Anthony Gerrard

2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Shez doing a Q&A tonight and has told fans he will have a right sided centre half in the next few days...

Is this the same Shez who, this time last year said we'd have a goalkeeper for the start of the season but got 2 clowns instead? :)

Guest Stanley30

Disgrace of a pro, way to fat and unfit. Get rid and let’s put the older and fitter Clarke next to two young guns

Edited by Stanley30

A key figure during our survivals under Shez but his ability has declined a lot this year (in my opinion). Even if it hadn’t I would’ve still got rid due to his injury record. With Stott, Graham, Clarke, Hamer and Edmundon all available in that position he is clearly surplus to requirements - let’s bring in a decent striker with his wage.

Good luck at Carlisle Anthony and cheers for your service.

• Like 1

I think he did a job for us particularly first time round.  IMO he tightened up a leaky defence and helped us stay up.  However, last season he was part of a disgruntled group, probably with good reason if rumours are believed, which resulted in relegation.   We have strength in this area and so probably the right time for both parties to move on.  His wage is better spent strengthening the forward line for me.  Good luck to him if he does go to Carlisle.  

37 minutes ago, Ryan said:

A key figure during our survivals under Shez but his ability has declined a lot this year (in my opinion). Even if it hadn’t I would’ve still got rid due to his injury record. With Stott, Graham, Clarke, Hamer and Edmundon all available in that position he is clearly surplus to requirements - let’s bring in a decent striker with his wage.

Good luck at Carlisle Anthony and cheers for your service.

Agree with all of this

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, super_blue said:

I think we’ll hear a few backroom truths via his twitter account if he does go...can’t imagine him keeping his mouth shut if Davies didn’t. 

(Unless the parting company agreement has a disclaimer attached to it) 

‘Truths’

4 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Quite liked Gerrard (and Davies). 

Would be interested in seeing what the general consensus was 6 months ago when we got rid of "legs have gone" Clarke and kept AG. 

Clarke has returned lean and fit.  Early season friendlies would indicate he is back something like the player of 2 seasons ago.  If I had to choose, I would go with Clarke who seems more of a role model and the type of character required  to move the club forward both on and off the pitch.  Gerrard has been a decent servant, particularly for Shez, but time for him to move on and free up a wage.

Just now, Whitts said:

Clarke has returned lean and fit.  Early season friendlies would indicate he is back something like the player of 2 seasons ago.  If I had to choose, I would go with Clarke who seems more of a role model and the type of character required  to move the club forward both on and off the pitch.  Gerrard has been a decent servant, particularly for Shez, but time for him to move on and free up a wage.

Has Clarke ever been out of shape tho?

After the Sun article and mail article and after what Davies has said I'd say that its unlikely Gerrard is going to tell us anything that we don't already know in this regard.

I'm at a point where I think we know what went on last season and I'd like to give Lemsagam a clean slate ahead of this season, and hope we can put right what went wrong last season and go for promotion.

Edited by GlossopLatic

7 minutes ago, robboman said:

Has Clarke ever been out of shape tho?

Clarke has  looked good in pre season.  Its my opinion of course, but I think we have enough strength at centre back that we can offload Gerrard. Clarke offers more for me both on and off the field and the right character to mentor the younger players.  I would say that neither come close to the qualities offered by Gregan in his spell at the club.  However that was the past and it is the coming season that matters now and getting a team together to get us promoted.  I wish him well if he moves on and hope the saved wage will allow us to bring in a decent striker instead.

2 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Clarke has  looked good in pre season.  Its my opinion of course, but I think we have enough strength at centre back that we can offload Gerrard. Clarke offers more for me both on and off the field and the right character to mentor the younger players.  I would say that neither come close to the qualities offered by Gregan in his spell at the club.  However that was the past and it is the coming season that matters now and getting a team together to get us promoted.  I wish him well if he moves on and hope the saved wage will allow us to bring in a decent striker instead.

Fair post I was just saying that shape isn't the end all and be all for a defender, hence the gregan reference