Last one to post wins

singe

That's just called 'being 21'.

Make the most of it while you still can.

:lol:

How old are we... that's exactly what I thought! At 21 my hangover cure was number one on my list followed by going back to the pub!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting ber-laddered? Isotonic? Improves the hydration effect? Try cold water, Doctor Nick.

Cold water isn't isotonic and i think Coke works due to its sugar and caffeine (but if you dilute it reduces the diuretic effects of caffeine)- well it works for me. Each to their own I suppose.

Edited by rudemedic

Cold water isn't isotonic

I know Doc. My point is that there is nothing better to rehydrate yourself after getting :censored:faced than ice cold water.

Rehydration with isotonics will give you no extra benefit after drinking heavily. For best effect use after training or competition.

I know Doc. My point is that there is nothing better to rehydrate yourself after getting :censored:faced than ice cold water.

Erm maybe, maybe not. I don't like it, but maybe that's because the water where I normally get drunk (in the NE) isn't as nice as the water down south. On the topic of hangovers, in theory Frosties (and I'm sure some other cereals too) would be good as they contain thiamine (and other B vitmains) which is used in alcoholic liver disease.

I still mourn my 21st birthday, I had it earmarked as the one I was going to drink my age, but I was ill without the need for any alsoholic help so couldn't. So I tried to do it on my 22nd, but the combination of the extra pint and a slight decline in my capabilities/training left me unable to finish the job. I met one of my best friends that evening, when apparently I slurred inanely at him in the gents about how I was trying to finish the last half of my pint but just couldn't. Unhappy days.

I still mourn my 21st birthday, I had it earmarked as the one I was going to drink my age, but I was ill without the need for any alsoholic help so couldn't. So I tried to do it on my 22nd, but the combination of the extra pint and a slight decline in my capabilities/training left me unable to finish the job. I met one of my best friends that evening, when apparently I slurred inanely at him in the gents about how I was trying to finish the last half of my pint but just couldn't. Unhappy days.

I was ill on my 18th so made up for it on my 21st :wink:

I was ill on my 18th so made up for it on my 21st :wink:

I had also been ill on my 18th, and with the prospect of having a job looming I knew the 22nd was my last realistic chance. I have to stop now, I can feel the tears welling up :disappointed: