7 wins...where will they come from?

1 hour ago, stevesidg said:

We’ll be fine, if we continue to grind out results when not playing brilliantly 

though possibly saved by Dale and MK Dons, plus 2 others

I have a feeling that Bury will scramble clear

People keep saying this and it puzzles me. Where is the evidence for a massive turnaround?

They’ll need 25 to 28 points from 16 games. That’s top 4 form.

Edited by kowenicki

40 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

People keep saying this and it puzzles me. Where is the evidence for a massive turnaround?

They’ll need 25 to 28 points from 16 games. That’s top 4 form.

Agreed.

When we were really in the shit, shez had us much closer to getting out of it than Bury are now. 

Their resurrection needed to start under lucketti. He still had enough games then. 

Ten points off safety with 14 games left, they need at least 8/9 wins out of that. . It ain’t happening. 

Edited by League one forever

21 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Sang it with some gusto v Southampton in 1993. Seemed justifiable 

Stoke away, Victoria ground, FA Cup 4th round reply, 1994..... we were 1-0 up, Beckford [ex Port Vale - they were giving him loads].... they'd battered us for a long period. Toddy Orlygsson, playing for them, had hit the crossbar and someone else the post. It was like the Alamo at the back. We were stood on a terrace behind the goal with their fans on the top tier seats [family stand? - see below] throwing coins and spitting at us.... they all began singing "Going down"..... I started [to my pleasure at the time] singing "We are Premier League" back to our Div1/Championship hosts, which every Latics fan in the ground joined in with. They began filing out of the ground shortly after.... Lovely experience.

victoria-ground-stoke-city-sentinel-stand2.jpg

Edited by lookersstandandy

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Stoke away, Victoria ground, FA Cup 4th round reply, 1994..... we were 1-0 up, Beckford [ex Port Vale - they were giving him loads].... they'd battered us for a long period. Toddy Orlygsson, playing for them, had hit the crossbar and someone else the post. It was like the Alamo at the back. We were stood on a terrace behind the goal with their fans on the top tier throwing coins and spitting at us.... they all began singing "Going down"..... I started [to my pleasure at the time] singing "We are Premier Leaue" back to our Div1/Championship hosts, which every Latics fan in the ground joined in with. They began filing out of the ground shortly after.... Lovely experience.

Remember this game, we did get battered and still won

went into a pub before game and it was like a scene from the America Werewolf when I ordered drinks everyone just went silent and stared at me and my dad, probably the worst experience I’ve had as a latics fan was at that game with all the shit being thrown at us

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 3:33 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

I still really don't fancy us. I don't think there is anyone in the squad who will drag us out of the shit...

Feel better now? We've all missed your positivity dragging us from the depths of despair.

Kudos for the scoop on Doyle behind closed doors game too.

6 hours ago, singe said:

Feel better now? We've all missed your positivity dragging us from the depths of despair.

Kudos for the scoop on Doyle behind closed doors game too.

Yep. Wellens has done well recently. We looked like we were heading only one way after the Plymouth game, and Wellens looked like he was on suicide watch, but he has turned it around over the past few games and Gerrard has stepped up to the mark as skipper. 

If McEleney has something about him, and Doyle continues to hit the ground running, we will probably have our safety confirmed with 3 or 4 games remaining...

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep. Wellens has done well recently. We looked like we were heading only one way after the Plymouth game, and Wellens looked like he was on suicide watch, but he has turned it around over the past few games and Gerrard has stepped up to the mark as skipper. 

If McEleney has something about him, and Doyle continues to hit the ground running, we will probably have our safety confirmed with 3 or 4 games remaining...

That, and finishing higher than 17th,  would be significant progress for me. 

The way RW can turn things round quickly, motivate the team, and make good tactical decisions had been the difference for me from worry to confidence over nearly all the managers for the past decade. 

5 hours ago, singe said:

That, and finishing higher than 17th,  would be significant progress for me. 

The way RW can turn things round quickly, motivate the team, and make good tactical decisions had been the difference for me from worry to confidence over nearly all the managers for the past decade. 

All those knocking him a few games back have gone surprisingly quiet, he will make mistakes no doubt about it but there's no denying he can get them to play and more importantly the players seem to enjoy playing for him.

Edited by yarddog73

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

All those knocking him a few games back have gone surprisingly quiet, he will make mistakes no doubt about it but there's no denying he can get them to play and more importantly the players seem to enjoy playing for him.

Well that just isn't true. I was knocking him a few weeks ago. I said in a post further up the thread he has done well recently...

• 2 weeks later...

Walsall being called off is not good. 

Most around us play once or twice before we play again which is at the plastics and I don't fancy us to get anything there. 

Recon we could be in the bottom 3 after that unfortunately and really under pressure. 

Some massive games coming up we simply have to win.....hold on to your hats time I think! 

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Interesting article in Plymouth Herald, has us finishing 20th with 52 points.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/super-computers-league-one-prediction-1435047

Who knows what will happen, but I've seen worse predictions. 

Our run in is easy on  paper, but will our ptich hold up?

Can we get a couple of wins?

Can Eoin regain his scoring form?

A week tommorow may have things quite a bit clearer, positively or negatively.

Just now, Ryan said:

Has us down as losing to Dale, beating Southend and drawing our other 5 games.

Not sure where they get beating southend from, other than they are like unlikely to have anything to play for. I'm not that confident in our ability!