Rochdale (away) 24 October all-ticket

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its true we'll be around the 3000 season ticket mark this year and we make a half decent start to the season, with it being more than likely Dale will reduce the allocation, there's going to be an almighty scramble for tickets on a Anfield scale...

It was always going to be all-ticket for us, that announcement makes it seem like it's an all-ticket game for them too, which is what it should have been last year.

Those without ST should probably start the revising of Rochdale history soon...

How many do they normally issue?

There were some disagreements on this last time. I think the away stand's capacity is 3650 but they sometimes reduce it to 3250.

Last season they gave us the full stand, we sold out but announced it as 3250 so it's confusing.

It was always going to be all-ticket for us, that announcement makes it seem like it's an all-ticket game for them too, which is what it should have been last year.

Those without ST should probably start the revising of Rochdale history soon...

Why should season ticket holders have priorty for this game though? I accept big cup games etc a perk of being a season ticket holder should be first dibs. But a league away fixture,surly they should just be put on open sale?

Some fans go more away games than home and also for some season ticket holders they dont go to many if any away games.

Am sure eveyone who wants a ticket will get one though

Why should season ticket holders have priorty for this game though? I accept big cup games etc a perk of being a season ticket holder should be first dibs. But a league away fixture,surly they should just be put on open sale?

Some fans go more away games than home and also for some season ticket holders they dont go to many if any away games.

The season ticket holders should have priority for all "all ticket" games, paying up front for the season enables the club to budget for the coming season, so priority is a small perk given by the club. As much as you say some fans go to more away games this doesn't put much money into the club. Although all away support I am sure is much appreciated by the players and manager.

If they don't go to any away games you've no need to worry have you?

There were some disagreements on this last time. I think the away stand's capacity is 3650 but they sometimes reduce it to 3250.

Last season they gave us the full stand, we sold out but announced it as 3250 so it's confusing.

For the full capacity to be used it has to be dedicated seating. 3250 is the maximum allowed where you can sit where you want

For the full capacity to be used it has to be dedicated seating. 3250 is the maximum allowed where you can sit where you want

This was what confused me though.

The pictures show that we sold out the entire end - there was not 400 spare seats - yet it wasn't allocated seating either and the attendance was announced as 3250.

How does that work?

Edited by NewBlue

Last season at Rochdale I paid on the day and stood in the home end in the corner near the Latics fans. Shortly before kick off I noticed the old bill casually letting people through to the away section after a brief chat with someone over the radio. Sensing I might get through also, I walked down and asked him the score. He told me the away end had 400 spare seats to start with and they were letting Oldham fans in there if they were in the home end 'to reduce the risk of any aggro', so he let me through. Think that was why it was full but only officially 3250 came through the turnstiles.

• 1 month later...
3,503 tickets allocated (whole of Willbutts Lane Stand).

Tickets on sale from Friday 11th to 27th September inclusive for ST holders (one each - voucher C) and then general sale from 28th.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/away-ticket-news-rochdale-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow-2680400.aspx