Aaron Holloway Signed [Merged]

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barrett, Marshall, Warhurst, Porter, Fleming, Stephens,Lee, Baxter, O'Grady,JCH, just a few who had never played first team football or where not playing regularly for their league 2 club. Technically nothing has changed in the way the club sign players its just social media has expanded so fans can be heard more having a moan.

I would have omitted those first 3 if I was you-It was a whole different scenario in those days.

But I am certainly disappointed that we havent signed or loaned any attacking player today who goes straight into the team for several weeks to come!

I would have omitted those first 3 if I was you-It was a whole different scenario in those days.

But I am certainly disappointed that we havent signed or loaned any attacking player today who goes straight into the team for several weeks to come!

It's not a different scenario at all IMO

We had no money \ we have no money so we scout clubs for their reserves, under achievers, unloved or temperamental's. The clubs may be above or below us but we are looking for diamonds in the rough. Joe Royle did the same 25\30 years ago.

Some he won (massively), some he lost. Here's hoping Shez wins big with Holloway.

Edited by palmer1

It's not a different scenario at all IMO

We had no money \ we have no money so we scout clubs for their reserves, under achievers, unloved or temperamental's. The clubs may be above or below us but we are looking for diamonds in the rough. Joe Royle did the same 25\30 years ago.

Some he won (massively), some he lost. Here's hoping Shez wins big with Holloway.

But City Reserves & Everton Reserves will still be massively better than Wycombe Reserves.

Although the main difference is the comparative monies they are paid these days now meaning that we cannot go down that avenue anymore

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Shouldn't we be trying to sign players that might be at or a bit beyond our reach, even if it means we don't get them?

So...what's your point then? Let's try and sign players beyond our reach in the hope that one of them might agree to join us?sounds like a waste of time and effort if you ask me!

But City Reserves & Everton Reserves will still be massively better than Wycombe Reserves.

Although the main difference is the comparative monies they are paid these days now meaning that we cannot go down that avenue anymore

Unless its Ellis Plumber or Mancini of course.

While I'm not going to cast judgement on the lad, it does highlight the piss poor £££ on offer when the likes of Fleetwood are signing up Shola Ameobi and we are going for this kid.

Andrew Pilley, Wealthy Fleetwood owner: Born and lived locally all his life, His Fleetwood based business employs 450 local people.

Don't let angst get in the way of reality.

Anyone else get the feeling we are already getting ready for life in League 2?

!!!?????????

Yeah course we are, but let's sign Gerrard, Palmer, and a couple more just to make it look like we care!

If we were getting ready for league 2 we'd have gone with the players we already have, why waste more money!!

!!!?????????

Yeah course we are, but let's sign Gerrard, Palmer, and a couple more just to make it look like we care!

If we were getting ready for league 2 we'd have gone with the players we already have, why waste more money!!

Because the players we had might be :censored:e even in League 2, so Corney has used the Petty Cash but not the Bank Account!

To say that I am underwhelmed with the signings to date is stating the flaming obvious.

I am not bothered about the clubs that they have come from, its their lack of quality adding to a piss poor team.

Because the players we had might be :censored:e even in League 2, so Corney has used the Petty Cash but not the Bank Account!

To say that I am underwhelmed with the signings to date is stating the flaming obvious.

I am not bothered about the clubs that they have come from, its their lack of quality adding to a piss poor team.

So Palmer and Gerrard made no difference at Shrewsbury?

!!!?????????

Glaringly obvious for me a token gesture, to try to keep fans going crackers, becoming obvious we are in a lot deeper in trouble financially than is being said.

Edited by mickjagger

Can you not read? I said they were probably better than what we had!

We have to beat a lot of better teams than bloody Shrewsbury a lot of times and soon

You'd be underwhelmed if we singed bleedin Messi, lets see how he performs first before making ridiculous judgements!!!

You were probably moaning about signing Palmer before he'd kicked a ball but he hasn't turned out too bad has he?

Give it a bleedin rest!!

You'd be underwhelmed if we singed bleedin Messi, lets see how he performs first before making ridiculous judgements!!!

You were probably moaning about signing Palmer before he'd kicked a ball but he hasn't turned out too bad has he?

Give it a bleedin rest!!

I wasnt. Dont make facts up. If you cannot discuss the situation as it is then I would suggest that you should 'give it a bleedin rest!'

The situation is you're moaning about signings before they've even kicked a ball. The guy might be the dogs bollocks and just what we need, it's irrelevant that he's come from Wycombe and there could be a whole host of reasons why he's not catching the first team.

If Shez likes him that's good enough for me, let's just give him a chance.....loads of players have come from lower league football and done well. He could be an absolute gem but to write him off before he's played is just plain daft!!!

This is very simply.

Signed Gerrard on top league 1 money and that left very little left in the budget so his options were a kid who hasn't played in the football league or a league 2 striker and give him a chance.

Shola may go to fleetwood, that's because most of their squad is at the lower end of the £ per week so Pressley has cash to play with and can bring in experience.

This is very simply.

Signed Gerrard on top league 1 money and that left very little left in the budget so his options were a kid who hasn't played in the football league or a league 2 striker and give him a chance.

Shola may go to fleetwood, that's because most of their squad is at the lower end of the £ per week so Pressley has cash to play with and can bring in experience.

The situation is you're moaning about signings before they've even kicked a ball. The guy might be the dogs bollocks and just what we need, it's irrelevant that he's come from Wycombe and there could be a whole host of reasons why he's not catching the first team.

If Shez likes him that's good enough for me, let's just give him a chance.....loads of players have come from lower league football and done well. He could be an absolute gem but to write him off before he's played is just plain daft!!!

I am not calling the lad. I think as a squad player he might do ok and I will judge him after I have seen him a couple of times.

He might do the job at Wigan. It is just obvious that we are doing things on the cheap and relegation is becoming more likely by the week.

We needed more influential players immediately.

Hopefully there will be a better signing next week because we need more urgently and we need wins and soon.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I am not calling the lad. I think as a squad player he might do ok and I will judge him after I have seen him a couple of times.

He might do the job at Wigan. It is just obvious that we are doing things on the cheap and relegation is becoming more likely by the week.

We needed more influential players immediately.

Hopefully there will be a better signing next week because we need more urgently and we need wins and soon.

Perhaps we are close to or at the FFP limit, if that's the case we can't spend any more as we may face financial penalties.

We don't know the true facts but as I said earlier Corney could have spent nothing, but at least these signings

( apart from Palmer ) are till the end of the season.

Let's see who this other player is on Monday, we may be pleasantly surprised!

This is very simply.

Not sure if fact or guesswork but the Gerrard thing would make sense. He won't be on top league 1 money given what the likes of Wigan and Sheff Utd can afford but probably our top earner or close. Plus hefty clean sheet and avoid relegation bonuses no doubt. But it was the most important position definitely. If we only score 1 goal a game, that's fine if we're not conceding. Doesn't matter who you have playing for you up front if the defence is conceding 2 comedy goals per game.