Rochdale (away) 24 October all-ticket

Chicken and egg here. In my humble opinion the behaviour of a section of our fans at last years game was that of idiots re enforced by Bury this year. Reasonable for the police therefore to react accordingly. Why would a Latics fan taking a young son to the game not expect the police to provide a safe environment. It is the police's job to proactively manage risk not react ad hoc. Latics fans are reaping where some of our supporters have sown

It's a division 3 derby, it should be fun and a bit lively, like it was last year.

Instead it will be hassle for many from getting off the tram to getting back on it.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicken and egg here. In my humble opinion the behaviour of a section of our fans at last years game was that of idiots re enforced by Bury this year. Reasonable for the police therefore to react accordingly. Why would a Latics fan taking a young son to the game not expect the police to provide a safe environment. It is the police's job to proactively manage risk not react ad hoc. Latics fans are reaping where some of our supporters have sown

Sorry but the only thuggish behaviour I saw at Bury was being dished out by the Cops, as for Dale away last year we sold out a month in advance yet the 'Authorities' allowed the home support to pay on the day, it was piss poor organisation and enforcing allocated seating this year will again cause more problems than it solves, I suppose the police have to justify there presence at these matches and the hefty bill that goes with it, it just gets rather tiresome when fans get the blame for incidents that could easily been avoided.

If you saw the performances against Gillingham and Sheffield then the term 'utterly :censored:e' is a tad knee-jerk. There are clear signs that the team is getting better both individually and collectively. I will be at Swindon and also at Rochdale on Saturday irrespective of the result tonight.

I agree that our season so far has been hugely disappointing both on and off the pitch but Latics are my club. I guess I am one of a dying breed.

Oh and embarrassed by only taking 2,000 to Rochdale? I'd say that is still pretty impressive.

Knee-jerk? We've won 1 in 23!!! Playing well in two games in-between is hardly going to bring a flood back. I'll admit, I wasn't going to bother but I've been suckered in by a couple of decent performances of late - to my chagrin - and I fully expect the first 3 points to come on Saturday, but I can totally understand those who are truly fed up and won't be bothering as well.

A couple on here who love a downboat evidently don't...

I think cost has a lot to do with away followings. I think it is getting more expensive to following clubs away. Most if not all grounds in our league now charge £20+ just to get in. Add to that travel costs, food, programme etc. and it becomes a very expensive day out

The cost hasn't changed much for years

You're right but if Rochdale, the Police (and probably OAFC) had shown more common sense towards ticketing last year all that might not have happened.

Rochdale's stewards (or Bury's this season) didn't help either - the two who were "high fiving" after getting Hulk Hogan out being a prime example...

Treating people like trouble causers unfortunately makes a few far more likely to act accordingly....

As :censored: as it all may feel at the moment I don't get not wanting to be part of the biggest, loudest away following we're likely to have this season - both in the ground and in the pubs around Rochdale...

Good, bad or indifferent on the pitch travelling in numbers will always be a buzz.

And maybe, just maybe, the football won't spoil the football....

As :censored: as it all may feel at the moment I don't get not wanting to be part of the biggest, loudest away following we're likely to have this season - both in the ground and in the pubs around Rochdale...

Good, bad or indifferent on the pitch travelling in numbers will always be a buzz.

I think Wigan might be the big away this season.

Absolutely. These are the days we go for. Dale last year was undoubtedly enhanced by our form though. Being a playoff contender clash gave that day something extra.

It's why I'm desperate for success this season; in a league where there is the potential for so many cracking away days, a competitive season would be brilliant.

Wigan and Blackpool in particular will be so much better if we're looking upwards rather than downwards.

And maybe, just maybe, the football won't spoil the beer

Last season we were on the fringe of the playoffs, 1840 is a good effort considering we have won only ONE game in the last 23!!

We will have sold over 2000 come Friday and with a win tonight could sell substantially more.

We only had 3600 tics at home on Saturday!!

So this isnt Oldham fans starting trouble? Lets just face facts. At two local games, Oldham fans have been involved in trouble with the police so lets not pretend that Oldham fans are totally blameless

http://youtu.be/qzalJYKYfnM

I didn't say they were totally blameless, they do have a responsibility to everyone present to keep the peace but to me they are putting ordinary fans off attending through poor organisation and heavy handed policing that you would never see at any other sporting event. Most of the trouble at Dale and Bury was easily avoidable.

So..........

Anyone looking forward to this game a little more now?

Perhaps a few hundred more may fancy it?

Lets be honest - a win has been that elusive that it'd be no surprise to see us pleased easily enough to base our appearance on Saturday on a win tonight.

It won't be a big home crowd on Saturday.

It's all ticket for home supporters, which is ridiculous, given that we haven't sold out, and the fans who went in the home ends last season did so because they couldn't get in the away end...

2500 home fans, 2500 away fans.