3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Moisley said on Radio Manchester that the deal was done. He spoke to Preston's chairman last night and everything was agreed. ED was going to be at the ground today and the game tomorrow, but he couldn't make it. He will however be in on Monday to sign till the end of the season.

So why preston denying a deal is in place? Something doesn't add up

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Moisley said on Radio Manchester that the deal was done. He spoke to Preston's chairman last night and everything was agreed. ED was going to be at the ground today and the game tomorrow, but he couldn't make it. He will however be in on Monday to sign till the end of the season.

Did he have to make a phone call?

22 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm sure it's been mentioned earlier in this thread, but the with/without stats for Doyle are staggering.

With:  W7 D6 L4 - 27 points from 17 games.

Without:  W0 D2 L11 - 2 points from 13 games

Never seen a player make that much difference before.

I suppose it depends if the manager of said player has the team set-up to play to his strengths. There tends to be a linchpin player in successful teams, be it a defender, a midfielder or a striker...maybe Doyle was just that.

Attack is the first line of defence.

46 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I suppose it depends if the manager of said player has the team set-up to play to his strengths. There tends to be a linchpin player in successful teams, be it a defender, a midfielder or a striker...maybe Doyle was just that.

Attack is the first line of defence.

It's interesting.  I really wasn't certain on who our most important loanee was when they were all about to leave, because Bryan and Byrne also play important roles in the team.  But they clearly aren't as crucial to us winning as Doyle is.

10 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It's interesting.  I really wasn't certain on who our most important loanee was when they were all about to leave, because Bryan and Byrne also play important roles in the team.  But they clearly aren't as crucial to us winning as Doyle is.

Then perhaps Doyle is the missing piece in the jigsaw that the three players make, which is essentially the strong spine of a good team.

15 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

We clearly are missing Doyle but had he been on the pitch yesterday he wouldnt have stopped the 2 goals that went in.

If hed played yesterday we would still have lost IMO and he cant do anything about it until March its upto the rest of the players to step up and start delivering. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think that we may find that Doyle makes a miracle recovery, and plays for us very soon. Here's hoping :)

We clearly are missing Doyle but had he been on the pitch yesterday he wouldnt have stopped the 2 goals that went in.

If hed played yesterday we would still have lost IMO and he cant do anything about it until March its upto the rest of the players to step up and start delivering. 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

If Doyle had played yesterday we would have won the game. *

(*) FACT

On 27/01/2018 at 9:22 AM, robboman said:

So why preston denying a deal is in place? Something doesn't add up

I’m guessing because everything depends on medical clearance - if he has not got clearance to play I doubt that the club would get insurance clearance for a transfer. 

21 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Doyle is a striker not a defender....we had enough chances to put a couple away, and win the game

23 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

They might not have been as adventurous as they were to score the goals had they had Doyle to worry about at the other end 

Archived