Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HarryBosch

Mods - Tarky

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Thought Tarky had as good an England debut as I have witnessed.One thing that stood out to me was in the tunnel pre-match he spoke at length with the

mascot, a real two-way conversation which must had made the little lad's night. It's a refreshing change from the usual premiership footballer's pathetic attempts at "connecting" with fans. As my Grandma used to say " It's nice to be important, but important to be nice". Anyway Tarky has confirmed my impression that he's a thoroughly nice lad and I hope he goes far !

And it was never a penalty!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

And it was never a penalty!!

 

It was according to our fantastic United fan groundsman. Seemed like he couldn’t wait for something like that to happen to Tarky.

 

Probably hates us after getting a bit of stick for our embarrassing pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Thought Tarky had as good an England debut as I have witnessed.One thing that stood out to me was in the tunnel pre-match he spoke at length with the

mascot, a real two-way conversation which must had made the little lad's night. It's a refreshing change from the usual premiership footballer's pathetic attempts at "connecting" with fans. As my Grandma used to say " It's nice to be important, but important to be nice". Anyway Tarky has confirmed my impression that he's a thoroughly nice lad and I hope he goes far !

 

"I'm not being funny mate, but I was really hoping to have Harry Kane or Dele Alli"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 8:26 PM, Dave_Og said:

That's what £50m gets you these days 

Reports that Liverpool are sizing up a bid for Tarky and that the above is Burnley’s price tag. No doubt a chunk would work it’s way back to Brentford through a sell on clause. But not Latics. Again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Reports that Liverpool are sizing up a bid for Tarky and that the above is Burnley’s price tag. No doubt a chunk would work it’s way back to Brentford through a sell on clause. But not Latics. Again. 

Can’t see it myself at that price. 

 

In terms of the sell on clause (that Corney famously sold for peanuts of its actual eventual value) we only had a clause based on the sale of him from Brentford which was the sale to Burnley. We wouldn’t have had a sell on for every move he makes in his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Can’t see it myself at that price. 

 

In terms of the sell on clause (that Corney famously sold for peanuts of its actual eventual value) we only had a clause based on the sale of him from Brentford which was the sale to Burnley. We wouldn’t have had a sell on for every move he makes in his career. 

I can’t see it either but we’d almost certainly have been in line for a slice of anything Brentford receive if it did happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Can’t see it myself at that price. 

 

In terms of the sell on clause (that Corney famously sold for peanuts of its actual eventual value) we only had a clause based on the sale of him from Brentford which was the sale to Burnley. We wouldn’t have had a sell on for every move he makes in his career. 

It would all depend on how the clause was worded and crucially would also hinge on Brentford inserting a sell on clause when he was sold to Burnley. So theoretically we would have been in line for ?20% of Brentford’s cut. A few years ago, Dale received about £100k IIRC when Rickie Lambert joined Liverpool as Bristol Rovers (who signed him from Dale) had also inserted a sell on clause when he’d joined Southampton. Anyway we’ll never know, thanks Simon.

Edited by johnafoafc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How scouting has changed

 

Saw this video the other day on youtube and it shows how data analysis is changing the way players are recruited.

 

It highlights Tarkowski and the main reason why he was recruited by Dyche was because they looked at the statistics and say how many aerial duels Tarkowski won. I hope we are using things like this when we are looking at recruiting players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

How scouting has changed

 

Saw this video the other day on youtube and it shows how data analysis is changing the way players are recruited.

 

It highlights Tarkowski and the main reason why he was recruited by Dyche was because they looked at the statistics and say how many aerial duels Tarkowski won. I hope we are using things like this when we are looking at recruiting players.

 

Stats like that are weird:

 

 

Edited by josh_latics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

 

Stats like that are weird:

 

 

 

Well you don't look at 1 stat alone do you. You look at the whole package, Burnley clearly saw he was a good footballing centre back  which we saw when he was here. But they also needed their CBs to win headers, they saw the data and realised Tarky was good at that too hence why they bought him, and he was a food fit for them.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 8:19 AM, longtimeblue said:

No biggy anyway. We'll be quids in as soon as someone realises Michah Richards' true worth. Any day now.

Turns out Corney flogged that one too. And then spent years hoping he wasn't sold so Blitz wouldn't find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Turns out Corney flogged that one too. And then spent years hoping he wasn't sold so Blitz wouldn't find out.

Is that a true story?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leeslover said:

Turns out Corney flogged that one too. And then spent years hoping he wasn't sold so Blitz wouldn't find out.

 

Confirmed to the trust? Shrewd as fuck as it turns out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

 

Confirmed to the trust? Shrewd as fuck as it turns out.

 

More like desperate and got lucky...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, longtimeblue said:

 

True story though? 

 

Yep.....which is presumably what influenced the same behaviour on Tarky..... but with comparatively catastrophic consequences.....

Edited by lookersstandandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Yep.....which is presumably what influenced the same behaviour on Tarky..... but with comparatively catastrophic consequences.....

 

The amount of internet space that topic cost the mods an all. Fewmin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Any joy on saying what year this happened? How much was it worth?

 

I don’t know the answer to either of those questions.... only that it happened. I was informed in the same season Richards was running his contract down before leaving for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×