New Manager

As mentioned on another thread one of those two clubs have an unfinished stand, massive financial problems stemming from the building of the stand and dodgy owners getting pressure for moving money to pay off the stand.

The other club after Shez is Oldham

:smoking:

BBC last updated 17th Dec 2016

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-36342097

The borough council loaned £10.25m to Northampton Town Football Club to redevelop the stadium and nearby land, but the funds have seemingly vanished, leaving an unfinished stand and the football club almost going under.

This story began four years ago when a decision was made to invest in the new stand. Now a police inquiry is under way into "alleged financial irregularities".

A BBC investigation has traced where most of the loan money seems to have gone, uncovering allegations millions of pounds was misappropriated by the developer appointed to oversee the project.

We've also discovered how some of it may have financed other schemes and how the developer, Howard Grossman, disguised his funding of former council leader David Mackintosh's successful bid to become the MP for Northampton South.

These hidden donations are now the subject of another police inquiry, after the Electoral Commission referred our findings to them.

Northampton Borough Council says it has no record of its former leader passing on a whistleblower's warning about the firm into which most of the loan money disappeared. David Mackintosh says this is "incorrect".

That firm, 1st Land Ltd, also received VAT repayments totalling almost a million pounds. Mr Grossman says the payments were 'entirely legitimate'.

The BBC also revealed how a senior council officer who would have blocked a loan wasn't told about the plans. The go-ahead to lend the money was given just weeks after she left.

Mr Mackintosh said he welcomed both police investigations and that he "will co-operate fully".

Maybe a few contract extensions ahead for some players, others may not be permenant

And hopefully some stylish football

When he reviews the squad he might find we are short at the back and sides

Edited by Stagger Lee

Not overly impressed on a Sheridan return. Even so, if it is him or Flltcroft or Edinburgh it indicates a change of direction behind the scenes at BP for me.

One thing is for sure - the fans won't be doing a hop, skip and a jump up Sheepfoot Lane with circa £150,000 of next seasons playing budget.

Puns aside...

Sheridan would be my preferred choice, I'd prefer that we didn't go for Flitcroft but I'd be happy with Edinburgh, in fact I'd say that he'd be a cut above the rest (sorry, couldn't resist!)

We could do worse than all three though. The last 18 months have proved that this is no longer a job for a first time manager.