Transfer Rumours

57 minutes ago, Gers fan said:

Not what I wanted to read. Our crowd will be on his back if his distribution is poor.

53 minutes ago, Gers fan said:

Thanks for the assessment. You seem to contradict another comment re his passing. Lack of pace will be a hindrance for us given how far up we usually hold the line.

50 minutes ago, Gers fan said:

Cheers. You reckon he has a strong mentality? He good with the ball at his feet? Stockley didn’t exactly set the heather on fire for Aberdeen.

43 minutes ago, Gers fan said:

Cheers for the thorough assessment. Sounds like he has good raw attributes and is a good pro. I’m concerned about his ability to get too tight and get turned. That’s the style of forward Celtic have. If he gets off to a decent start I’m hopeful he’ll do well.

George finished mid table in League Two, you support a Scotch team - why are you using verbiage usually found on places like Arsenal Fan TV? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gers fan said:

Lack of pace will be a hindrance for us given how far up we usually hold the line.

You would've had a 38 year old Clint Hill marshalling your defence in 2017/18 but your Chairman wouldn't meet his demands for another year 🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I've always felt he was going to become a decent lower league centre half who was maybe just shit enough for nobody to ever come in for him but good enough to stay here for a long time and do well for us & be an old fashioned decent servant...

He may still be if we don't ultimately sell him...

In a parallel universe where Corney and Blitz saw sense cut their loses in early 2017 and sold to the Chinese lads and we are a top 6 league 1 side this exact scenario is being played out.

2 hours ago, Gers fan said:

Thanks. Sounds like he’s come on a lot this season and has potential.

Yeah theirs potential how far up he goes I don't know. Obviously playing for Rangers infront of 40k plus will be different  to playing infront of sub 4k crowds at Oldham will be different but plenty of other clubs see the potential too so they can't all be wrong.

He is also subtely nasty on the pitch and can look after himself.

However, l’m not of the opinion that he should be starting every match at Rangers. It’s not a sink or swim situation and l’m hoping Gerrard is looking further than next season where George is concerned.

🇬🇧.

He's a good player, particularly as centre halves don't really mature until their mid twenties, some of the faults he had hes ironed out of his game and he will continue to as he gets older, he's a sensible grounded lad whose dad knows the game well and in my opinion can have a very successful career with a bit of luck.

Positives for me are his ability to win the duel particularly in the air where he's improved no end in the last twelve months, he can play a bit and is pretty confident with the ball at his feet, he's a good talker and will probably go on to captain teams in the future, his passing can be improved but that will come with time, he does have a habit of leaning back and not staying over the ball when hitting a long ball but again it is technique which will improve with experience and age, he loves to tackle and defend which I know should be a given but for me is lacking in the modern game and he's also a fair size and strong for his age.

He really does have plenty of attributes and there is a reason plenty of teams are interested, if the 600k figure is true in my opinion he's really worth a punt at that type of money considering the derth of young up and coming defenders on the scene.

Hope he signs and helps you win the league next season, sick to death of seeing the tattie munchers winning everything. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

31 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Particularly as Chamakh announced his retirement three weeks ago, after not playing in almost three years.

He's played the equivalent of 4 matches since November 2015.

His last ful match was December 2014!

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

What a signing this would be. Would score 20+ in this league. 

The guy has scored 13 goals in 8 years. I don't like being confrontational and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you spout so much shit I assume most of it is sarcasm

33 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's on the edge of being safe now to say there won't be any actual rumours; just arrivals from you know where.

Agree, there's a Billy Clarke rumour floating around Twitter but I can't see it happening. 10 or 11 French lads incoming I expect.

4 minutes ago, JTM said:

Agree, there's a Billy Clarke rumour floating around Twitter but I can't see it happening. 10 or 11 French lads incoming I expect.

With a sprinkling from UAE and Qatar. I can see Numb Nuts bringing in a translator. For the English lads (if there's any left)

Archived