• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd even have Greg Fleming back to replace Cornell. What's Dean Bouzanis up to these days? I wonder if he fancies coming back from Oz. See, we're all clutching at straws to resolve the keeper situation.

Bouzanis is miles better than Cornell (and Coleman for that matter).

But what did Coleman do wrong to be dropped for Cornell? Not a lot, as far as I can see. Given that scouts from bigger clubs were apparently sniffing around (not that I think he's he's ready to make a step up), I'm surprised Corney hasn't insisted he stays in the shop window.

But what did Coleman do wrong to be dropped for Cornell? Not a lot, as far as I can see. Given that scouts from bigger clubs were apparently sniffing around (not that I think he's he's ready to make a step up), I'm surprised Corney hasn't insisted he stays in the shop window.

He spilled Barnsleys winner, at the start of the season for the first 5 unbeaten he looked solid, was my mom at Colchester and played well at Walsall and Bury only conceded 3 in 5 but then looked shaky against Bradford and had a bad game at home to Peterborough (as did the other 10) he then came back for the 0-0 at Mansfield, kept goal in our next 2 games (both victories) before a mistake late on handed Barnsley all 3 points, out of all the players Dunn has had it in for his treatment and handling of Joel has been shocking.

Because it's fairly obvious Dunn has something against playing certain players I wonder if he just falls out with them.

Croft Hasn't played in a month drove Green to rip up his contract yeates named player of the month but then excluded and Poleon who had a couple of great games dropped completely and Coleman aswell.

Cornell would drop the straws.

Rumour has it that, after the game in the dressing room on Saturday, Cornell was upset over his mistake, put his head in his hands ....

... and promptly dropped it

Spot on. I'd have Bouzanis back just to see his 100yd sprints to celebrate a goal with his team mates. As for Coleman, unless he's chucking them in on a regular basis in training, he must be wondering what he has to do to get in the starting XI

He spilled Barnsleys winner, at the start of the season for the first 5 unbeaten he looked solid, was my mom at Colchester and played well at Walsall and Bury only conceded 3 in 5 but then looked shaky against Bradford and had a bad game at home to Peterborough (as did the other 10) he then came back for the 0-0 at Mansfield, kept goal in our next 2 games (both victories) before a mistake late on handed Barnsley all 3 points, out of all the players Dunn has had it in for his treatment and handling of Joel has been shocking.

Sums it up well. We know Coleman isn't the finished article, but he's only just old enough to start shaving (OK, poetic licence) and he will take time to develop. He'll make mistakes, but I can't believe he'll make the same howlers week in, week out that Cornell does.

Because it's fairly obvious Dunn has something against playing certain players I wonder if he just falls out with them.

Croft Hasn't played in a month drove Green to rip up his contract yeates named player of the month but then excluded and Poleon who had a couple of great games dropped completely and Coleman aswell.

Baffling selections indeed. How can he leave Yeates on the bench when he's made such an impact when he has come on. Players are regressing instead of progressing. Is it all Dunn's fault? He's got his sidekicks as well who should be making some input.

Myth busting... This list of players that Dunn treats badly, deliberately doesn't play etc. I just don't buy it.

Yeates - Although I'd have him in the team, I think Dunn wants Philliskirk in to add defensive stability. When Jones was injured, Yeates played. Now Jones is back he might not feel he can play both him and Yeates and leave Philliskirk out. So whether you agree with this tactic or not, you can see why he's doing it.

Poleon - had his best games alongside a big striker (Higdon). It was Higdon not being eligible that broke that partnership up. Since then he hasn't played as well. Now Murphy is in the side so who should Poleon come in instead of?

Croft - hasn't played in a month? He's been injured!!

Green - don't think this one is a Dunn thing, there are seemingly other factors involved.

Winchester, Mills, Dieng, Murphy have all been on this list at other times too, but have since come back into the side.

Coleman - I'll give you this one, he should be playing now. Or at the very least, Cornell should be dropped.

The :censored: Coleman got for that Barnsley goal gets right on my tits. His defence dreadfully let him down...ok, he grabbed at the ball like a wet bar of soap and we were punished but :censored: me...Cornell cannot catch a ball full stop! Coleman was good at the end of last season, average at the start of this but his crucifixion all surrounds that one error when his defence left him in point-blank range of goal to be :censored: on. Saturdays summing up of Cornells 2nd half...spilled one ball he went to catch about 10 mins into the half. Failed to move off his line from an inswinging free-kick that I think it was Mills had to head away (not the incident that led to Dummigan heading out for a corner) and then he throws the ball into his own net. Someone above has said he's not yet as bad as Jan Budtz who I held as the worst keeper we've had but he does now. Even Budtz didn't throw them into his own goal. I'd be tempted to contact the suspicious betting folk after that on Saturday!

Edited by boundaryblue80

In one way, after Barnsley then handling the mantle back to Cornell at that point, Dunn hoped Cornell should have seized the chance. When Cornell then ballsed it up, he had to try and play Cornell back into to sort of form. That did not happened, obviosuly, but he did not drop him soon enough.

These two keepers should be keeping each other on their toes, their mis-managment has led to this.

Yeates - Although I'd have him in the team, I think Dunn wants Philliskirk in to add defensive stability. When Jones was injured, Yeates played. Now Jones is back he might not feel he can play both him and Yeates and leave Philliskirk out. So whether you agree with this tactic or not, you can see why he's doing it.

The non selection of Yeates is disgraceful and simply cannot be justified.

He's our best attacking outlet.

The non selection of Yeates is disgraceful and simply cannot be justified.

He's our best attacking outlet.

Absolutely. Unthinkable that he can achieve Player of the Month then not start the next 3. Unbelievable.

Has to be Cassidy out, Yeates in, and Philliskirk, Winchester or Rasulo behind the striker.

Absolutely. Unthinkable that he can achieve Player of the Month then not start the next 3. Unbelievable.

Has to be Cassidy out, Yeates in, and Philliskirk, Winchester or Rasulo behind the striker.

But that would mean Murphy up front by himself then wouldn't it?

I agree, Yeates should be in. My point was that I can see why he's doing it rather than there being some sinister reason.

Dropping Cassidy leaves Murphy isolated. Dropping Philliskirk potentially leaves us with less defensive cover. A proper keeper and defence is probably the answer, then you wouldn't need to worry so much about shielding them.

But that would mean Murphy up front by himself then wouldn't it?

I agree, Yeates should be in. My point was that I can see why he's doing it rather than there being some sinister reason.

Dropping Cassidy leaves Murphy isolated. Dropping Philliskirk potentially leaves us with less defensive cover. A proper keeper and defence is probably the answer, then you wouldn't need to worry so much about shielding them.

Yes. He's probably score if it was him on his own. His movement is good enough to not need a partner.

Lafferty is set to return. Kelly and Wellens would be adequate cover for the centre backs. Philliskirk, Winchester or Rasulo could play an advanced role, threading balls to Murphy, while we have two quality wingers.

Cassidy is not the answer and having two up front does not necessarily make you more attacking...

Forte will be a bigger goal threat than Cassidy, when he returns

Edited by NewBlue

Yes. He's probably score if it was him on his own. His movement is good enough to not need a partner.

Lafferty is set to return. Kelly and Wellens would be adequate cover for the centre backs. Philliskirk, Winchester or Rasulo could play an advanced role, threading balls to Murphy, while we have two quality wingers.

Cassidy is not the answer and having two up front does not necessarily make you more attacking...

Pretty much agree with all of that as long as the style of play reflects the type of striker Murphy is, which we haven't done before. No 442 though? Risking the wrath of the masses!

Rasulo went back today.