• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Mark_83 said:

Probably a lot of truth on this, he’s been liking posts to do with Wigan on twitter after the cup win they had. Shame! 

From former Portsmouth team mates who just beat a premier league side. 

Also like a shef Wed tweet....

I feel dirty for checking...

10 minutes ago, Mark_83 said:

Probably a lot of truth on this, he’s been liking posts to do with Wigan on twitter after the cup win they had. Shame! 

To be fair, it was only 2.

1 was Gary Roberts, the other Noel Hunt.

Noel Hunt is a fellow Irishman and they played together at Portsmouth

Gary Roberts and him have played 70+ games together at Portsmouth and Chesterfield.

He like both Kean's and Gerrards tweets too, so number same.

The guy who said he was training with Wigan, replied to Alan Nixon with this tweet in Sept when Wigan  were in talks with an unattached player:

David Phillips @davephillips590

Kolo Toure. Been told off one of the players

1:57 PM - 10 Sep 2017

but also this  this to give him credit
David Phillips @davephillips590

Replying to @reluctantnicko

Heard James Vaughan from Sunderland

on 29th December

And he does a HELL of a lot of betting tweets on Number 1 at Christmas, winner X factor, CBB crap like that.

Wigan now have Grigg and Vaughan ! Will he want to leave 1 championship team , where he can’t get a game , to go to another team (heading for the championship ) to also not get games ? Or would he rather come to a club where he knows he’s the star player and has already scored goals , in a team that is setup to help him score more ? 

Everyone stop panicking he’s coming back to his adopted home ! I only hope that despite what a respectable poster on here says , that it’s permanent. 

19 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Wigan now have Grigg and Vaughan ! Will he want to leave 1 championship team , where he can’t get a game , to go to another team (heading for the championship ) to also not get games ? Or would he rather come to a club where he knows he’s the star player and has already scored goals , in a team that is setup to help him score more ? 

Everyone stop panicking he’s coming back to his adopted home ! I only hope that despite what a respectable poster on here says , that it’s permanent. 

Or a team that will offer him more money?

14 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Yes agreed and he always posts fair and sensible medical stuff based upon his own experience. 

I think we’re at crossed purposes. An actual doctor will know what Doyle should and shouldn’t be doing if they know exactly what is wrong with him. Otherwise, it’s guesswork. 

Wellens said we had a deal agreed to get a striker in on loan but another club in the same division came in and offered to pay 100% of his wages which blew us out of the water. Said he has had to change his targets as a result.

It'll be a big loss if he doesn't come back.

The only plus side is out of the 3 loanees we've managed to retain two. I'd have probably taken Doyle on loan ahead of Bryan. Hopefully we don't fuck around and bring in a suitable replacement, but given our track record of signing goalscoring strikers it's hard not to be pessimistic. 

Obviously it would be gutting if we couldn't get him back.  Not convinced that any replacement we get will be on par with him.

From his side, I can totally understand him moving for the money but in all other aspects it strikes me as being a sideways move from Preston.  Grigg and Vaughan would be able to do the lone striker role better than he would and if they get promoted (which seems likely) they are likely to sign other strikers who are better prospects in the Championship.

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They came in for him at the end of last week. It was all agreed for him to come back here and then they got involved. There is still hope for us, but Wigan are a much better option than we are. One thing in our favour could be guaranteed game time...

Tallies with what Wellens said in his press conference last week about having a loan deal agreed for a striker only for another club in the division to come in and offer to cover 100% of his wages, which we can't compete with.I'd think our only hope would be Doyle digging his heels in because he wants to play every week. Can't see that happening at Wigan.

for clarification when Doyle goes to Wigan are we all saying he went there because PNE took the best offer of 100% wage covered and he didn't have a choice?

if so why did Ripley simply pick Burton of the Championship over Oldham without any say from Boro?

2 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

for clarification when Doyle goes to Wigan are we all saying he went there because PNE took the best offer of 100% wage covered and he didn't have a choice?

if so why did Ripley simply pick Burton of the Championship over Oldham without any say from Boro?

Sounds like he's got the choice if we had deal agreed.

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Sounds like he's got the choice if we had deal agreed.

How does it?

Wellens says a club blew us out of the water. if that relates to Doyle then it seems no deal was in place and then someone offering PNE not Doyle more money which PNE took.

As a business why would you let him choose? 

'We have 2 offers. Wigan are offering to cover 100% of your wage Eion but Oldham are offering £250 quid for every appearance. What would you prefer because that's what matters?' ?

I don't see how him going to Wigan to be 3rd choice striker is a good move for Preston other than the short term benefit of more of his wages being covered.  He'll still be their player in the summer but won't have played after January so his value will be a lot less.

Archived