Southend not happy!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it should have been extended to away fans. Whether we have to do so by the rules or not is hardly the point.

If they bring 100 tomorrow night that will be more than I would have expected. The cost to the club of extending the deal to them would have been under £2k. In the grand scheme of things, why wouldn't you?

Of course it should have been extended to away fans. Whether we have to do so by the rules or not is hardly the point.

If they bring 100 tomorrow night that will be more than I would have expected. The cost to the club of extending the deal to them would have been under £2k. In the grand scheme of things, why wouldn't you?

But that would have resulted in many Southend fans paying £5 while Oldham fans who aren't comfortable buying/able to buy tickets on the internet would have been paying £22.....

It's a stupid idea anyway should have been £5 on the door just like us to cock things up

Its not a stupid idea, the idea behind it is to promote the e-ticketing website and booking by phone. Impossible to do that if it's the same at the gate.

Its not a stupid idea, the idea behind it is to promote the e-ticketing website

That's the reason? Cheap tickets to promote a website? So it's not gesture from the board to offer all fans a discount on a less than appetising tie on a cold Tuesday night? That can't be right.

I'll stand corrected, although looking now you still can't pick your seat.

I checked earlier and there were definitely seats available for £5 in the 2 blocks nearest the RRE.

Edit - just checked. There are seats available across the whole stand to pick from.

Edited by jorvik_latic

I checked earlier and there were definitely seats available for £5 in the 2 blocks nearest the RRE.

Edit - just checked. There are seats available across the whole stand to pick from.

Hmmmm. Not on my phone but there seemed to be issues with ipads the other day so maybe different devices have different problems.

No skin off my nose - I just rang up last week to get one for someone else but alas.

You have to be utterly deluded to sit in the away end as a Southend fan tomorrow.

Get a home ticket for a fiver...

I'd imagine if you've travelled from Essex on a cold Tuesday to cheer on your team then you'd swallow the £17 to not have to sit on your hands.

You have to be utterly deluded to sit in the away end as a Southend fan tomorrow.

Get a home ticket for a fiver...

Too late now. Imagine a few might have done it before the deadline, they were taking adresses tho when booking, not sure if you could just make one up when paying by card..??

I'd imagine if you've travelled from Essex on a cold Tuesday to cheer on your team then you'd swallow the £17 to not have to sit on your hands.

I'm not into football violence but a couple of straighteners could be just the thing to get some blood running through the frozen fingers and toes

Why if you were going anyway and paying full whack anyway?

As someone above said - it would be nice to pay less but, why would you be "annoyed" about it?

I'd be annoyed that I was paying £22 and others were paying £5 to watch the same :censored:e.

I thought that I'd made that point in my previous post but clearly not..

You can't blame Southend for being pissed off. I had assumed that, providing they bought their tickets in advance, they would benefit from the discount too but it sounds as if it was based on online bookings to deliberately exclude them. Not sure why, as I cant imagine they will bring many and so the benefit of doing this will be limited.

More bad publicity for the club as the Beeb was circulating this story through its MotD social media accounts.