MATCH: Oxford City (A) 13/04/24

Our home form has been a mystery all season. Barely played well in any one match.

But equally frustrating is the downturn in away form. That looked like being the difference maker under Mellon. We looked like we had that sussed and have been dangerous away for a large part of the season. It does seem to coincide with Norwood returning but then he was part of many good away wins prior to his injury.

Really frustrating last quarter of the season.

17 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Fucking hell let's all jack it in then and sit there in silence at home games in case we upset someones dad or husband, never read so much tosh in all my life, maybe you should go watch crown green bowls or similar.

I'm not for booing myself, I've normally fucked off by fulltime this season ....

I find myself in agreement. Football SHOULD arouse passion amongst the fans. If not, you end up with the "prawn sandwich" brigade that Mr Keane referred to. I have noticed since attending BP again that there is a larger % of "sterile" fans than there used to be. I was berated at a game for screaming at the ref. I didn't use abusive language but he'd got something blatantly wrong. I was told that he was "only trying to make a living" by a sandwich eater behind me.  

• Like 1

FFS it's 0-0 and we are playing bottom of the league....who are already relegated.....who have only 32 points....who have a -37 GD....who have won 2/17 since Xmas....and who have conceded 40 goals in these 17 games.

What the fuck are the management team doing with these wasters in training!!

More pressure on Mellon if the score stays like this.....or gets worse. Not doing himself any favours at all at the moment and he seems like he's about as bothered as the players are based on recent pre and post match pressers🤡

• Like 3

What an embarrassment this team has become, careful though they are all husbands and fathers. They gave up weeks ago and this performance just reaffirms that.

Mellon and anyone out of contract can go for me because regardless of what backing he gets the mindset is all wrong and that starts at the top. They are actually worse than under Unsworth. 

• Like 1

If we don't win this.  It will be the spark that ignites the explosion, that will reveal the rift in the  relationship between the manager and the players.

Edited by 100milesaway

2 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

If we don't win this.  It will be the spark that ignites the explosion, that will reveal the rift in the  relationship between the manager and the players.

I bet it won't be

Although I don't particularly rate us I thought we would trounce these today. They have conceded 90 goals so far this season (!) and should be like lambs to the slaughter really. We might just sneak one yet but if we don't... it's a very poor result indeed. 

Frank and the long suffering fans deserve so much more. No  wins since Feb , very few goals , even fewer at the end of matches.  Will they have the cheek to try an end of season lap of honour next week ?

2 minutes ago, stargazer said:

Frank and the long suffering fans deserve so much more. No  wins since Feb , very few goals , even fewer at the end of matches.  Will they have the cheek to try an end of season lap of honour next week ?

Just fuck off Oldham, lowest crowd of the season nailed on. I won’t be there to watch this shower of frauds

Insipid. We have stolen a draw against a team of already relegated part timers. 

NLTV Oxford based commentator (82nd minute): “These Oldham players just don’t look very interested…. Not much effort”. That is damming! 

We have collapsed in slow motion this season. Abysmal form in the first and fourth 1/4’s of the season have killed us. 

2 wins from the last 13. Only the two teams that will be relegated have won fewer games in that time. 

Does Mellon deserve another year? Not for me. Looks clueless and spent. 

The decision makers (DR) need to look in the mirror too and do we trust them to make a decent move with the next appointment? 

• Like 2