MATCH: Wealdstone (H) 20/04/24

Had forgotten that Wealdstone were the "Brazil" team with that Allarakhia winger. Always finds half a yard.

Nice for Fondop to have bagged in what you'd imagine may be his last game. 

Crowd low and flat so far

1 minute ago, True Tic said:

He’s not the messiah but I do wonder if we could have brought him on over the last few games what might have happened .

He was taking the piss, he’s scored 10 goals this season and contributed far far more than a lot of them - but will get released . . 

3 minutes ago, True Tic said:

He’s not the messiah but I do wonder if we could have brought him on over the last few games what might have happened .

He's better than a lot of people give him credit for - he gets ridicule because he hasn't had the relatively impressive career that that other fella has had.

Scores when we were crap last season.  Scores when we've been crap this season.  Offers something different - something that's probably more suitable for this level than the other strikers do.

He stays for next season, for me..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He was taking the piss, he’s scored 10 goals this season and contributed far far more than a lot of them - but will get released . . 

I don't think he's taken a pen?   If that's the case he's got two fewer in open play than Norwood.  How does that work pout in goals per minute on the pitch?

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He's better than a lot of people give him credit for - he gets ridicule because he hasn't had the relatively impressive career that that other fella has had.

Scores when we were crap last season.  Scores when we've been crap this season.  Offers something different - something that's probably more suitable for this level than the other strikers do.

He stays for next season, for me..

Exactly what I’ve always said, always rated him over Nuttall, stronger, better attitude . 
definitely stays next season but we do need a big forward in addition in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I don't think he's taken a pen?   If that's the case he's got two fewer in open play than Norwood.  How does that work pout in goals per minute on the pitch?

From the BBC website- League only. 

This doesn’t include today. 

Nors  17 in 40 games MPG 184

Mikey 7 in 31 games MPG 210

After today that will come down for Mikey. 

Actually we have been passed to death but they have no cutting edge.

Only Green and Fondop are any threat. We may win this but the performance again has been awful.

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

From the BBC website- League only. 

This doesn’t include today. 

Nors  17 in 40 games MPG 184

Mikey 7 in 31 games MPG 210

After today that will come down for Mikey. 

And regardless of the whether penalties count I'd always say that goals in open play is a very valid comparison.  Very similar records and service can't be blamed

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

And regardless of the whether penalties count I'd always say that goals in open play is a very valid comparison.  Very similar records and service can't be blamed

I’d slightly disagree on the service point Dave, Mikey creates stuff on his own with his physique and battering ram style. Nors isn’t that player and plays on the shoulder more, he is looking for the little through balls, and needs service more than Mikey. 

But, overall - yeah very similar records in MPG. 

Edited by League one forever