Rochdale (away) 24 October all-ticket

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlikely to sell out for the simple reason that it is allocated seating. Simple enough to arrange to buy tickets as a group you say but in fact that is not always the case unless one of you is prepared to stump up the money to do it. Why should you just take the place which is next on the pile rather than be allowed to choose where you want to go? It is OK when the stand will be half empty as usual but this way of allocating what might be enforced just puts me off. Can't see us selling all the tickets so will wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

From Facebook on National Poetry Day

Gary Heywood-Everett

The lines that turned me on to poetry were written in the Rochdale Football Club programme : 'Walk to the tea bar, straight as a die, count out your coppers and ask for a pie'. Such simplicity, such directness, a short hop from that to Phillip Larkin !

2 · Hide · 9 October

Guy in the ticket office reckons it will be strictly enforced by the police. Probably cordon off the sections at either ends not sold.

If you go in with the home fans, don't blow your own trumpet!

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/safety-information-for-the-game-with-rochdale-2741797.aspx

Guy in the ticket office reckons it will be strictly enforced by the police. Probably cordon off the sections at either ends not sold.

And they wonder why fans don't bother going, the stand holds 3500 and we will sell around 2000, why would they want to create problems? Did they treat Bradford the same way a few week ago? Of course they didn't, treat fans like idiots and then they wonder why they start acting like them.

The reason for a pathetic following is the pathetic team.

If we were merely mid-table, with 3 wins to our name out of 12/13, we'd have taken 3000.

These are exceptional circumstances, exceptional in that they are utterly :censored:e and it's hard to motivate yourself to travel 100 metres to watch them.

It'll be slightly embarrassing to have half the stand empty after bigging ourselves up last year, but all I want is a win. Beyond caring about anything beyond 3 points.

The reason for a pathetic following is the pathetic team.

If we were merely mid-table, with 3 wins to our name out of 12/13, we'd have taken 3000.

These are exceptional circumstances, exceptional in that they are utterly :censored:e and it's hard to motivate yourself to travel 100 metres to watch them.

It'll be slightly embarrassing to have half the stand empty after bigging ourselves up last year, but all I want is a win. Beyond caring about anything beyond 3 points.

If you saw the performances against Gillingham and Sheffield then the term 'utterly :censored:e' is a tad knee-jerk. There are clear signs that the team is getting better both individually and collectively. I will be at Swindon and also at Rochdale on Saturday irrespective of the result tonight.

I agree that our season so far has been hugely disappointing both on and off the pitch but Latics are my club. I guess I am one of a dying breed.

Oh and embarrassed by only taking 2,000 to Rochdale? I'd say that is still pretty impressive.

Away followings seem to be suffering generally so for us to take over 2000 will be more than respectable.

Clubs with big home support are seeing less travelling with them - not long ago Sheff Utd would have easily sold out the Chaddy. Bradford brought 1600 - again less than would have been thought. Dale themselves in what is apparently their "real" derby, took just 1500 to Bury last Saturday.

I think cost has a lot to do with away followings. I think it is getting more expensive to following clubs away. Most if not all grounds in our league now charge £20+ just to get in. Add to that travel costs, food, programme etc. and it becomes a very expensive day out

And they wonder why fans don't bother going, the stand holds 3500 and we will sell around 2000, why would they want to create problems? Did they treat Bradford the same way a few week ago? Of course they didn't, treat fans like idiots and then they wonder why they start acting like them.

Chicken and egg here. In my humble opinion the behaviour of a section of our fans at last years game was that of idiots re enforced by Bury this year. Reasonable for the police therefore to react accordingly. Why would a Latics fan taking a young son to the game not expect the police to provide a safe environment. It is the police's job to proactively manage risk not react ad hoc. Latics fans are reaping where some of our supporters have sown

Despite the good performance on Saturday, on the back of two one month loan players, and the opening of the unfinished stand there is a malaise about our club and that with allocated seating, possibly made meaningless if only 2000 go, means I'm not going to Rochdale. I am also put off because there are so many other 'local' games I can go to where I haven't visited before.