Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, peanuts said:

interesting twitter thread 

Just read the full thread. We really are a farce aren't we? I keep hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel but it just gets worse by the day

4 minutes ago, JTM said:

Just read the full thread. We really are a farce aren't we? I keep hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel but it just gets worse by the day

It's a bit of a snidey trick but hardly uncommon for deals to fall through, MacAnthony likes to paint himself as holier than thou character.

27 minutes ago, JTM said:

How about getting a bigger bag of money at the end of the tunnel being your light ? Not personally arsed how much players go for. Don’t think it will exactly be getting invested back into the team anyway. I just know some people get hard over it. 

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

There was an agreement. It doesn’t happen all the time. 

If it means the club get more for the player then it is no bad thing. Football is littered with broken agreements, i still happen to think that AL is a shyster who will exacerbate the decline of OAFC. 

44 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If it means the club get more for the player then it is no bad thing. Football is littered with broken agreements, i still happen to think that AL is a shyster who will exacerbate the decline of OAFC. 

Nah. It’s gazumping and it’s wrong. 

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

They normally do when it comes to agreed deals. 

I am quite surprised to see how many here endorse his actions, i just wonder if the reaction would be the same if :clown: was given the runaround whilst trying to buy a player.

17 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I am quite surprised to see how many here endorse his actions, i just wonder if the reaction would be the same if :clown: was given the runaround whilst trying to buy a player.

You mean like in actual football where you love it when a dodgy decision goes your way and feel pissed of when it doesn’t?  

Didn’t know people where so puritanical here. 

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You mean like in actual football where you love it when a dodgy decision goes your way and feel pissed of when it doesn’t?  

Didn’t know people where so puritanical here. 

And you would be the one moaning the loudest as per :chubb:

6 minutes ago, parigby said:

With all respect to our posters, unless you have seen the alleged e-mail string in full, that is the basis of said agreement, then we are in no position to comment one way or another. 

This is a forum for discussion. Posh chairman has publicly stated what's happened (what's he got to gain by making it up?) so we're discussing it. 

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

AL has shown no indication he knows what he's doing with regards to anything. 

Why should we assume he's doing the right thing in regards to this?

This is my opinion on the matter. I would like to think we could get more for George than 600k, after all if Trotman went for 500k I think George is worth close to £1m

But just sounds like another example of AL being a shit house really. 

A deal isn’t a deal until it’s a signed contract.

Basic stuff this fellas. 

Gentleman's agreements don't seem to apply in football, particularly where you have characters like AL and DM involved. Cone on... this Darragh is no angel is he.... FAR from it. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not sure people understand the difference between having a bidding war and renegading on an agreed deal.

Abdallah has acted like an absolute **** here in order to maximise transfer revenue for OAFC. Great stuff.

Archived