Transfer Rumours 24/25

We ‘got our business done early’ last summer. That went well.

no interest in getting our business done early for the sake of it. I have no reason to believe it makes one jot of difference at this level 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

no interest in getting our business done early for the sake of it. I have no reason to believe it makes one jot of difference at this level 

I imagine with the way Mellon plays he'll want most of it done for the first day of training so that nobody is lagging behind. I thought we did our business a bit later than some last season, Norwood in particular just turned up towards the end of pre season. Like you say though it shouldn't matter a great deal and it's far more important we get the right players in this time around. 

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I imagine with the way Mellon plays he'll want most of it done for the first day of training so that nobody is lagging behind. I thought we did our business a bit later than some last season, Norwood in particular just turned up towards the end of pre season. Like you say though it shouldn't matter a great deal and it's far more important we get the right players in this time around. 

Optimising the ins relies on securing the outs. That means late business I suspect 

21 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

you have no reason to believe that leaving the signing of players until the last minute, when all the best ones have gone elsewhere, makes 'one jot of difference'??

hmmm...

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

you have no reason to believe that leaving the signing of players until the last minute, when all the best ones have gone elsewhere, makes 'one jot of difference'??

hmmm...

There is virtually an unlimited supply of players good enough to get us out of this league. Supply and competition for securing that supply is really not a problem.

at the top of the EPL yes. In non league football, no 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I’d 1000% have him in. Total pain in the arse last season, him.

His record is hardly exciting, I’d rather keep Mike. We have garner to be a pain in the arse

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

His record is hardly exciting, I’d rather keep Mike. We have garner to be a pain in the arse

With big centre forwards its not all about goal scoring, they can be very valuable in creating chances for others like Norwood to put away.

On 5/20/2024 at 11:38 AM, AndyB2 said:

There is virtually an unlimited supply of players good enough to get us out of this league. Supply and competition for securing that supply is really not a problem.

at the top of the EPL yes. In non league football, no 

l suppose you are entitled to your strange opinion

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Central midfielder 4 goals in over 230 club appearances, should fit like a glove.

DM. Anything is an upgrade on Sheron who cant control a game. 

33 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They want Jack Hunter of Halifax fame...

Thought he did well against us. A no nonsense defensive midfielder, protects the back four, keeps things ticking over, allows others freedom to get forward.

I'm not bothered by big names or reputations if they can come in and do a job

On 5/20/2024 at 7:48 PM, BP1960 said:

With big centre forwards its not all about goal scoring, they can be very valuable in creating chances for others like Norwood to put away.

Ah that's where I've been going wrong all along. There was me thinking big centre forwards were supposed to score goals....🫣

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Ah that's where I've been going wrong all along. There was me thinking big centre forwards were supposed to score goals....🫣

It's a team game.

Something we aren't at the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

Jack Hunter under contract next season so we’d have to pay for him. 

Can’t say I know much about him

Out of contract