Mentioned in passing on another thread and got a bit of interest so thought worth isolating.

Logically would probably need to be on a Friday before a home game and in the Oldham area.

If you are interested pop your name on here with your handicap (largely because that helps to identify a suitable venue rather than because it would be over serious).

I'd be in and I'm off 8.6 (but expecting to go up next week..!)

• Like 1

Live in Worcester but can travel up for a game and an overnight stay, handicap 19.4 my only request is I would need the use of a buggy as I'm disabled. Lofty 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Stand Golf Club

I once saw an exhibition match there between Nick Faldo and Tony Jacklin.  I think it was the club's 75th anniversary, so 1979 which would make sense on my own timeline.

Maybe you could host?

Edited by Dave_Og

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I once saw an exhibition match there between Nick Faldo and Tony Jacklin.  I think it was the club's 75th anniversary, so 1979 which would make sense on my own timeline.

That's correct.

• Matt featured this topic
3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Mentioned in passing on another thread and got a bit of interest so thought worth isolating.

Logically would probably need to be on a Friday before a home game and in the Oldham area.

If you are interested pop your name on here with your handicap (largely because that helps to identify a suitable venue rather than because it would be over serious).

I'd be in and I'm off 8.6 (but expecting to go up next week..!)

8.6!!! You’ve obviously too much spare time..😂

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I'll be scouting you all for potential Ryder Cup places.

@PeteG and @Dave_Og have already caught my eye.😉

I really don't understand why you're perfectly happy to tag me in a jokey way, which is fine, but completely unwilling to answer very civil questions about your scouting activity.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I really don't understand why you're perfectly happy to tag me in a jokey way, which is fine, but completely unwilling to answer very civil questions about your scouting activity.

I think I'm too open about the scouting activities and criticism of management, which can lead to me being oversensitive.

I like your other posts such as financial aspects and golf, neither of which I know much about. I just thought you were being too personal and a bit intrusive.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

I will be happy playing. Not worked out handicap first proper 18 holes at Carden park Chester soon.

Also have a team entered at Saddleworth golf club for the Mahdlo day. I have a few spaces so if you are busy owner let me know. 

On 5/16/2024 at 10:14 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

Lolz are we still supposed to believe this is Pete G and not golf pro Mike Halliwell...?

Lol indeed - Golf pros don't have a handicap Paddy.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I think I'm too open about the scouting activities and criticism of management, which can lead to me being oversensitive.

I like your other posts such as financial aspects and golf, neither of which I know much about. I just thought you were being too personal and a bit intrusive.

All I asked was where had you seen someone play