Who Stays? Who Goes?

With the win over Crewe we're mathematically safe and can look forward to yet another year in League One. However, there's a worrying lack of players out of contract this summer - I was wondering who people would keep and release.

Importantly two games left to impress Shez, we'll see if anyone perks up to try and win a contract.

Under Contract

Connor Brown (2017) - Transfer List

Carl Winchester (2017) - Keep

Jake Cassidy (2017 plus option) - Transfer List

Rhys Murphy (2017) - Keep

Liam Kelly (2017) - Keep

Out of Contract (With Option)

David Cornell - Release

Timothée Dieng - Keep

Theo Vassell - Release

Lee Croft - Release

Jack Tuohy - Keep

Danny Byrnes - Keep

Out of Contract (No Option)

Joel Coleman - Keep

James Wilson - Keep

Anthony Gerrard - Keep

Brian Wilson - Keep

Jack Truelove - Release

George Edmundson - Keep

Mike Jones - Keep

Dominic Poleon - Release

Jonathon Forte - Release

Rhys Turner - Release

Jordan Bove - Release

Loan Players

Tareiq Holmes-Dennis- Don't Sign

Cameron Dummigan - Try to Sign

Aaron Amdai-Holloway - Try to Sign

Curtis Main - Try to Sign

Timmy Thiele - Don't Sign

Although there are quite a few players that i'd keep/try to sign, I imagine we'll be seeing a big turnover of players this summer. 100% trust in Shez to build a team that can compete at the right end of the table, rather than the usual relegation scrap.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the win over Crewe we're mathematically safe and can look forward to yet another year in League One. However, there's a worrying lack of players out of contract this summer - I was wondering who people would keep and release.

Importantly two games left to impress Shez, we'll see if anyone perks up to try and win a contract.

Under Contract

Liam Kelly (2017) - Keep

David Cornell - Release

Timothée Dieng - Keep

Theo Vassell - Release

Lee Croft - Release

Jack Tuohy - Keep

Danny Byrnes - Keep

Joel Coleman - Keep

James Wilson - Keep

Anthony Gerrard - Keep

Brian Wilson - Keep

Jack Truelove - Release

George Edmundson - Keep

Mike Jones - Keep

Dominic Poleon - Release

Jonathon Forte - Release

Rhys Turner - Release

Jordan Bove - Release

Loan Players

Although there are quite a few players that i'd keep/try to sign, I imagine we'll be seeing a big turnover of players this summer. 100% trust in Shez to build a team that can compete at the right end of the table, rather than the usual relegation scrap.

Pretty much agree with all that, but would try and sign Jonathan Forte and Dominic Poleon on much reduced terms. Pretty much because there are no emergency loans and I believe Shez and Shirtliff can get more out if them, but if Shez could get who he thought was better then up to Shez.

It would be good to keep a bit if the core squad.

Under Contract

Liam Kelly (2017) - Keep

David Cornell - Release

Timothée Dieng - Keep

Theo Vassell - Release

Lee Croft - Release

Jack Tuohy - Keep

Danny Byrnes - Keep

Joel Coleman - Keep

James Wilson - Keep

Anthony Gerrard - Keep

Brian Wilson - Keep

Jack Truelove - Release

George Edmundson - Keep

Mike Jones - Keep

Dominic Poleon - Release

Jonathon Forte - Release

Rhys Turner - Release

Jordan Bove - Release

Loan Players

I agree apart from Murphy. He didn't do enough.

I might even be tempted to see if Shez can improve Poleon, but i'm not arsed either way.

Pity about Croft and Forte as both have quality, but their lack of fitness means they should move on.

There's always a sale Diego.

I'd agree with first post apart from try to get Murphy off our books. I'd keep poleon and forte if they take a paycut on one year deals if we don't manage to get main/holloway

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Under Contract

Liam Kelly (2017) - Keep

David Cornell - Release

Timothée Dieng - Keep

Theo Vassell - Release

Lee Croft - Release

Jack Tuohy - Keep

Danny Byrnes - Keep

Joel Coleman - Keep

James Wilson - Keep

Anthony Gerrard - Keep

Brian Wilson - Keep

Jack Truelove - Release

George Edmundson - Keep

Mike Jones - Keep

Dominic Poleon - Release

Jonathon Forte - Release

Rhys Turner - Release

Jordan Bove - Release

Loan Players

I'd agree with most of that. I doubt that Murphy will be here by the end of August or that Dummigan will want to join us permanently. But I'd be tempted to give Croft a chance to prove that he can be useful to Shez's team next year. His ability isn't in doubt to me, although his weight is a big concern. Forte is a tricky one too. Clearly has ability but not a player we can rely on to play at least half a season.

Has anyone watched enough youth or reserve games to form an opinion on Vassell, Tuohy and Byrnes?

Keep Forte and let Murphy go apart from that will be happy with everything else on LF's list.

To come in

LB, RB

wide man, Centre mid who can create. We need to create more chances.

2 possibly 3 strikers.

A back up keeper depending on if Renshaw is ready to step up as number 2 or not.

Get the recruitment right and you never know.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I agree apart from Murphy. He didn't do enough.

I might even be tempted to see if Shez can improve Poleon, but i'm not arsed either way.

Pity about Croft and Forte as both have quality, but their lack of fitness means they should move on.

What he said

Forte is a tricky one too. Clearly has ability but not a player we can rely on to play at least half a season.

Has ability to score goals and cause problems for teams.

Only problem with him though is he's one knock to his knee from being out for months. With our budget we can't afford to risk that so needs to take a paycut if we're to keep him I think.

I don't care about the cost but if we can loan all these players, build a new stand, put offers galore on season tkts, keep Gerrard & Croft fed daily then we sure as hell can buy Connor Brown out of his contract and tell him to :censored: off!!!!

If Gerrard goes to the Championship he will be warming a bench, someone will pay him a better wage but he wouldn't walk into many Championship defences, he will probably end up at Bradford or Barnsley who will have noticed his good work here and can afford his wages.

I doubt Gerrard will be here. He's grinding his axe on Twitter tonight about those who didn't fancy him and he signed for us for the challenge of keeping us up. Sounds like he's putting himself in the shop window....

Its more to do with people who turned him down last summer not OAFC now. He will be here next season we want him here and I think he likes being here too.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Its more to do with people who turned him down last summer not OAFC now. He will be here next season we want him here and I think he likes being here too.

He wont! He has stated on several occasions he doesn't want be. 'With all due respect to club it's not where I want to be'.

He will go to the highest bidder and I do expect him to play at Boundary Park next season but it won't be for us unfortunately.

He wont! He has stated on several occasions he doesn't want be. 'With all due respect to club it's not where I want to be'.

He will go to the highest bidder and I do expect him to play at Boundary Park next season but it won't be for us unfortunately.

He's found his level in league 1 at his current age and weight! Delusions of grandure thinking he can play 1st team in the championship!

Croft is an interesting one.

Was one of the better contributors today until he went off.

Perhaps there's life in lardy Lee yet.

Agreed! Played well today for me and was up for it....

Keep him on reduced terms/pay as you play. Can't see a line of clubs queuing to sign him!

I think it was rather clever of shez to put croft in midfield. He still has stamina, but probably not up and down the wing. He has a good football brain, and can keep the ball, make a pass. I also felt that Kelly played too deep today, so it left Croft with to much fill on his own.

Edited by manshaw