Aaron Holloway Signed [Merged]

Loved him clattering in to their left side centre-back. Aggression is something Cassidy just doesn't seem to have in his game.

Or a first touch...

Holloway's performance yesterday was akin to Cassidy's first game at Walsall, I thought. Hopefully he can retain that level.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incoming....

.... did anybody else see a bit of Danny Philliskirk in him albeit less likely to score a goal? :grin:

I certainly didn't notice any similarities, especially Phylly's speciality of standing still while holding a defender off with his arse until someone else nicked the ball off him. Half a game is little early to judge whether he'll be as prolific as Philly.

I'm more than happy seeing Shez bringing in hungry players who have been plying their trade in league 2. They both clearly have something to prove, Shez will have good knowledge having been in the same division for a few years now and surely we've had enough of 19yr old premier league kids, who hide, and past-it strikers like Ameobi, who has never been even close to prolific. Keep it up Shez - Palmer is a joy to watch!

Personally no issue with League 2 players. Been convinced for a long time that whilst there is a discernible gap in the abilities of Premier League to Championship, and Championship to League One - I think that League One and League Two are much of a muchness.

Many teams that come up do well, and many teams that go down continue to struggle. I'd regionalise the two divisions and get more local derbies.

Should work well with Curtis Main.

No way Main should be near to starting with Murphy around. Aside from his half chance he we excellent on Saturday. Showed he is far from just a poacher.

Main has been played on the wing each time I've seen him play.

Edited by NewBlue

Steve eyre-commentating on gmr- has ripped Holloway a new one tonight proper slated him. Was he really that bad? Said he was 3 yard off the pace of the game and should have been subbed at half time

and he wasnt much more positive about Curtis' missed a sitter' Main

Very harsh on Holloway. He bullied their CBs at times and looked like he has a really nice touch. Murphy, seemingly under instructions, was too far from him during the first half. There is a player there if we use him correctly.

If Murph had released the ball earlier first half we'd be having a different conversation now - he still thinks he's playing in league 2 and expects so much time on the ball. I'm guessing Holloway was tiring hence the substitution.

Steve eyre-commentating on gmr- has ripped Holloway a new one tonight proper slated him. Was he really that bad? Said he was 3 yard off the pace of the game and should have been subbed at half time

I like Steve Eyre. Usually talks a lot of common sense. I think this is a bit premature. the lad needs games.