Aaron Holloway Signed [Merged]

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until we serve up several decent chances to any of our strikers...I won't be giving them much stick. A lot of our strikers get abuse when they are fed scraps and :censored:e. Holloway is doing a fine job and with Main a bit closer to him or with better anticipation at times, the two can be a real handle. Having your James Wilsons crossing in the ball for them though...what do folk expect? We need a couple of wingers next season...reckon Holloway would flourish if we supplied him better.

Until we serve up several decent chances to any of our strikers...I won't be giving them much stick. A lot of our strikers get abuse when they are fed scraps and :censored:e. Holloway is doing a fine job and with Main a bit closer to him or with better anticipation at times, the two can be a real handle. Having your James Wilsons crossing in the ball for them though...what do folk expect? We need a couple of wingers next season...reckon Holloway would flourish if we supplied him better.

This, this and this! In the last few games people in the new stand were getting pissed off with James Wilson for not putting in Beckham like crosses, he has shown that he is capable of putting a decent ball in but he is a defender not a naturally attack minded player. Whilst we are relying on players like this to provide our width and balls in to our strikers we are going to struggle to worry opposition defences.

We've had better wide players at times when we've had poorer strikers and vice versa, until we get the right balance of creating chances whilst having players who get in to positions where they can finish we will struggle for goals.

Cassidy played well at Burton and may well get the chance he deserves if Holloways injury is as bad as is feared.

If falling over and running it out of play is deemed as good I wonder what your bad performance is? He's such a poor striker and really shouldn't be at this level. 0 goals in his last 44 games he's participated in.

Croft seems out of favour.

His waistline is a disgrace for a professional footballer.

I agree with the sentiments here I think our build up play has been poor in recent weeks and we are not getting down the sides of teams either as much as we could.

Holloway is the only striker I would really want to keep at the moment I'd be ok if we kept one other, but we need a clear out of strikers. We also need a couple of wingers and creater behind them.

His waistline is a disgrace for a professional footballer.

I agree with the sentiments here I think our build up play has been poor in recent weeks and we are not getting down the sides of teams either as much as we could.

Holloway is the only striker I would really want to keep at the moment I'd be ok if we kept one other, but we need a clear out of strikers. We also need a couple of wingers and creater behind them.

Agreed,none of the strikers can score regularly apart from Murphy,and it's looking like he'll be on his way in the summer.

Try and sign Holloway and get rid of the rest.

Bring in a couple of natural wingers to give us options and release Croft.

Cassidy gets the benefit of a second season for me.

He was injured for a large part of the early season, he's seen 2 managers come and go, a dozen loan players and none of our strikers have been prolific at all.

I'm not saying he will turn out good or great. But he proved he can score goals in this league (albeit a few seasons ago), he's still fairly young. I'd be happy for him to be here for the second year of his deal, under a proper manager and in a more stable team. We've been a bit too quick to write off some players and they've gone on to do well elsewhere. With a bit of confidence and some playing time he might just be a whole new player next season. Y'never know.

Exactly! Even with the significant improvement under Shez, we are still a team that doesn't create many chances.

Several people talk about Murphy being the answer to our goalscoring problems, because he scored quite a few at Crawley.But that was in a team making lots of chances. We need more creativity in midfield/from the wings for us to score more goals. But that's a problem he won't be able to solve until summer.

Agreed,none of the strikers can score regularly apart from Murphy,and it's looking like he'll be on his way in the summer.

Try and sign Holloway and get rid of the rest.

Bring in a couple of natural wingers to give us options and release Croft.

I'm not suggesting we don't sign better strikers and/or wingers in the summer but, even if we didn't, this lot would produce far more chances & goals after a full pre season of Shez coaching them to and instilling in them the fact that it's quite an important part of the game....

Exactly! Even with the significant improvement under Shez, we are still a team that doesn't create many chances.

Several people talk about Murphy being the answer to our goalscoring problems, because he scored quite a few at Crawley.But that was in a team making lots of chances. We need more creativity in midfield/from the wings for us to score more goals. But that's a problem he won't be able to solve until summer.

How many is 'many'?

Holloway had two or three decent chances on Monday, Main had one, Dieng had an easy header...

We could have been five up...

How many is 'many'?

Holloway had two or three decent chances on Monday, Main had one, Dieng had an easy header...

We could have been five up...

Wasn't it Forte with the header? As for what we're doing now, I've no doubt that Shez would have taken an on form goalscorer but he took what he could get and is using it effectively. It's no accident we are scoring from midfield the way we have been setting up

Cassidy gets the benefit of a second season for me.

He was injured for a large part of the early season, he's seen 2 managers come and go, a dozen loan players and none of our strikers have been prolific at all.

I'm not saying he will turn out good or great. But he proved he can score goals in this league (albeit a few seasons ago), he's still fairly young. I'd be happy for him to be here for the second year of his deal, under a proper manager and in a more stable team. We've been a bit too quick to write off some players and they've gone on to do well elsewhere. With a bit of confidence and some playing time he might just be a whole new player next season. Y'never know.

Admire your patience, but don't get your hopes up. You can tell when somebody has ability, and also when somebody doesn't. Ball seems to bounce off him, and he's got virtually no composure. Holloway has made him look really, really bad.

That being said, Cassidy's performance against Walsall must be one of the best by a Latics player this season.

So he does have ability then as shown at Walsall, if you look through the lads career he has been involved in successful teams, he started off great for Tranmere before having his loan cut short, when he got his chance at Wolves he kept Leigh Griffiths and Kevin Doyle out of the team even when he wasn't scoring and similarly impressed Southend fans with his displays without finding the net for them, not sure if he will get his chance with us but it will click for him somewhere in the next season or two. I'd class him as a little unlucky.

So he does have ability then as shown at Walsall, if you look through the lads career he has been involved in successful teams, he started off great for Tranmere before having his loan cut short, when he got his chance at Wolves he kept Leigh Griffiths and Kevin Doyle out of the team even when he wasn't scoring and similarly impressed Southend fans with his displays without finding the net for them, not sure if he will get his chance with us but it will click for him somewhere in the next season or two. I'd class him as a little unlucky.

He's just :censored:, destined to go down as one of our worst ever players.

We've seen nowhere near enough of him to decide whether he's good or :censored:.

That said, we have actually seen him play well.

We've gone through hundreds of players that we've never seen play well...

And he's done well elsewhere in the past. We rarely sign a young player we can say that about....

Given a decent run I'd put my money on him being half decent at worst....

I was impressed with Cassidy the few times I saw him before his injury. He's looked completely off the pace since his return. I wouldn't write him off yet though. His form could return with a good pre season under his belt.

We've seen nowhere near enough of him to decide whether he's good or :censored:.

That said, we have actually seen him play well.

We've gone through hundreds of players that we've never seen play well...

And he's done well elsewhere in the past. We rarely sign a young player we can say that about....

Given a decent run I'd put my money on him being half decent at worst....

I've seen enough to know that he is :censored:.

That Tranmere form is worthless now given how long ago it was.

I was impressed with Cassidy the few times I saw him before his injury. He's looked completely off the pace since his return. I wouldn't write him off yet though. His form could return with a good pre season under his belt.

Ah, the old pre season chestnut.

Do they train completely differently then or summat?