Mark Moisley on BBC Radio Manc for next hour

The only thing I gleaned from the phone in was that Corney has no intention of selling up lock, stock and barrel and he is only really looking for finance to fulfill his own pipe dream, he wants to be the chairman of a Football Club but expects others to finance it, main problem with that is those who've made their money and are able to finance it want their own name above the door and rightly so. Mugs like Valeri Belokon aren't out their anymore and the only way we'll get the investment needed is if he :censored:s off.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. What answers weren't you happy with?

What was glossed over for me was the OEC/OAFC income from the stand issue, and this was partly to do with those who phoned in on the subject not asking quite the right questions in my opinion. We know that all match day income goes to OAFC, but we were told that the North Stand would generate money for OAFC virtually 365 days a year, that's clearly not the case now. I would have like a clear answer on how this now works and is it just a temporary thing whilst the debt from the stand is driven down? I would also like MM to have been pushed about Mr. Corney's comments on the Sports Direct deal and NS income giving us one of the higher budgets in L1, again what's changed and what are we doing to rectify it?

As I stated earlier, I'm hoping NNN's meeting will get answers from the horses mouth on this.

We don't create lots of chances....it is smoke and mirrors

Depends on your definition of lots and your definition of chances.

Taking 2 games, Wimbledon and Port Vale at home as examples of games we would probably have won if we'd scored. Against Wimbledon I counted 6 chances you'd expect a striker at this level to score. Against Vale probably the same. If we'd won both those games 1-0 we'd be out of the bottom 4 with 2 games in hand. Would so many be declaring this the worst team in our history, the manager a deluded clown etc? I doubt it.

Yes I'm talking "if's" but it's a very fine line between that happening and being where we are now.

Edited by nzlatic

I was thinking that what's his involvement here apart from the fact he played for us 15 years ago?

Oh sports direct deal Is for 6 years not 5 they give us a lump sum every July

It was definitely 5 years, has it been extended??

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140703-sportsdirect-1713215.aspx

We create plenty of chances in most games we just can't finish. That's not being taken in that's me judging for myself.

We create the fourth fewest in the division and convert the fewest. You're fishing.

There are some good analyses on here of that Moisley interview. It creates more doubt than confidence. General tone was barring miracles we're resigned to no tangible change in fortunes. All we can expect is to eek out finer margins on a bureaucratic level.

Don't be taken in by the managers bull:censored: of we create lots of chances we really don't.

Who does the blame lie with then if not Corney or our super tactician ?

The blame is Corney's surely ? It is him that decided we didn't need a manager or a squad of players until days before pre season. He did not provide the basic tools for the manager to be able to do his job. Yet I still feel the manager needs to go as like I said he's done himself no favours.

We create plenty of chances in most games we just can't finish. That's not being taken in that's me judging for myself.

The blame doesn't lie solely with anyone.

Debatable decisions at board level. Cost of watching games (not just us that are expensive). Fans not coming anymore for a variety of reasons. Premier league and Sky TV pricing smaller teams out f the market for wages so players will happily sit on bench higher up on a big wage. The weather. All those who stop coming for whatever reason rightly or wrongly lower the playing budget.

We don't know why sheridan left but can Corney be blamed for Evans pulling out at the last minute? It was that which then put us further behind pre season. No way Corney wanted that situation

We really don't.

Interesting one this.

Stats show that we've had 249 shots so far, only Walsall and Vale less (Vale only 197! )but we've played less so it's 20th place with 10.88 shots per game.

Highest shots is Sheff Utd with 371 by way of a comparison, but that's 14.27 per hgame so only 4 shots per game more.

Obviously shots on target is more key.

Here we are second bottom with 90, Vale on 82. Sheff Utd top on 146.

Again per game there is not much in it,.

Posh at 5.83 per game, we are third bottom, 3.75.

So just over 2 shots per game on target worse.

A decent striker would really make a difference to that stat., but it is low. SO I have that as a draw, we don't have a high number of shots and on target, but we have enough and could improve on it easily.

We can look at our defence too.

Here Shots conceded we are firmly mid table on 314

Chesterfield 380 to Sheff Utd 208.

Per game we go slightly lower 16th with 13.08 per game.

Sheff Utd best with 8 shots conceded per game, Chesterfield worst with 14.62 per game.

Shots conceded on target

Bolton 88

Us lower mid table 124

Shrews 48

Per game shots on target conceded just above relegation zone

Bolton 3.52

Us 5.17

Walsall 5.76

I don't think our defence is as rock solid as some believe.

Source:

http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_shots

Edited by singe

We create the fourth fewest in the division and convert the fewest. You're fishing.

There are some good analyses on here of that Moisley interview. It creates more doubt than confidence. General tone was barring miracles we're resigned to no tangible change in fortunes. All we can expect is to eek out finer margins on a bureaucratic level.

So the club are hiring 3 on the commercial side, but can't sign players..great.

Edited by BP1960

I think it's you that has previously mentioned it, but I've been told that tonight is massive for his future at the club...

Madness.

We're judging a manager on the back of a tournament in which most teams have accepted apathy?

This isn't going to answer anything than beyond what we already know, unless you're asking the wrong questions.

Madness.

We're judging a manager on the back of a tournament in which most teams have accepted apathy?

This isn't going to answer anything than beyond what we already know, unless you're asking the wrong questions.

I think at this stagee it has more to do with prize money however Robinson should be questioned if we lose to another side playing at a lower level. Especially if they have apathy towards a competition which our manager has claims he wants to win.

If that's the case it's easy to see why we're becoming the laughing stock of football, desperation to progress in a meaningless piss pot trophy takes priority over putting a team out to compete at League level, you have to question why our chairman's so happy to accept mediocrity yet expects the same poor players to take us on a cup run, blokes an absolute muppet.

I think at this stagee it has more to do with prize money however Robinson should be questioned if we lose to another side playing at a lower level. Especially if they have apathy towards a competition which our manager has claims he wants to win.

We've already done that in a bigger and better competition.

They might as well have sacked them after Lincoln...

If that's the case it's easy to see why we're becoming the laughing stock of football, desperation to progress in a meaningless piss pot trophy takes priority over putting a team out to compete at League level, you have to question why our chairman's so happy to accept mediocrity yet expects the same poor players to take us on a cup run, blokes an absolute muppet.

SC will be desperate for the £40,000 in winning tonights game plus extra money as the team progresses.

He won't be amused at going out and on his past records could have someone else lined up to bring on loanees if SR fails this test.

I hope not as I think SR has been dealt a poor hand from the start. Most on here would have taken Erwin, Burgess, McKay and Ladapo on what was known about them at the time.

1 cup exit to lower league is just about ok, 2 not so much when you factor in being bottom of league.

Having lost several players and a couple of managers to League 2 in the past few months, you've got to question the difference between the divisions

Didn't we get battered by these away last season in the FA Cup (without losing)?

Edited by NewBlue

Having lost several players and a couple of managers to League 2 in the past few months, you've got to question the difference between the divisions

Didn't we get battered by these away last season in the FA Cup (without losing)?

Very little difference, it just looks bad on paper, bad enough to warrant sacking a manager if you wanted to.

it was a pitiful performance at Mansfield last season, we should have been beaten but for a shocking miss from one of their strikers, IIRC we started with Fuller and Higdon upfront.

Very little difference, it just looks bad on paper, bad enough to warrant sacking a manager if you wanted to.

There's easily enough on the rap sheet to warrant sacking a manager already, I don't see why this game should tip anything over the edge.

It'd be ridiculous to sack him tonight and have wasted the past few weeks with a lame duck when another man could've been looking at signings.