13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hang on. Forest Green were going to let us have their star striker and were happy for us only to pay towards 20 percent of his wages...?

Cash offer, was not enough. Same agent as Rhys Murphy our offer started a bidding war

JET on £16k a week and a tasty bonus structure too non starter 

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Does anyone else either hum or sing the Doyle chant to themselves every time they open this thread ? 

Nope but Abba's Money Money Money if he's off to the plastics.I will be gutted if he goes there and warms the bench.

6 hours ago, deyres42 said:

See Bozmans post.

You seem fixated on the idea that clubs get to tell players where to go when it hasn't been that way for about 25 years.

Fixated because I 've mentioned it twice...

Preston decide if he goes on loan. They decide if Oldham is an option not Doyle

He may want to join Oldham over Wigan but if we don't offer enough PNE can tell him Wigan or their reserves or even no football.

You're working on the basis we are offering the same deal. We aren't!

1 minute ago, palmer1 said:

Fixated because I 've mentioned it twice...

Preston decide if he goes on loan. They decide if Oldham is an option not Doyle

He may want to join Oldham over Wigan but if we don't offer enough PNE can tell him Wigan or their reserves or even no football.

You're working on the basis we are offering the same deal. We aren't!

Twice today maybe.

If he doesn't want to go to Wigan or anyone else then he won't.

Ripley made intentions clear when leaving Oldham, get in the Middlesborough team or join another Championship side.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Twice today maybe.

Ripley made intentions clear when leaving Oldham, get in the Middlesborough team or join another Championship side.

Once today which you replied to ?

if PNE don't want him come to Oldham he wont same with any other team. As his employer they decide if he kicks a ball again this season.

Burton also accepted an offer from Burton, they did not from Oldham.

On which subject - interesting that strikers in Shez sides usually get a decent return and he signed two strikers who are on 13 and 15 in January, one of whom hasn't played for a month.... 

I hope Richie/Corney/Abdallah are on decent enough terms to tap him up for a couple of recommendations.... 

3 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Once today which you replied to ?

if PNE don't want him come to Oldham he wont same with any other team. As his employer they decide if he kicks a ball again this season.

Burton also accepted an offer from Burton, they did not from Oldham.

Ah, you're doing that daft thing again when you divert from the original point ???

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Ah, you're doing that daft thing again when you divert from the original point ???

Again? I'd love to know when I've ever done it.

The original point being PNE decide....covered in my previous post!

23 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Again? I'd love to know when I've ever done it.

The original point being PNE decide....covered in my previous post!

Imagine if you bumped into each other in the pub, had a really great time, became best friends, then asked each other what your user id was on owtb...

24 minutes ago, Fergie said:

He’s out to feckin late Feb March folks let’s just park Doyle and look elsewhere. 

Seems strange to me when we could be down by the time he returns, unlikely I know but February looks a huge month for us with some real six pointers, its all looking a bit Shez/Ripley at the start of this season to me and attention needs diverting to getting other targets in and scoring goals before its too late.

10 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Twice today maybe.

That turned out well

Archived