Message from the chairman!

3 hours ago, Simpo said:

2 page spread from the chairman in the programme today, mostly positive and looking forward to the future, while admitting getting through month to month has been difficult.

Regardless, the rumour told to a Latics fan by someone at Fleetwood that we paid £100k for Holloway looks to be true.

C-BEZi3XcAE_j0-.jpg

He also says "we spent another 500k in January to ensure survival, and although I believe it has been money well spent, it certainly caused you a lot of headaches."

Speculate away!

Told you I don't comment much on things like that but tends to be true when I find something out. The lad who told me is a Gk looking for a new club in the summer... 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Soneone will say it's a lie cos a mates told him it's not true. The source won't be revealed though. 

Give it a rest, your whingeing about people slagging the club off is louder than those moaning recently. 

2 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

Give it a rest, your whingeing about people slagging the club off is louder than those moaning recently. 

Nah. I like it.  And you're wrong it isn't louder.  They never stop. 

Edited by kowenicki

4 hours ago, Simpo said:

2 page spread from the chairman in the programme today, mostly positive and looking forward to the future, while admitting getting through month to month has been difficult.

Regardless, the rumour told to a Latics fan by someone at Fleetwood that we paid £100k for Holloway looks to be true.

C-BEZi3XcAE_j0-.jpg

He also says "we spent another 500k in January to ensure survival, and although I believe it has been money well spent, it certainly caused you a lot of headaches."

Speculate away!

If that's true, why didn't they say that it was for a fee at the time?

Very peculiar...

4 hours ago, Simpo said:

C-BEZi3XcAE_j0-.jpg

Speculate away!

I wonder if he's broken it to John that he spent 60% of his budget for next season in January...

25 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I wonder if he's broken it to John that he spent 60% of his budget for next season in January...

That's a very negative viewpoint. Maybe the £500k was the money we'd budgeted for having a squad in pre season and on half decent players before Christmas 

42 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Corney. I still think that we need urgently new owners. Before next season please. Otherwise it is a waste of bleeding time and effort. 

As long as the new owners can do a better job..

30 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Thanks OAFCP and great words from Corney, saying almost everything that needed to be said, no more, no less. 

Heres to hopefully a good season next! 

Thanks Prozac. Reading that has reinforced my optimism for next season.

Simon, thanks for the messages and appreciation of the fans, but FFS please get it proof read before submitting it. There are some real howlers in there: "My door and Marks door is always open......". It doesn't reflect well on the club, nor you as an International businessman.

I'm not claiming to have perfect punctuation and grammar but there may be posters on here who would relish that job.

Can anyone remember if we sold anyone in Jan and for what amount?

Just trying to remember if any player sales in jan

cheers

Lets hope 2017/18 is not as nerve racking as the last too

Edited by underdog

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

cheers

Don't recall us 'selling' anyone but it would be undisclosed anyway. 

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oldham-athletic/transfers/verein/1078/plus/0?saison_id=2016&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=w

Edited by kowenicki

31 minutes ago, underdog said:

cheers

Don't you remember the worst day of the season, Winchester leaving?