7 wins...where will they come from?

12 minutes ago, leeslover said:

The pitch argument only holds water if we are a much better passing side than the teams we are against. You'd have to do some cherry picking to back that up.

I was just going off results when it was a bowling green and when it was a bog. Probably the same cherry picking I guess.

27 minutes ago, leeslover said:

The pitch argument only holds water if we are a much better passing side than the teams we are against. You'd have to do some cherry picking to back that up.

The pitch definitely holds water but having just come back from a golf wekend in the driest part of the country where a scuba diving outfit would have been of more use than a seven iron it's not unique to Latics

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The pitch definitely holds water but having just come back from a golf wekend in the driest part of the country where a scuba diving outfit would have been of more use than a seven iron it's not unique to Latics

St Osyth?

22 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

St Osyth?

Augusta?

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but as this thread is looking at our survival hopes it seems relevant.

Every year I tell myself not to get involved in end of season predictions. Every year it seems we're fighting relegation and so here we go again. I need to get out more.

17th (where else) Latics 55pts

18th                        Walsall 53

19th                        Oxford 52

20th                Wimbledon 52

21st                 Rochdale    49

22nd                Franchise   49

23rd             Northampton 41

24th                        Bury      34

FWIW, I've got us beating Gillingham and Northampton, and drawing with Rochdale, Wimbledon, Southend and Doncaster.

I really tried not to be biased, but I was surprised to see us come out that safe!!

3 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere but as this thread is looking at our survival hopes it seems relevant.

Every year I tell myself not to get involved in end of season predictions. Every year it seems we're fighting relegation and so here we go again. I need to get out more.

17th (where else) Latics 55pts

18th                        Walsall 53

19th                        Oxford 52

20th                Wimbledon 52

21st                 Rochdale    49

22nd                Franchise   49

23rd             Northampton 41

24th                        Bury      34

FWIW, I've got us beating Gillingham and Northampton, and drawing with Rochdale, Wimbledon, Southend and Doncaster.

I really tried not to be biased, but I was surprised to see us come out that safe!!

You think we will lose 1 of our last 6 games then ? 

The only thing we have in our favour is that the teams below us are slightly worse than us. With Doyle bryne and Bryan (before getting injured) throw in gerrard, davies, hollaway we should be better than we are. Questions have to be asked of wellens. The first 3 are a great spine of a team!

35 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

How many of the 7 wins have we got?  How many should we have had?  I no longer feel as confident as I did.

Since that target was set, we’ve won 4, drawn 4 and lost two. Off the opening poster’s hit list we drew against bury and Walsall but we did get a bonus win at scunny.

Edited by johnafoafc

2 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Some very interesting games down at the bottom in League 1 this weekend... I’m looking at them and I couldn’t possibly tell you what results I’d want from them. 

So so many teams play each other. 

Well, you want Bury to drag Northampton down with them

Doncaster to knock twenty past MK

Obviously Oldham to stuff Gillingham

Peterborough to do Rochdale

Southend to beat Oxford

Walsall to paste Wimbledon.

I suspect they won't all happen though...

Edited by OldhamSheridan

1 hour ago, OldhamSheridan said:

Southend to beat Oxford

This would do very nicely, but I agree with your suspicion.

Edited by frizzell54

On 13/04/2018 at 2:47 PM, OldhamSheridan said:

Southend to beat Oxford

Hope you haven't got a bet on the National! 

On 09/04/2018 at 4:42 PM, frizzell54 said:

Interesting article in Plymouth Herald, has us finishing 20th with 52 points.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/super-computers-league-one-prediction-1435047

This prediction - here is the direct link to where the latest table can be found 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/league-table/predicted

- gives a good view of the impact of yesterday's result.  The Latics draw, as with the Walsall result, matched the prediction on this site.  The forecast for their remaining five matches - one win (Southend); one loss (Dale) and three draws - has not changed.  The points total is still therefore 52.  What has altered is the projected final position - from 20th at the time of the above post and 19th after the Walsall match to 21st and relegated now.  Wimbledon and Dale both outperformed their forecasts yesterday and hence have moved up.

As yesterday illutrated however the forecasts of individual results are far from reliable.  I think the real lesson is that who gets relegated is currently just too close to call.  The main point from the Latics perspective is that currently it is still in their hands.  I am just hoping that this is still the case this time next week.