Feb'15 - Fans, Question, Suggestions, Support

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a big lad Barry, but he hasn't got much of a throw on him. A small whippet tops.

Possibly a bag of owls.

Meant to be an upboat, sorry. Although your implication of owl mass murder is disturbing, assuming live birds would advantage the owl tosser.

I'd like to see how he would tackle a shire horse.

I wouldn't. I'm just saying I'm not fussed if SD won't have anything to do with the Trust, which I think they might not. (I'm not sure whether it's possible to be regulated by the Financial Services Authority successor bodies if they've already kicked your company (or one of its predecessors) out. If the FCA won't regulate the trust, we can't be part of SD. Didn't I gather somewhere that the FSA had wound up the original Trustco? If it's possible, I'm all for the SD. I just don't think it is.

Checked with my SD contact:

"At the moment, they are a CLG. We don’t exclude other sorts of constitution from joining SD if the objects are very similar to our Model and the group want to work with us in our way of doing things. We’d have to have that conversation with them before anything further could be considered.

I think the first step would be for Oldham people to contact SD, we don’t normally contact fans groups ourselves, enquiries always come to us from the fans groups."

Thanks Metty.

think there were a number of hurdles why the trust are not using SD at the moment.

It has been looked at, whether it needs looking at on an annual basis, I will log for you and get a more definite answer and I'm sure Chris has it looted too.

I have logged all the above prior to your post and from the trust reform thread too, so I will try and get answers either pre or in time for the q&a session....tba on date

Edited by underdog

It really would be a good idea to have this thread in the main forum rather than hiding away on here.

It's had 296 views since it was posted on 13 January but 29 replies which is quite a high ratio of posts to views.

There's clearly an interest but other topics originally from that date and with not dissimilar replies have thousands of views.

If you want people's comments then this really should be being discussed elsewhere.

My suggestion is start again. Constitution. Regular elections. New membership entirely, including all ST holders. A fully understood membership-leadership covenant.

I've said previously I'm not bothered about Supporters Direct affiliation. I am now. I'm very bothered. It's a massive safeguard against the kind of abuse carried out by the Barry Owens of this world.

The new trust will also have to convince Corney to honour the spirit of his commitment and let the trust chair have a seat on the board. Item No. 1 for the new trust chair is getting Barry off the OAFC board. He simply cannot be allowed to drag the club down in the same way he dragged the original trust down. It's not personal. It's just a fact.

To go with the 12 above:

13.) Of those members of the Trust board- how many were in place when it was wound up for not filing accounts and when it didn't file accounts for that 7 year period? as per http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/46622-trust-shares-the-ugly-truth/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Where is he stood? Goal line? Six-yard box? Edge of the penalty area? Half-way line?

I'd go for virtually on the goal line, back to goal and swinging said animal over his head. Maximum leverage.

Alternatively, what is the smallest animal that could head butt Barry over the bar?

Edited by Dave_Og

At this stage of the game I can only see one question that matters, although it would naturally spawn many supplementaries:

What is the purpose of the trust?

Thanks Dave, it is to ensure the survival of OAFC if the owner walks away.

in my mind, you have the confidence that the people on the committee know enough to ensure the day to day running of your club continues until a new owner is found.

To protect the overall interests of the fans

To ensure financial security/growth and to help put the club if we can. Like someone has already mentioned, previously the trust helped to buy grounds equipment.

TBA on a fans Q&A session soon and if you can't attend how you can tweet the trust from a far. The sooner the better I think

Thanks Dave, it is to ensure the survival of OAFC if the owner walks away.

in my mind, you have the confidence that the people on the committee know enough to ensure the day to day running of your club continues until a new owner is found.

Not a pop at you, you seem nice & seem to mean well, but I don't have that confidence. Edited by HarryBosch

Not a pop at you, you seem nice & seem to mean well, but I don't have that confidence.

Hehe, no worries....but that to me is an issue, why haven't you got trust in the trust....

I likened the trust to an insurance policy, the one you buy, stick in a draw an d hope you don't need to use it.

It should give you piece of mind that you have the confidence in the committee to ensure the survival of OAFC. If you don't then it's time for a rethink, a rebuild, new blood, new ideas, suggestions on how we can change your train of thought.

Well that's my hope and what myself Chris and lookers are trying to achieve on the communication front at least.

I hope Harry to see you at the meeting as soon as we confirm the date, or at least give you and other fans who can't attend an alternate voice via tweet the trust.

Thanks

Edited by underdog

Questions. What is the aim or purpose of the trust going forward?

What are you going to do to engage, support and represent the views of the wider fanbase?

Why should we take an interest in the trust going forward after what has gone on previously?

Personally I feel one thing that holds the trust back is that Oldham fans are incredibly splintered in terms of views on how the club/trust should be run and taken forward. Are the trust going to try and take on board all this or is it going to just continue to be a mouth piece for those directly involved in running it?

if the trusts main purpose is to safeguard latics should for example corney walk away how is that possible.

the trust has little money.

the trust should have spent the last 12 years building up its financies instead we are now in a situation were the trust has hardly no money and many fans hate the trust due to everything that has gone on.

personally I can't see this working.

I would rather a new independent supporters trust start up were the sole goal is to amass as much money as possible for if and when it hits the fan.