Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't this done to s by Fleetwood either last season or the season before?

Now regarding Edmondson and Rangers (if they come back with another offer) why don't we insist that Rossiter (the lad on loan at Bury last season) is part of the deal, either permanent or on loan for free, because I've read he's on £10kpw.

Some of the people on this message board must be absolutely exhausted constantly defending the owner. It must grind them down seeing him constantly fail them and let them down yet still they fell the need to defend him.

We all know another shitshow is round the corner and we all know who is going to be at the centre of it.

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Some of the people on this message board must be absolutely exhausted constantly defending the owner. It must grind them down seeing him constantly fail them and let them down yet still they fell the need to defend him.

We all know another shitshow is round the corner and we all know who is going to be at the centre of it.

I wouldn't defend AL, but this is done all he time. LJ had an agreement with Forest to loan Lascelles which they reneged on. LJ said later that he had learned a lesson and wouldn't fall for It again.

Who says we leaked out the Posh deal. We all know  GE wants to leave, whose to say that the Rangers offer wasn't just coincidence. In fact wasn't GE shown around the Rangers facilities before he went on holiday?

14 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I wouldn't defend AL, but this is done all he time.

So when the Peterboro chairman says that this isn't how it's done and it's the first time he's seen it in 12 years, is he lying or do you just know better?

27 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So when the Peterboro chairman says that this isn't how it's done and it's the first time he's seen it in 12 years, is he lying or do you just know better?

He was lying when he said that no deals were ongoing and that he was on holiday!

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

No more exhausting than the constant abuse directed at him. The present Edmundson transfer discussion being a fine example.

Not sure whether this has been posted previously and I can’t be arsed going back over the thread, however, it’s simple business practice, if you own something and are planning on selling said item, if a buyer comes in and offers a figure and you accept whether verbally or by email, this is not a guaranteed sale, if someone else comes along and offers a different figure and it’s more appealing to you as the owner of said item, you as the owner have the right to accept this offer, however unprofessional this may seem. 

Its a sellers prerogative to accept which ever offer they choose, I’m not defending the owner as he’s a clown, but business is business and you can guarantee GE agent will be trying to get the best deal he can for his player, thus increasing his own pay day!

the posh chairman is in the wrong imo for airing his dirty washing in public.  

I think we may need VAR to adjudicate on transfers. It's come to something when the only defence is that football is a deeply unethical business so it's fine if we push the ethical boundaries even further. 

#familyclub

#wedothingsrighthere

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I haven't seen anyone defending him in pretty much anything. Playing dirty to get more money for a transfer though, go for it. Rest of what he's doing might be a bag of shit but can't fault him for this

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

No more exhausting than the constant abuse directed at him. The present Edmundson transfer discussion being a fine example.

Mate you've got your head buried in the sand. Either that or you want the club to fail? 

I mean what do you expect everyone to be happy about whats going on. 2 Years on from since he came to the club and things have got worse on every level.

If the Edmondson transfer was just a one off thing it wouldn't be such a problem. But its problem after problem after problem they keep coming and show no signs of stopping. We have absolutely no chance with this half wit in charge.

Wake up!

3 hours ago, Lees Latics said:

Not sure whether this has been posted previously and I can’t be arsed going back over the thread, however, it’s simple business practice, if you own something and are planning on selling said item, if a buyer comes in and offers a figure and you accept whether verbally or by email, this is not a guaranteed sale, if someone else comes along and offers a different figure and it’s more appealing to you as the owner of said item, you as the owner have the right to accept this offer, however unprofessional this may seem. 

Its a sellers prerogative to accept which ever offer they choose, I’m not defending the owner as he’s a clown, but business is business and you can guarantee GE agent will be trying to get the best deal he can for his player, thus increasing his own pay day!

the posh chairman is in the wrong imo for airing his dirty washing in public.  

The crucial bit is the handshake. Of course, it could go tits up but it is so early on, why did he accept the deal. Why not park it and say I'll keep it on the table I want to see how things pan out, give the others chance.
It;s not like he went from getting 600k to £1m. More like 600k +10% sell on to 20% sell on.

30 minutes ago, singe said:

The crucial bit is the handshake. Of course, it could go tits up but it is so early on, why did he accept the deal. Why not park it and say I'll keep it on the table I want to see how things pan out, give the others chance.
It;s not like he went from getting 600k to £1m. More like 600k +10% sell on to 20% sell on.

Singe, your post is irrelevant, a handshake or gentleman’s agreement doesn’t  exist anymore, certainly not in football with some of the charlatans that are ruining the game at the moment. 

Whether the the deal is an extra 10% sell on fee on top of what was supposed to be agreed or not, as someone who sells for a living, a buyer will try and screw you down on every last penny, so as the person with the asset to sell, why not screw every last penny out of the buyer. 

Its sour grapes from Peterborough, nothing else. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Mate you've got your head buried in the sand. Either that or you want the club to fail? 

I mean what do you expect everyone to be happy about whats going on. 2 Years on from since he came to the club and things have got worse on every level.

If the Edmondson transfer was just a one off thing it wouldn't be such a problem. But its problem after problem after problem they keep coming and show no signs of stopping. We have absolutely no chance with this half wit in charge.

Wake up!

Why can’t you separate this one issue from the rest? 

Nobody is saying he’s the saviour, we all get how bad things are. However trying to get as much as you can for whatever your selling is common practice in every walk of life.

I will go further, maybe he wants to recoup some his outlay. What’s so wrong with paying yourself back occasionally, when it’s all your money anyway. The idea that any chairman should never recoup any money and it should always go into the club is for the birds.

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Nobody is saying he’s the saviour, we all get how bad things are. However trying to get as much as you can for whatever your selling is common practice in every walk of life.

I will go further, maybe he wants to recoup some his outlay. What’s so wrong with paying yourself back occasionally, when it’s all your money anyway. The idea that any chairman should never recoup any money and it should always go into the club is for the birds.

This. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

However trying to get as much as you can for whatever your selling is common practice in every walk of life.

Except MacAnthony explicitly says that this method of trying to get more for what we’re selling ISN'T common practice. And although he doesn’t say outright, the implication is the Accrington chairman agrees.

The problem here isn’t that AL is trying to get more money. Or even what he does with it when he gets it. It’s his method, and how that method could cause harm to oafc’s reputation as a club to deal with going forward. 

Out of interest is there anything this fuckwit can do without causing controversy, I know he gave us the gift that was Queensy Menig but other than that what have been his positive contributions? I'm struggling to think of any and if we do receive a decent fee that would be nothing to do with the clown given he inherited him.

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

This. 

Do we separate the FCA’s chastisement of his poor governance, or does that have its own separate set of excuses too?

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Out of interest is there anything this fuckwit can do without causing controversy, I know he gave us the gift that was Queensy Menig but other than that what have been his positive contributions?

Oi! The North stand wouldn't be The Joe Royle stand if it wasn't for him! And he made that nice video when he first took over, with a montage of our glory days with his face at the end!

13 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Do we separate the FCA’s chastisement of his poor governance, or does that have its own separate set of excuses too?

No. Obviously not. They aren’t related... one is admin, the other is dealing. Very different indeed. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Out of interest is there anything this fuckwit can do without causing controversy, I know he gave us the gift that was Queensy Menig but other than that what have been his positive contributions? I'm struggling to think of any and if we do receive a decent fee that would be nothing to do with the clown given he inherited him.

To be fair to him, if Corney was still in charge, George would be at Rangers now and SC would be offering out the tube of pringles to the office staff that we received.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You forgot the most important positive-we still have a team to watch-oh I forgot you don't go anymore do you?

Archived