Paul Murray for Hartlepool ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already filling at least 3 roles at the club.

This.

I've had a really good chat with him before and he is a really nice guy. He is young but he certainly says all the right things.

We need to be careful not to put too much on him though. Not sure Lockwood is the man as he has stated he wants to play for another few years and I doubt he'll get that long at latics.

This.

I've had a really good chat with him before and he is a really nice guy. He is young but he certainly says all the right things.

We need to be careful not to put too much on him though. Not sure Lockwood is the man as he has stated he wants to play for another few years and I doubt he'll get that long at latics.

We could always hire another coach to take over some of his duties as he steps up, he obviously buys in to the LJ ethos.

Generally I am always pleased to see an opportunity that The Ginger One might fancy enough to get involved in BP.....

.....but I think that his arrival and accompanying media interest and focus would be disruptive when we have a growing sense of something good happening for the first time in years.

The quarterly report in the season thread highlights that this run started in the last quarter of last season and in essence we have managed to be competitive for half a seasons worth of games under LJ.

We could always hire another coach to take over some of his duties as he steps up, he obviously buys in to the LJ ethos.

This in my mind is why we are becoming a useful side that is entertaining to watch, from the outside it feels as though everyone at the club is "buying in". Now I know that a couple of bad results could mean the rumblings of discontent start to surface, but LJ seems to be learning what it takes to become a decent manager. Enjoy the ride, who knows?

He does but he's a very good goalkeeper coach with all his coaching experience and passion in that area of the game alongside sports science. He doesn't strike me as at all frustrated in not working with outfielders.

8 hours ago

Former Oldham defender Willie Donachie will be Paul Murray's assistant at Hartlepool. #oafc

LOL

Poor Willie. Over 350 games for Man City and a glorious Scottish player ..... but after that own goal he was disowned by everyone but Joe Royle

So it's now 'Former Oldham defender Willie Donachie' for the rest of his life

I feel sorry for the poor bastard :smoking:

Bring Back Cliff Byrne?

Yup. Good call.

All the best Muzza, I'd prefer it if someone with a bit of an affinity with the club took up role.. TP is the man

I agree. But I don't think he would want it. That said, I think his coaching of players like Tarkowski and Matt Smith in the period between Dickov's back room staff leaving and Lee Johnson arriving was instrumental in us staying up and is a contribution we should never forget.

Edited by opinions4u

Should read, 'the Oldham legend who assisted Joe Royle in the club's glory years. Willie was also a fantastic midfield player/occasional defender, providing stability, vision and a touch of class to the team. He once scored a goal that Joe Royle claimed bounced so many times it killed five worms before it crossed the line.'

Oldhamer and ex-Bury & West Ham player Paul Hilton resigned in mysterious circumstances from his position as Bishop's Stortford assistant manager last week...

2+2=probably a number other than 4....