Southend not happy!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are becoming a joke of a club , don't do anything right on or off the pitch

We were always described as a family club, may still be,but we would be the Munsters

Can't get answers to simple questions like when will all of the facilities be open in the stand ? They simply don't know.

Phil Brown is upset that Southend were only given 12 complimentary tickets on Tuesday. He had 12 people and Worrall had 16 people at BP to watch them.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/14105838.Phil_Brown_s_weekly_Echo_column__Clubs_should_respect_one_another/

Didn't realise we were Saafends Cup final, no wonder Mr Tango had them all fired up, probably treated his team to an half hour each in The Georgian for sticking 5 past us. :)

Phil Brown is upset that Southend were only given 12 complimentary tickets on Tuesday. He had 12 people and Worrall had 16 people at BP to watch them.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/14105838.Phil_Brown_s_weekly_Echo_column__Clubs_should_respect_one_another/

Hang on, so their away following was 184. Between the manager and one player, never mind the rest of the squad they wanted 28 complimentary tickets.

It'd be interesting to know if other local clubs have agreed to the requests.

Edited by ChrisA

Hang on, so their away following was 184. Between the manager and one player, never mind the rest of the squad they wanted 28 complimentary tickets.

It'd be interesting to know if other local clubs have agreed to the requests.

I'm assuming two things. One, Brown is slightly over egged those numbers for effect, and two, my guess is they were in the Main Stand.

Christ, how many do they expect, that's 28 just for those two......12 does seem a small amount but why shouldn't their relatives and friends pay like everyone else !!

I was critical before the game of our decision to to extend the £5 offer to away fans but I don't understand their beef when it comes to comps.

Why should people get into games free? If your mate/brother/husband is playing and you fancy going to watch them play then you pay to get in just like everyone else. For years there has been a ridiculous situation whereby people go and stand by the players entrance hoping they can blag a freebie just because they happen to semi-know one of the players or even because they can look desperate enough to get given one.

I was critical before the game of our decision to to extend the £5 offer to away fans but I don't understand their beef when it comes to comps.

Why should people get into games free? If your mate/brother/husband is playing and you fancy going to watch them play then you pay to get in just like everyone else.

We all do friends/family/acquaintances a favour where we can don't we?

One wonders what the usual number of free tickets is.

He says in the article some clubs 50. He indicates normally two per player at Southend. He is complaining about 12, so I reckon 25-30.

Wonder if they count towards the gate.

Edited by singe