Oldham 0 Yeovil 4

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When does the 3-5-2 experiment stop?

We used it during pre-season against Barrow and we were shockingly poor.

We've used it towards the start of the season in the league and not shown any sign of improvement.

We've used it again today and rightly been punished by a side struggling for form - the tactics actually looked worse today than in any previous match.

Why the substitutions didn't come in the first half at 2-0 (or even 1-0) I don't know.

LJ has to shoulder a lot of the responsibility for this one for:

1) Trying to be too clever and picking tactics we aren't able to execute

2) Being too arrogant / stubborn to change it early enough when we might still have turned it around.

Rant over - at least we're still up there and can be a capable side when the tactics are right.

Its what a lot of people are saying to me but surely our manager wouldnt pick a team to get beat, after watching every game this season that just wasnt us today.

The Johnson fans will make their excuses, but there wasn't a whisper about either Forte or Kelly being doubtful in the week, for them to suddenly be missing and then that performance, nah, not having it.

The Johnson fans will make their excuses, but there wasn't a whisper about either Forte or Kelly being doubtful in the week, for them to suddenly be missing and then that performance, nah, not having it.

You actually believe LJ helped out his old man..........

As already said - the problem today was the formation - square pegs again - the back 3 (or 5) looked confused - nobody picked up runners which yeovil quickly cottoned on to - wilson and mills just stood on the wings whilst the chaos was taking place right down the middle of the pitch - free headers ,runners unchecked very few meaningful challenges - every 2nd touch was a lunge or giveaway - kusunga started ok but got lost wilson did a good man marking job on elokobi and then blamed kusunga....dieng tried to fill kellys role but turned into a headless chicken. Bottom line - lj sacrificed a system that has worked (diamond thingy) to shoehorn everyone in and we 'got dicked''.

Any bull about missing players is blahblahblah - we do have replacements in each position - lj has to trust them.

Apart from the abject performance the most disappointing thing for me was seeing Paddy Kenny giving a wave to his family/friends in the stand as he came off at half time.

Should have been hanging his head in shame,doesn't mean enough to him. Hasn't done enough for me and cost us last week,bring back Rachubka.

Apart from the abject performance the most disappointing thing for me was seeing Paddy Kenny giving a wave to his family/friends in the stand as he came off at half time.

Should have been hanging his head in shame,doesn't mean enough to him. Hasn't done enough for me and cost us last week,bring back Rachubka.

Here we go, the famous 'loan players don't care as much as permanent' argument, total load of nonsense.

If GJ wasn't their manager we wouldn't have played that formation. Any suggestions of self sabotage are ludicrous, I think LJ just tried to be too clever and it bit him and us very hard on the backside.

thats how I see it, too. he tried something new, knowing that his dad would have set up to play against our diamond! he also wouldn't have mentioned anything about kelly or forte knowing that they'd have spent hours watchin clips of the pair.... anyhow neither mind games worked and father leaves son with plenty of lessons learnted, i hope.

I think today's result is a reality check....we're not as good a we thought we were and without the midfield combo of Kelly and Jones and Forte up top we are an easy touch,

The 14 teams between the relegation places and top 6 are separated by just 8 points. By the end of next month we could quite easily be fighting to stay out of the bottom 4.

This is a piss poor division where on the day any team can beat any other and today has clearly demonstrated that fact.

What did he do in the first half he should be so ashamed of? He was left totally exposed three times.

I think today's result is a reality check....we're not as good a we thought we were and without the midfield combo of Kelly and Jones and Forte up top we are an easy touch,

The 14 teams between the relegation places and top 6 are separated by just 8 points. By the end of next month we could quite easily be fighting to stay out of the bottom 4.

This is a piss poor division where on the day any team can beat any other and today has clearly demonstrated that fact.

A piss poor division because we got beat or because we have been have winning a few games? Or both?

Couldn't believe the team selection before the game. Two minutes in and it was clear that nobody in our team knew what was expected. Clear option to play Mills, Wilson, Dieng and Wilson in front of Kenny. Can't blame any of the players who were struggling with the formation and knocked sideways by the first goal. Only one person to blame - LJ.