency in anything they do. 

i am so angry. 

• Like 3

Just now, diggleblue said:

Both ,but clearly there's been an upset.

But we could still reach the playoffs!!( said before Aldershot result)

I

If they had won today, I would be optimistic that a freak set of results could have seen in us in it. The pathetic piss-weak performance today not only puts that to bed but it's nothing less than they deserve.

It's not what we, the fans, deserve.

• Like 1

Fuck Mellon off tonight. Give a young hungry manager the gig. Would promote Murray and his staff. It’s a shame we can’t cancel all the players contracts, I don’t want to see any of them play for us again