MATCH: Oxford City (A) 13/04/24

If the players have turned on Mellon then get rid of the lot of em , they are not a team and are not willing to put in a shift for each other, the manager or the fans .In that situation they can all f*#k off .

21 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Not just a different team, different tactics, motivation and I wouldn't be arsed if it was a different manager. What's happened since Kidderminster at home and since Norwood returned to the team?

Trace it all back to Boreham Wood where he publicly told everyone they thought they were shit.

• Like 1

Just now, Yorkyp65 said:

If the players have turned on Mellon then get rid of the lot of em , they are not a team and are not willing to put in a shift for each other, the manager or the fans .In that situation they can all f*#k off .

It's impossible to do that but, the most annoyingly galling, infuriating and the biggest slap in the face is the players not giving a fuck about the fans. 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Trace it all back to Boreham Wood where he publicly told everyone they thought they were shit.

Aye, that really didn't help!
It's looking like a series of self-inflicted disasters.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He said that after the game we won?

18 minutes ago, Hurtman said:

Fuck Mellon off tonight. Give a young hungry manager the gig. Would promote Murray and his staff. It’s a shame we can’t cancel all the players contracts, I don’t want to see any of them play for us again

Your putting forward a man who thinks McGahey is the answer 🤣🤣🤣

26 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Not just a different team, different tactics, motivation and I wouldn't be arsed if it was a different manager. What's happened since Kidderminster at home and since Norwood returned to the team?

My problem with sacking the manager apart from the fact that we've got to get away from this cycle of churning through managers every 6-12 months. Is that it would be letting the players who've shit the bed the last 2 months off the hook.

As I've said above I'm not going to abuse them. I'll leave the frothing at the mouth to other people now. But for some of them now their careers in full time professional football could and should well be coming to an end.

It's a big summer ahead of us alot of important decisions need to be made. But despite the last 2 months I'm actually optimistic we'll start next season in a better place.

• Like 3

This fool put £20 on these losers today.

Something is rotten at the club because that today is totally unforgivable,unacceptable and sorry to say,pathetic against a poor team already relegated.

I don't know what the answer is anymore,we've had more managers than soft mick and nothing seems to work for us.

38 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Are you saying the Reid incident could be the catalyst or not having Reid playing? On the outside, it appears as if Mellon has lost the players, if so, nothing much is going to change.

Reid publicly chucked his toys out of the pram at having been asked to train on Christmas Day, the poor lamb. We then won 4 league games in a row starting on Boxing Day. Norwood played in every game and scored 4 goals. The downturn in form would appear to have sod all to do with Reid being (rightly) banished.

• Like 1

And in that one game he made the difference. It was then over to Mellon to make his own choices. Murray v Mellon is a no brainer. I would still look elsewhere, but it would be a young up and coming rather than a useless Scottish prick with another dinosaur assistant

49 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He was saying it about all the players multiple times throughout the match. Him singling out Norwood was bizarre given he ran more than most and at least took a few shots. 

He's half hearted, runs in fits and starts and easily dispossessed - same with Dallas, and that's the front two Mellon selected.

It's no wonder goals have been scarce. Even Tollitt, Willoughby or Reid would have put in more effort than them and probably have scored more.

Edited by BP1960

24 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

A game we won, and followed up by winning at Maidenhead. You really are a genius, aren't you?

The problem is the players for me, the “good” players are massively underperforming and the others just aren’t good enough. The mindset is pathetic for me, it’s weak and embarrassing. The drive to win and keep winning just isn’t in this lots remit. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's impossible to do that but, the most annoyingly galling, infuriating and the biggest slap in the face is the players not giving a fuck about the fans. 

I know. I really want there to be a good relationship between the players and the fans. We should be a great club to play for given the support & the passion. The attitude & body language from most of the players towards the supporters is really poor.

Surely they can understand the frustrations. We’ve just blown a chance of reaching the play-offs, we as Oldham fans haven’t been in the play-offs for nearly 20 years. As players, they will have achieved success elsewhere in recent years but surely they can’t be ignorant to the fact that Oldham fans have had no success and are desperate for it. That should make them try harder and show empathy, not tell us to fuck off.

The Hudson reaction towards Bradley Knowles is a disgrace.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, petera1 said:

What is galling is with Halifax losing and Aldershot currently losing 2-0 if we had won would have had outside chance 

These pricks are on too good a thing to want to get out off this league. Like turkeys for voting for Christmas 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I know. I really want there to be a good relationship between the players and the fans. We should be a great club to play for given the support & the passion. The attitude & body language from most of the players towards the supporters is really poor.

Surely they can understand the frustrations. We’ve just blown a chance of reaching the play-offs, we as Oldham fans haven’t been in the play-offs for nearly 20 years. As players, they will have achieved success elsewhere in recent years but surely they can’t be ignorant to the fact that Oldham fans have had no success and are desperate for it. That should make them try harder and show empathy, not tell us to fuck off.

The Hudson reaction towards Bradley Knowles is a disgrace.

Basically we have a plethora of lazy players and a manager who can't motivate them.

A double disaster whammy.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Novelty moment - saying to Hudson win this we are two off the play offs. Let’s play with urgency. He turns around and goes shut the fuck up. 

I think that says all you need to know about the dressing room atmosphere. Not looking at the perspective of the fan, just looking inward and creating an us against them divide. He could have ignored you or applauded (disingenuously), but he chose to engage in a confrontational way...

We're Oldham Athletic. We've not won a cup or promotion for 33 years. Unfortunately you have to be strong enough to carry that burden when you sign for/ buy the club. There needs to be some understanding of that there. 

Just on the subject of James Norwood his best form and the period where we put in our best results has come when he has played upfront firstly with Stones but also Fondop 2 physically strong forwards but who will also run in behind and in the channels. Andrew Dallas has pedigree but I don't think him and Norwood work together as a combination. If Kitching is more a left back then get a left mid or left winger who can play infront of him is required and someone who will compliment him. If Nathan Sheron is going to be in the team as a ball winner then he needs people who he can give the ball too.

We need to make sure we sign players who will compliment each other and can link the team together properly. We look like jigsaw pieces from about 6 different jigsaws it's not fitting together.

Edited by GlossopLatic