Aaron Holloway Signed [Merged]

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had one decent forward instead of half a dozen half baked :censored:e ones we'd be alright, pay a :censored:ing wage Corney for one quality player or your false economy ideology of running a football club will see us relegated, the new lad Main who came on couldn't even put his socks and shin pads on proper and he's got the job of trying to save us, Holloway was a presense but Murphy was back to his old self playing 50 yards off his strike partner with the touch of an elephant.

Thought he should have done better with an early header but overall felt he did ok.

Touch looked a little shaky at times and felt his movement was reactive rather than creating space for himself to receive to feet. Set against that though he looked strong and provided us with a shape we lacked when Main came on.

Definitely things to work with...

If we had one decent forward instead of half a dozen half baked :censored:e ones we'd be alright, pay a :censored:ing wage Corney for one quality player or your false economy ideology of running a football club will see us relegated, the new lad Main who came on couldn't even put his socks and shin pads on proper and he's got the job of trying to save us, Holloway was a presense but Murphy was back to his old self playing 50 yards off his strike partner with the touch of an elephant.

Tim Cahill has just has his contract terminated in China. He is 36, but still knows where the net is (1 in 2 games for Australia). How much for a 3 month contract?

Steve eyre-commentating on gmr- has ripped Holloway a new one tonight proper slated him. Was he really that bad? Said he was 3 yard off the pace of the game and should have been subbed at half time

Proper biased commentary from what I heard. They were laughing at latics defence early on, clearly didn't do that badly cause they kept a clean sheet. Steve eyre just pissed he can't get a job, so slates us to get him through the day.

Proper biased commentary from what I heard. They were laughing at latics defence early on, clearly didn't do that badly cause they kept a clean sheet. Steve eyre just pissed he can't get a job, so slates us to get him through the day.

I didn't hear his commentary last night.

But Steve Eyre is usually pretty insightful with his views on the game.

Holloway isn't gonna score the goals we need to keep us up. He found his level in Wycombe's reserves. Ridiculous signing.

Going for the cheapest possible option is going to do for us in the end

He's done ok, if he has a positive impact and chips in with 4-5 goals between now and May then job done.

Holloway isn't gonna score the goals we need to keep us up. He found his level in Wycombe's reserves. Ridiculous signing.

Disagree that Holloway is a ridiculous signing. Looks decent to me, would be useful in either dicision next season.

Can't agree. Holloway is here as the foil for the other strikers. He isn't going to get the goals to keep us up but he'll have done his job if he allows Murphy and Forte (and possibly even Main and Poleon) to get a good amount between now and May.

I'm more convinced that Holloway will be useful to us than I am about Poleon and Main.

Disagree that Holloway is a ridiculous signing. Looks decent to me, would be useful in either dicision next season.

I find it astonishing you can pass comment on a player you havent physically watched with your own eyes..

When was the last game you actually went too...

Forever preaching are you the new bondline1

Holloway will be a good signing when put up front with someone with the pace to play off him. Murphy hasn't got it he was playing with cement on his boots last night that lad. I don't like seeing forte upfront but I think him and Holloway could work well together both quick powerful and can both win stuff in the air to mix it up.

Holloway will be a good signing when put up front with someone with the pace to play off him. Murphy hasn't got it he was playing with cement on his boots last night that lad. I don't like seeing forte upfront but I think him and Holloway could work well together both quick powerful and can both win stuff in the air to mix it up.

Forte doesn't win headers, falls over if someone looks at him.

Murphy is the best finisher we have, being played too deep IMO.

The lad isn't quick enough releasing the ball at league 1 level. It's easier in league 2 the pace is slower which is why he scored goals but at this time he isn't right for us. If you have been to the last two games you would of seen forte winning a fair few headers.

The lad isn't quick enough releasing the ball at league 1 level. It's easier in league 2 the pace is slower which is why he scored goals but at this time he isn't right for us. If you have been to the last two games you would of seen forte winning a fair few headers.

There is no difference between division three and division four.