League 2 activity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bury fans have held aloft banners at matches mocking both Blackpool and Bolton for their ownership issues. They’ve financed this year’s promotion with unsustainable debts so they’ll be out of business very soon with a bit of luck. Scummy club who deserve everything that’s coming to them.

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Bury fans have held aloft banners at matches mocking both Blackpool and Bolton for their ownership issues. They’ve financed this year’s promotion with unsustainable debts so they’ll be out of business very soon with a bit of luck. Scummy club who deserve everything that’s coming to them.

Be a laugh if the EFL pulled its tripe out and gave them the same points deduction as Birmingham. 

I don't think they will even if they could. 

If you look at Bury, Lincoln, Barnsley, Luton and even Sheffield United this season, I just keep thinking why not us?!

Granted two of these had much larger budgets than us but all these were lower than us on a number of seasons during the last 17 years.  So many missed opportunities for us - wrong choice of manager, players failing to live up to expectation and only two glimmers with Shez’s first tenure and Lee Johnson.

Whilst it’s almost inevitable we will now spend a number of seasons in this basement league and our fears about Lemsagam will be proven without doubt, there is that faint hope that he’ll prove us all wrong and deliver on his promises of bringing success to our club.  I need it after 30+ years as a fan.

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Love u Jorvik, but know you’re right! Unless there is a crazy goal swing ! CHEATS! It’s not right , they will be back down or bust!

They’re actually definitely promoted. Mansfield play MK Dons so only 1 of them can take the last auto spot along with Bury and Lincoln. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Dont they have tighter financial restrictions now they're EFL? 

Yep.

They’ll dodge it by having one of Gary N’s other companies signing a massive sponsorship deal no doubt. 

6 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Maybe, but blink and you’ll miss them as they go racing past us up the league. 

Nah. I don’t think they’ll go any higher. Something will have to be done to stop them cheating financially. And as we’ve witnessed today at an embarrassingly empty Wembley they don’t have the support to push on fairly. 

‘Turnover’ at L1/L2 level includes donations from the owners. Absolute myth that there’s any kind of meaningful financial regulations outside the Championship, Salford’s owners will simply continue spending as they have been in the pub leagues.

56 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Nah. I don’t think they’ll go any higher. Something will have to be done to stop them cheating financially. And as we’ve witnessed today at an embarrassingly empty Wembley they don’t have the support to push on fairly. 

Can’t see it stopping 

29 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

And will they buy some support then too ? 

They were quite happy singing their utd songs today, I imagine they'll inherit quite a few of SCUM's fanbase given they've been relegated

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

People used to say that about Wigan.

Archived