Friendly vs Newcastle

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Forte another JCH - pace, power etc - but not the goals?

Was hoping for so much with some names banded about and becoming underwhelmed following the quality acquisitions earlier in pre-season.

Also do you reckon the new shirt will be on sale before start of season? Not unveiled tonight and appreciate they've shut the shop but no news or confirmed launch date even if it's July or August.

What names have been bandied about? I can't think of us being linked with any big names unless you count that ridiculous rumours site or dickheads on a twitter fishing trip.

Positive signs from pre season so far so I'm not too bothered about the lack of big name signings.

What names have been bandied about? I can't think of us being linked with any big names unless you count that ridiculous rumours site or dickheads on a twitter fishing trip.

Positive signs from pre season so far so I'm not too bothered about the lack of big name signings.

This. The only big names linked have been extremely dubious.

Briefly-

First half - didn't show much intention and full backs rarely got forward. We held our shape well but I think a higher press would be needed to force a few errors. Kelly, jones and Kasunga impressed for me first half.

Second half- Dieng looked best player on pitch. Gross impressed too as did Winchester. brown makes a huge difference though from full back with his forward runs off the ball - gives the opposition problems and this opened things up for us second half. Lera and Lockwood looked very tidy too.

Sheriff was second half trailist and I thought he did well... Not sure that's his position out on right though? Forte did ok first half but I'm not sure in him?

IMO Dayton looks about our 5th best midfielder behind Kelly, Dieng, jones , Winchester and arguable Mellor.