Last one to post wins

singe

Annoying things. Well, circumstances (the weather, bad luck, health, even rubbish sports results) are part of life's rich tapestry and I enjoy or endure them as they come along. It takes human action for something to really annoy me. So, annoying People Things:

Inability to walk on a pavement/in a shop etc without getting in the Fliping way. There are unspoken rules, you thick twats. Learn and obey them.

Spitting on the pavement. Filthy Bleeders. Would you spit on your living room carpet? Probably yes, but then I don't need to step on your carpet you scruffy twats.

Self centredness - people who do as they please and expect others to accept it and accomodate them. Professionally or personally, they need to be shot. Some of them are personally greedy or so obsessed with themselves and their own little worlds that they aren't even aware that that's what they are like. Sadly too many people take their rubbish and even admire them for it rather than telling them to Flip off for the twats that they are.

Ignorance of round buying rules - just because you bought me a pint, doesn't necessarily mean I have to buy you a pint, student-style toilet brush.

Deceitfulness - now we all tell the odd fib once in a while, but if you feel the need to lie/deceive a lot, and about fundamental things, this is your minds way of telling you that you need to change the things you are lying about. Either face up to the fact you are a toilet brush and be honest about it, or stop being a toilet brush.

Whinging - bad times deserve sympathy, but just in the first instance, can't people maybe just try a stiff upper lip? It's especially annoying in work, when people look for a reason why something won't work and make excuses instead of just Fliping doing it. Low expectation twats.

So, in this snapshot of my mind, it's twats that make me angry.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow many of the things that nark me mentioned, call centre customer service and stuff from behind the wheel being my main gripes.

Can I just add one road offence. Still going through lights when they have turned red, which includes blocking the junction cos of doing said activity. One, t'other or both happen every day at the Sportsmans junction with Broadway. Whilst further up Broadway if you are waiting to turn right to Chadderton why is it that when the green light comes on twats from Middleton Road continue to turn left and right onto Broadway, blocking "my turn" taking no notice what so ever of the Fliping red lights, including yesterday a Fliping police, without blue lights, the tosser.

Btw did we ever mention comics of our youth before, like The Victor, with Alf Tupper - The Tough Of The Track?

DW glad everythings working its way around for you, well it reads like tis anyhow. Strange that with the Belgian, never had to chuck a wobbly at a Belgian, for years we used to deal with a couple of companies over there, always well ordered, very polite and always did what they said they would, most efficiently. Now Americans ggggrrrrrrrrr. To be honest its very rare I chuck a wobbly with people I work with, its pointless, better to go with the flow as they say. The advantage of this is that when the time comes for the hard word, with for example a supplier, they are so shocked that they jump to find a resolution pdq :argue: :furious3: :whip:

Oh and annoying things --- Denis FlipING Wise, did you see the little turd on the "Championship" last weekend, ohhhhhhhh he Fliping annoys me the little talentless toilet brush, him and Bates deserve each other. He should have stuck to advertising Quality Street toffees the little c u next tuesday

Edited by StipeTripe

Guest gillianfn

Good boys and girls. A few fine rants there! Some amusing bits too - people who smell remotely of pish should not drive a car..... and I don't think anyone has heard me swear before...... rank high in my view!

I actually get so angry sometimes it leaves me breathless - can't be good for my health can it? I thought HRT would calm me down a bit, but no, I now have more energy than ever, which means I can rant louder and longer than ever before!

The main things that are likely to incur my wrath are:-

Bad driving - not just bad but dangerous. I have been known to chase vehicles down the road before today and get out to bollock the said offender. I have lost count of the times I have taken numbers from the sides of wagons and called their depot to make my feelings known.

People who can't look after their children properly. It isn't that difficult, if anything it is fun bringing up kids. Yes it is a worry, and yes it is a massive responsibility and one not to be taken lightly, but the rewards are endless. If I can do it and get it right, anyone can and if they can't, dont have any.

Sales people who call me at work;- "Hi Gillian, how are you?" Is the line guaranteed to have me riled within seconds. I often answer "Extremely busy and why are you asking, you don't even know me" Dead funny. Some of them manage to carry on with their sales rubbish, others stumble and don't know how to deal with me.

People in supermarkets who see you with 3 items and don't think to let you go before them, given their trolley full of happy shopper soup and 27 packets of right rubbish cornflakes etc. Yeah, yeah, what am I doing in a supermarket for 3 things that I maybe could have got in the corner shop, but even so, I would always invite someone to go in front of me.

Political correctness - gone too far - I hate having to think before I open my big fat gob.

Smokers - twats and it will serve them all right when their legs and arms and heads get amputated.

Dodgy landlords - I refer to the tossers who buy houses in student areas, charge the earth to students and then at the end of the year withhold the deposit for "redecoration" and if I get my hands on the guy that did that to my girl, I will not think twice about smacking him one. On his say so, she hand painted tiny chinese symboly things on her wall last year - the cheeky Fliper held back £140 to redecorate! Flip me, it was a 12 ft square room - who was decorating it? Some famous style guru? If it costs £120 to repaint over a bit of :censored:ty old anaglypta, I'm in the wrong Fliping game.

Compensation addicts - yes I know I work for a law firm, but I lose my Fliping patience with people who want to run to litigation at the drop of a hat. Some stupid steward of the bars asked recently if he could make a claim following a pin prick from a staple in a magazine. Cock.

That is it for the moment. But I am sure by lunchtime there will be a few more.

Ignorance of round buying rules - just because you bought me a pint, doesn't necessarily mean I have to buy you a pint, student-style :censored:.

You've hit on another of mine there, LL. People who will do anything to avoid buying the first round, in order to ensure that they don't end up buying one more than everyone else. In fact, it invariably seems to be me who ends up in that position.

Guest gillianfn

Oh and one more thing that I suppose shouldn't rile me, but nevertheless it does, is people who when they find out the ages of my children, look at me quizzically and ask if I was a child bride - did I have a shot gun wedding etc. Rude if you ask me.

You've hit on another of mine there, LL. People who will do anything to avoid buying the first round, in order to ensure that they don't end up buying one more than everyone else. In fact, it invariably seems to be me who ends up in that position.

Ah nice one Stevie_J, mine's a Fosters...

:laught16::drinking45:

Gillian, my Sister and Brother in Law are student landlords, but very nice ones, in fact too nice at times, I know maintenance is their remit, but going changing light bulbs is a bit too much, especially when they provided spare bulbs and left them in the digs.

Guest gillianfn
Gillian, my Sister and Brother in Law are student landlords, but very nice ones, in fact too nice at times, I know maintenance is their remit, but going changing light bulbs is a bit too much, especially when they provided spare bulbs and left them in the digs.

That's fair enough, my girl wouldn't think to ring her landlord for that, she will tell you herself, she is like Matilda, she has been bringing herself up since she was 5! :shame:

Oh, and I was very drunk off this morning - late for a meeting, got the de-icer out, did the sides and back of the car. Then ran out just in time for starting to defrost the windscreen, so had to sit with the blowers on hot for 15 minutes to melt the ice before I could leave home.

Sorry mads but why didn't you start with the windscreen?

This has to be the clearest example of the difference between men and women yet. When I clear the ice off the car I slightly boil the kettle then clear the windscreen as this is the main thing I will be using to look out of.

Yes, I do look through the back and the sides but they are not the most important windows to clear, if you had cleared the windscreen then ran out of de-icer you could have opened the side windows to see out of them (granted you would have been a bit colder but you would have had visibilty) you could also have used the rear window heater to clear the rear window.

Guest oa_exile

lol :D , think you have spent to much time in Jockland , the land of people with "short arms and long pockets". :D

:drinking45: Cheers Stevie.......mines a a pint with a whisky chaser since your getting the first on in :drinking66:

Guest gillianfn

Told you there would be more by lunchtime didn't I? RILED! Let me just say this - how dare STA travel or whatever the hell they are called, purport to do "cheap" flights for students? I want to try and get my girl home next weekend for her Nan's birthday - their "cheap" flights start at £458 and go up to just short of £1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheap my Fliping arse.

Told you there would be more by lunchtime didn't I? RILED! Let me just say this - how dare STA travel or whatever the hell they are called, purport to do "cheap" flights for students? I want to try and get my girl home next weekend for her Nan's birthday - their "cheap" flights start at £458 and go up to just short of £1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheap my :censored:ing arse.

What days, times, airports, Gillian?

And OA_E, :lol: .

Guest gillianfn
What days, times, airports, Gillian?

And OA_E, :lol: .

I want to get her from Marseille on 2 Feb - to any airport in UK - don't mind - I'll drive and pick her up - got to leave after about 4pm ish - then back on 4th again from any airport in UK but has to be back for 6-7 ish pm, so she can get train back to Aix. Why? Are you a pilot? :)

I want to get her from Marseille on 2 Feb - to any airport in UK - don't mind - I'll drive and pick her up - got to leave after about 4pm ish - then back on 4th again from any airport in UK but has to be back for 6-7 ish pm, so she can get train back to Aix. Why? Are you a pilot? :)

No, I'm certainly not as glamourous as that.

But I found this on expedia if it's any help:

flight £262.40

16:00 Depart Marseille (MRS)

Arrive Manchester (MAN) 19:55 Fri 2-Feb

Duration: 4hr 55min

SN Brussels Airlines SN Brussels Airlines 3600 / 2181

Connect in Brussels (National)

15:50 Depart Manchester (MAN)

Arrive Marseille (MRS) 21:25 Sun 4-Feb

Duration: 4hr 35min

SN Brussels Airlines SN Brussels Airlines 2178 / 3603

Connect in Brussels (National)

And if you select to purchase the flight, the price drops to £244, for some reason.

Just noticed that the return leg gets back too late, so there's also this:

flight £344.20

17:20 Depart Marseille (MRS)

Arrive Manchester (MAN) 21:25 Fri 2-Feb

Duration: 5hr 5min

KLM KLM 1408 / 1097

Connect in Amsterdam (AMS)

11:25 Depart Manchester (MAN)

Arrive Marseille (MRS) 16:40 Sun 4-Feb

Duration: 4hr 15min

KLM KLM 1082 / 1407

Connect in Amsterdam (AMS)

The price for that one drops to £313.

Sorry mads but why didn't you start with the windscreen?

This has to be the clearest example of the difference between men and women yet. When I clear the ice off the car I slightly boil the kettle then clear the windscreen as this is the main thing I will be using to look out of.

Yes, I do look through the back and the sides but they are not the most important windows to clear, if you had cleared the windscreen then ran out of de-icer you could have opened the side windows to see out of them (granted you would have been a bit colder but you would have had visibilty) you could also have used the rear window heater to clear the rear window.

I don't know why I didn't start with the windscreen. I suppose I didn't factor in not having much left in my can of de-icer - that's why I was drunk off with myself. And I forgot all about boiling the kettle - I used to boil it, put it in a pan and take the pan to work with me (couldn't take the kettle, as I lived in a shred house). I think our winters have been quite mild for the last couple of yeasr, so i've just got out of practice with the whole defrosting thing (except freezers....which aslo involves pans of boiling water :D ).

Also, my rear windscreen heater has ceased working :angry: .

So thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur ;) .

Don't know if any of you long threaders are fans of "James" as in the band.

Tickets for the Arena went on sale today for 28/04 as good as a sell out ticketmaster have no tickets left.

If you missed it and were interested you can still just about pick em up at cost price via gigsandtours.com for £31 rather than brave the free for all that is e bay.

That's all,you can carry on now.

Guest gillianfn

Thanks for those flight details Stephen - I'd be loathe to pay that sort of money really - Ryanair can do it for less than £50 - just the timing is a bit out! (Kids, she could always sleep in the airport couldn't she? :lol: )

Don't know if any of you long threaders are fans of "James" as in the band.

Tickets for the Arena went on sale today for 28/04 as good as a sell out ticketmaster have no tickets left.

If you missed it and were interested you can still just about pick em up at cost price via gigsandtours.com for £31 rather than brave the free for all that is e bay.

That's all,you can carry on now.

First single I ever bought was 'Sit Down' by James (first album was 'Some Friendly' by the Charlatans, ooh new topic first single and album you bought) and I owned one of those t-shirts with Ja on the front, m on the left sleeve, e on the back and s on the right sleeve. I was a right cool kid :cool4:

Edited by JimiT

Guest gillianfn

Here is a very quick "topic" before I go shopping with my mum:-

Anyone had someone in their life who they either lost contact with, had a ruck with etc, and who came back at a much later stage? I have an email account which only me and my big girl use to mail each other, but clearly an old pal had it at some stage a few years ago. I checked it the other day to see if my girl had emailed me and there was a mail from a pal I haven't heard from in nearly 5 years. Briefly, he was a friend of a friend - from Belfast - only a baby and when he graduated he came to live in Barrow (poor little bugger) Being everyone's Auntie Gillian, I looked out for him, brought him up here a couple of times, made him part of my extended family and basically just mothered him.

When my dad died he didn't really understand the depth of my despair and gave me a bit of a bollocking because I hadn't spoken to him as much as I had prior to his death. I think the bollocking I gave back was a pretty bad one as I recall, because I never heard from him again, and to be fair, I was in such a state, I never thought to put it right and time went on.

Anyway, he contacted me out of the blue the other day, just to say hello, sorry etc, make peace - said he didn't think I'd reply but had to contact me - been very very ill - in and out of Christies etc. God, he must have took me for a right hard bitch if he thought I'd not get back in contact - I mailed him back immediately and we had a long chat last night. I often thought about him because he lived not far from my brother and whenever I'm up there I'd wonder how he was doing. Bless him. Bit deep for a Saturday afternoon, but over to you guys.