Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

Michael Clegg had played in the Champions League and Michael Ricketts had an England cap

Not within 3 months of joining us had they .... plus Michael Clegg wasn't that bad and even Ricketts record was 2 in 8.

4 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

Michael Clegg had played in the Champions League and Michael Ricketts had an England cap

Could be wrong but I think Kendai Benyu had as well. 

1 minute ago, oafcshuck said:

Not within 3 months of joining us had they .... plus Michael Clegg wasn't that bad and even Ricketts record was 2 in 8.

Youd think Vera would be better then if he was Champions League standard when he joined 🙄

20 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

If anyone fancies sponsoring him...

ashleigh.poxon@oldhamathletic.co.uk

god this club makes me piss 😂😂😂 wonder if you can sponsor him to rip the contract up

"hi, my catering company Fuck Off Out Of Our Club Lemmy would like to sponsor Urko Vera's bootlaces." 

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Explain the re-signing of Urko Vera then, come on.... we're all ears..... 

giphy.gif

What!? You need help pal. Get out more or something. 

I don’t need to explain it.  Bad/poor players get signed all the time. 

You need to finally show some balls and say what you suspect.  

(“We’re all ears”.... that explains a lot... “voices in my head!”) 😂

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I don't know if he does.... but if he did, he's only out of pocket personally if costs are larger than revenue and he's not running up debt via loans.

I'd suggest he's out of pocket if he's runnning up loans as I can't imagine how they will be repaid.

56 minutes ago, League one forever said:

There is no way on gods green earth league/tv/gate covers wages IMO. I don’t think any average fan (me included) realises how much shit players are paid, never mind your better players. There is a reason most league one/two clubs pay players late. . . 

In addition to this he’s appointed numerous staff recently. Trips to Morroco for 30 +plus arent cheap. He’s beaten other clubs for wages. He’s announced plans for investment in the training ground.   I’ve no idea who is paying for all this but If it is AL there is no way he’s making money or breaking even.

My worry is for the club as a whole- There is money going into the club, but the worry as you say is it in the form of loans? IF it is AL’s money, then sit back and put the cricket on. His money. His club. 

Read this.... the last time we submitted our accounts [16/17], we lost £472k..... other, better run clubs, break even or make a profit..... it is his club, he can do what he wants with it.... but if what he does with it is overspend on substandard footballers for our level, without covering the losses with his own money, we'll be heading for non-league or administration / liquidation, while his agent acquaintances make some [you can speculate on the scale] money from the deals they strike with him/us......

29 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Rather have Vera than Taylor back

I'd just really like us to sign a few half decent players to make us competitive, neither should be considered given their recent stints at the club, I honestly think we must be clutching at straws and on the arse end of a few refusals to be even considering some of the recent signings, honestly this club is going down this season I've never been more certain given the shitshow it's become.

Archived