Southend not happy!

You can't blame Southend for being pissed off. I had assumed that, providing they bought their tickets in advance, they would benefit from the discount too but it sounds as if it was based on online bookings to deliberately exclude them. Not sure why, as I cant imagine they will bring many and so the benefit of doing this will be limited.

More bad publicity for the club as the Beeb was circulating this story through its MotD social media accounts.

Give them all a voucher for a free pie/pint-thats what the 100 club members get and they have paid a lot more than £17 extra.

Dont spoil them southerners. In fact forget the voucher idea.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't blame Southend for being pissed off. I had assumed that, providing they bought their tickets in advance, they would benefit from the discount too but it sounds as if it was based on online bookings to deliberately exclude them. Not sure why, as I cant imagine they will bring many and so the benefit of doing this will be limited.

More bad publicity for the club as the Beeb was circulating this story through its MotD social media accounts.

Same happened to us at an away game last year !!

Can't remember which one but i wasn't happy when i saw the home fans were paying a lot less than us at the gate.

Meant to complain afterwards but we must have got a good result and i forgot by the time i got home.

The idea is surely to get a few extra fans in and hopefully they'll enjoy it enough to come back, the incentive wouldn't work on Southend fans so charge them the full whack, people from Essex like to show off about how much they've spent anyway.

:censored: um! They'll be less happy when they make the long trip home after a 5-0 walloping...

They'll be happier than I'll be if we get obliterated in a massive nuclear strike marking the onset of WW3 just before the ref blows for the end of said 5 0. I'll be livid.

What I am looking forward to is the board finally realising that no matter how cheap you put the tickets, it's the stuff on the pitch which is pushing people away and causing apathy. The crowd we're likely to get at a fiver a ticket will be proof.

I mean, we all see that, but I'm still not convinced they do yet.

What I am looking forward to is the board finally realising that no matter how cheap you put the tickets, it's the stuff on the pitch which is pushing people away and causing apathy. The crowd we're likely to get at a fiver a ticket will be proof.

I mean, we all see that, but I'm still not convinced they do yet.

Fascinated to see the crowd tonight. There are many valid reasons people may have for not going but to not go when it's £5 in because the football isn't 'winning' or 'entertaining' enough is pretty poor.

Fascinated to see the crowd tonight. There are many valid reasons people may have for not going but to not go when it's £5 in because the football isn't 'winning' or 'entertaining' enough is pretty poor.

Why is it?

It's not the fact that it's a fiver, it's the 2 and a half hours of your life you'll never get back. And I mean that.

I wouldn't have gone for free.

We're :censored:, dull, chinless and its :censored:ing freezing outside.

Not a hard decision to make really.